What's new

Question Realistice Bane Buffs, Yes or No?

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
Totally agreed PND_Mustard also I maining Bane since day 1, in bane tribute I try to explore it in depth and discover most of technology as possible and to this day I keep trying but bane is so simple that there is nothing more! is very limited, and the consequences of venom lvl3 are really a bad joke, now, many people say that if the consequences of level 3 were removed bane will be OP, PLZ ... only have to think about the combo opportunities of bane (especially against zoning chars).

As says karaokelove the problem is the design of the character but also the game system that does not benefit, Bane is a mixture of characters zanguief type, more like raiden (fatal fury, CvS2, kof13) and birdie (sfa´s) but also the mechanics of injustice does not favor him, and it is not expected to pass the months to reach the maximum level with bane PLZ, he is very limited and he needs buffs.

REO

Undead
I disagree with these buffs. I think it's too early to tell if a character is bad or not. We should wait a few months to a year at minimum before jumping the gun. Bane could be high tier in the right hands if used properly. I think some of you just need to adapt with his tools and think outside the box. JK. Anyone with half a brain can see that Bane is seriously lacking compared to a large majority of the cast.

These buffs are good and I don't have a problem with them. I still think f+2 should be safe on block, and his charge needs to be cancellable with another special during mid-run, or cancelled ALA Grundy corpse charge by doing d,b after a specific length is reached. If he MUST keep his speed debuff, then he needs to receive a speed increase buff to venom for each level to compensate.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
DoctrineDark REO

thanks for your input, F2 being safe on block is something that escaped my mind entirely, i don't understand why a normal is SO unsafe on block with such a low startup, Bane's F2 might just be this games equivalent to Baraka's U4.

having raging charge cancellable like walking corpse would definitely be welcomed, considering it's incredibly hard to utilise properly right now.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I disagree with these buffs. I think it's too early to tell if a character is bad or not. We should wait a few months to a year at minimum before jumping the gun. Bane could be high tier in the right hands if used properly. I think some of you just need to adapt with his tools and think outside the box. JK. Anyone with half a brain can see that Bane is seriously lacking compared to a large majority of the cast..
That was cruel and unnecessary!

I've already posted in the other thread, but outside of removing the defense penalty on venom cooldown, I want all his penalties to stay. If he still needs help, the buffs should address his core movelist (so players can avoid using venom all the time) or increase the bonuses to venom (so the downside risk becomes worthwhile).

Again... too cruel!

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
DoctrineDark REO

thanks for your input, F2 being safe on block is something that escaped my mind entirely, i don't understand why a normal is SO unsafe on block with such a low startup, Bane's F2 might just be this games equivalent to Baraka's U4.

having raging charge cancellable like walking corpse would definitely be welcomed, considering it's incredibly hard to utilise properly right now.
I get results with it online bro, i just do it and it always works :tonyt

I'm just waiting to see if they will give him anything in general.

Like I said in the buff thread, make level 1 Venom have no debuffs. It's not as if he gains a ridiculous boost on that level anyway. However, level 2 and 3 should have debuffs but make it where it's not as long as they are now. Make his charging move cancelable or just get rid of the stupid flexing animation at the end of it cause it kills momentum.

With my proposed changes aswell as the ones mentioned in the OP, I think it would make Bane a better character, but not one that is ridiculously over powered.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
holy shit i just realised i spelt Realistic wrong in the thread title, can a mod please correct it and hide my obvious stupidity?

Juggs

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Charge cancels. Can you imagine the mind games you could inflict with that tool?

I dont think thats too much to ask?

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
This is not an easy fix as it affects other characters as well like Frost who's U3 keeps her opponent on the same side if it kills them ;_;
I don't believe those need to be fixed, as the "End of Round Explosion" happens at the moment of impact at the U3 so it makes sense to have them blast across the screen to the respective side. But for Bane the "End of Round Explosion" does not happen until after the grab is completed and Bane throws them on the ground, so technically you should be able to choose the side to which you throw them.

And Killer Frost doesn't need any more buffs

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I disagree with these buffs. I think it's too early to tell if a character is bad or not. We should wait a few months to a year at minimum before jumping the gun. Bane could be high tier in the right hands if used properly. I think some of you just need to adapt with his tools and think outside the box. JK
Ahh. I see what you did there:) Well played, you got me

jfunkey

Noob
REO got me salty for a second. But do you think we could agree that bane needs a MB option for a special that ground/wall bounces? Not having one kinda limits his combo options.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
REO got me salty for a second. But do you think we could agree that bane needs a MB option for a special that ground/wall bounces? Not having one kinda limits his combo options.
I think (I could be wrong) but I was one of the main people, in many threads, criticizing people for asking for buffs too early in the game. I still feel no patches should happen to the game before 2-3 months. My main criticism was for the thread dedicated to how bad lobo was and how he needed buffs. Overall he's a really smart guy and it's the internet, not everybody can agree on everything

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
As much as a I agree with this, and believe me I do, I think we need to focus on the Venom issue. There are a lot of area's in which he is lacking but that is the priority for sure.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
So do you think the reason that they gave bad options to bane is that he was a last minute character, because I heard in one of the interviews that they usually gave the most well rounded options to the characters they made first (e.g. batman)

Brahma

Noob
I'd like to see some sort of cancel for charge. Maybe even change his Charge MB so that you can MB to cancel into block or something. It would give him a solid way in vs. projectile heavy characters.

I'd also like to see f+2 either safe or cancelable.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I'd like to see some sort of cancel for charge. Maybe even change his Charge MB so that you can MB to cancel into block or something. It would give him a solid way in vs. projectile heavy characters.

I'd also like to see f+2 either safe or cancelable.
F.2 is cancellable by forward and back dash.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
DoctrineDark REO

Banes F2 is nowhere near as awesome as Barakas U4.

Me and you are gonna fight