What's new

Raiden General Discussion

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
I'm certainly going to main Raiden, but I'm also going to take a look at Ashrah. My guess is she's going to have more of that mid range game that Raiden had in MK11. Her projectile reminds me a lot of Jo Push.
I'm pretty interested in Rain so far. Obviously I'll still main Raiden, but like others have said I look forward to seeing how the Kameos can help enhance his gameplan.

To be very honest I wonder if there's going to be a god Raiden Kameo? Because Kameos seem to be taking from the more classic era. I wonder if double thunder dudes is a viable team combo?

I'm pretty interested in Rain so far. Obviously I'll still main Raiden, but like others have said I look forward to seeing how the Kameos can help enhance his gameplan.

To be very honest I wonder if there's going to be a god Raiden Kameo? Because Kameos seem to be taking from the more classic era. I wonder if double thunder dudes is a viable team combo?
the so far 100% accurate leaks say nothing about a raiden kameo and i believe the story kameo is just a one time thing. we've seen a lot of launchers, mobility and projectiles from raiden so far, so maybe a kameo with mixup potential is his way to go.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
the so far 100% accurate leaks say nothing about a raiden kameo and i believe the story kameo is just a one time thing. we've seen a lot of launchers, mobility and projectiles from raiden so far, so maybe a kameo with mixup potential is his way to go.
Aw that's sad then. I was really hoping to see if repping double Raiden would be viable.

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
So as far as specials I've seen (making up names here)

Lightning Blast, you can charge it, ex. version charges fast
Sparkport, ex version juggles
Electric Fly, now dive bombs in the air, ex footage yet
Storm Cell, ex version juggles
Shocker, ex version ground bounces
Electric Burst, that move where he poses and when it hits he teleports and attacks, no ex version yet

So as far as specials I've seen (making up names here)

Lightning Blast, you can charge it, ex. version charges fast
Sparkport, ex version juggles
Electric Fly, now dive bombs in the air, ex footage yet
Storm Cell, ex version juggles
Shocker, ex version ground bounces
Electric Burst, that move where he poses and when it hits he teleports and attacks, no ex version yet
dont forget the lightning projectile which he can shoot single or summon up to 6

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Don't hate me, but I actually thought Rolling Thunder was ok, it just wasn't worth giving up a different move to get it. The moves that had the most synergy with it also meant giving up a launcher.

I also thought Jo Push was a good move, by itself, but the fact that it cost two slots and replaced a good corner carry ender made the cost too high. I generally liked the variation system in MK11, but it meant that moves couldn't just be judged on there merits, they also had to be judged on their potential cost.

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
so I'm most likely using a Cyber and 2 scenarios kame to mind

Raiden's teleport with Cyrax's bomb, from the trailer it looks like Cyrax does in from your first position

And then the tele-punch which tracks, using that with teleport to get in for free

xRantex

Rante Inferno
Raiden/Cyrax: throw out net and then teleport if they swing they get caught by the net. Net = free superman in the corner. I also like the bomb setup idea..

I'm gonna try a "hard to block able" setup like Stryker assist low/ov. But I think Cyrax or Sek would fit him better cause it compliments the teleport :)

Ardet

Noob
Raiden/Cyrax: throw out net and then teleport if they swing they get caught by the net. Net = free superman in the corner. I also like the bomb setup idea..

I'm gonna try a "hard to block able" setup like Stryker assist low/ov. But I think Cyrax or Sek would fit him better cause it compliments the teleport :)
You cannot use net like that since its summon assist and you will able to move only when net hit. But sektor's rocket is ambush so you will be able to send roket and then tele. If they press button rocket will hit them.

xRantex

Rante Inferno
You cannot use net like that since its summon assist and you will able to move only when net hit. But sektor's rocket is ambush so you will be able to send roket and then tele. If they press button rocket will hit them.
Oh ok thanks I didn't know that.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
so, who of the raiden mains is also gonna main ashrah? 80% :cool:? i will, actually i think raiden will have to be my main B this time.
She seems like the kind of gameplay I actually prefer, a bit more like MK11 Raiden. I like the movement options, the emphasis on mid range space control, heavily grounded gameplan, with just a little bit of english on the ball with her different stances and attempt to cash out damage.

She seems like the kind of gameplay I actually prefer, a bit more like MK11 Raiden. I like the movement options, the emphasis on mid range space control, heavily grounded gameplan, with just a little bit of english on the ball with her different stances and attempt to cash out damage.
exactly my thoughs, plus she was my most awaited character anyway