What's new

Recovery roll into wakeup

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Just wondering about this and its probably something I should be adding into my game, I don't even recovery roll that much and when I do its just into block. I barely see any1 else do it either, can't even really recall people doing it much in high level play but its not exactly a detail I've payed attention to. Anyway do you guys do it often? Just putting the cpu on roll and wakeup I noticed they catch'd me out on a lot of things.

Say for instane after ending a combo with spirit charge using kenshi and their full screen you get a free TKS afar which they have to block and stuffs most wakeup attacks. But if they recovery roll and wakeup attack and your already doing the TKS you'll get hit even with something as ass as sub's slide.

Just wanted to ask people cause it's something I've always overlooked.

Kuai Liang

Tundra
Hell, I didn't even know there was a roll until like a week ago. I think I rolled until I found out there was wake up attacks but I completely forgot to use it. Plus it never consistently works for me. I land and I'm holding back and the character does nothing and then sometimes he will roll. Something I'm missing obviously.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Hell, I didn't even know there was a roll until like a week ago. I think I rolled until I found out there was wake up attacks but I completely forgot to use it. Plus it never consistently works for me. I land and I'm holding back and the character does nothing and then sometimes he will roll. Something I'm missing obviously.
I think you input recovery roll just with a kick button. I normally do 3 I think, but I don't even do it that often i'm not even completely sure lol. Also many attacks give untechable knockdowns and some throws do too so you can't recovery roll.

No1 else has any input? I thought it was suprising at least how roll into wakeup got out of many situations I thought were previously unescapable and I'm not sure if I've ever really noticed it.

Somberness

Lights
You can roll instantly by just mashing any button. Even stance switch or tag works. If you want to do a wakeup attack after a roll, just mash anything of no consequence until you roll and then do the attack. The reason you should mash instead of just pressing it once is because every knockdown is different and the window is pretty short. I have more problems getting a wakeup attack without rolling because you have to memorize when your character can get up after any knockdown.