What's new

Question Realistice Bane Buffs, Yes or No?

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Make f2 safe on block or at least trim it down a little bit :)

Change f2,d command to something not retarded

Do something with venom lv2,3

Yes to speed boost

New round transitions reset venom debuff (I think it carries over? Can't recall)

Venom armor to apply to d,b+1 (up grab)... I don't think the armor applies to this move currently

And some good skins... for free.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
not to be rude, but there is an entire thread dedicated to Bane buff ideas, this one is just my personal thoughts. i won't update the OP unless it's a buff i think Bane absolutely 100% NEEDS :p

Reactions: RYX

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
not to be rude, but there is an entire thread dedicated to Bane buff ideas, this one is just my personal thoughts. i won't update the OP unless it's a buff i think Bane absolutely 100% NEEDS :p
Debuff reset between rounds.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Trust you to make a thread about buffing bane ;)

He's crazy good if someone manages to hit you in full combo or even an EX charge on lvl 3 venom, but apart from the insane damage he's pretty turrurble.

It doesn't help that the Debuff pretty much stops people from going lvl 3 in tournament play without trapping someone in the corner but still, most people wouldn't take the risk in competitive play to go lvl 3.

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
If I ever get the balls money to go to a tournament, it will be a win for me if I can shout YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH in my opponent's ear while winning off a total YOLO super venom level 3

the ultimate 50/50 of life/death and awesomeness or humiliation
Last in the bracket. First in life. YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHH!

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
LMFAO! I can see that...

*YOLO Trait Mash*
*YOLO Wake-up Super Mash*
*Super Connects*
"YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" synchronized with Bane's in-game "YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"
*Throws stick*
*Runs out of room still screaming YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!"*

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
If I ever get the balls money to go to a tournament, it will be a win for me if I can shout YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH in my opponent's ear while winning off a total YOLO super venom level 3

the ultimate 50/50 of life/death and awesomeness or humiliation
I'm going to one next month and I can virtually garuntee a YOLO YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH happening.

Reactions: RYX

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I only want jd3 and d3 to be identical to doomsday in terms of frames and hitbox. That's all.

F2D isn't a normal motion but I think if NRS allowed it to be F2df as well as F2d it'd be great and not as much of a hassle.

The ring toss that grabs by the foot and slams them in front if you (commonly done after 223 or 113)? Yeah. I think it should ground bounce. You won't get the ground bounce after 113 (can't do two in a combo) but you would after 223.

I also kinda think ring toss should have armor. I'm kind of thinking no but leaning towards yes.

The randomness of where you recover from after BF1 connects needs to end. The move is to get you close (and run through moves and backdashes). So keep bane close. He doesn't even have to be standing on top of them. Just close enough for maybe a b1. The randomness of where you end up is untrustworthy and downright shady.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
F2D isn't a normal motion but I think if NRS allowed it to be F2df as well as F2d it'd be great and not as much of a hassle.

The ring toss that grabs by the foot and slams them in front if you (commonly done after 223 or 113)? Yeah. I think it should ground bounce. You won't get the ground bounce after 113 (can't do two in a combo) but you would after 223.

I also kinda think ring toss should have armor. I'm kind of thinking no but leaning towards yes.

The randomness of where you recover from after BF1 connects needs to end. The move is to get you close (and run through moves and backdashes). So keep bane close. He doesn't even have to be standing on top of them. Just close enough for maybe a b1. The randomness of where you end up is untrustworthy and downright shady.
It's not random. You get different throws depending on the opponent's positioning in the air when you grab them.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Ah ok, misread that. I don't like it either; I have a RC reset that's harder to do than it should be because it will sometimes leave the opponent too far away to MB the RC.

Ah ok, misread that. I don't like it either; I have a RC reset that's harder to do than it should be because it will sometimes leave the opponent too far away to MB the RC.
That reminds me of another thing I wanted buffed/changed.

BF1 MB. The opponent should not get up so freaking fast. I think Bane gets up about 3 frames faster than the opponent and he just jumped on top of them. Just another reason to not MB any of his specials.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
you can get over 30% for MB'ing raging charge on level 3 and you don't think that's worth the bar? seriously?

you can get over 30% for MB'ing raging charge on level 3 and you don't think that's worth the bar? seriously?
My apologies. I mean, other than the overwhelming lvl 3 damage. Kinda thought that was a given. Yeah, other than for lvl2/lvl3 damage (AKA to end a round/match), there's really not much motivation because they mess up your oki setups.

BF1 MB, opponent gets up only about 3 frames slower than Bane.
BF2 MB, opponent gets up pretty quickly as well.
DB2 MB, opponent gets violently kicked across the screen (good for near the corner but nowhere else)
DBF3 MB, opponent gets thrown too far and gets up too fast for any legit oki (only good for throwing someone back into the corner if your back is to it).