What's new

Qwark's Injustice patch

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I thought I'd make some patch notes, not asking for a new patch but just for shits and giggles.

- Ares

Trait does not disappear when hit
Backdash recovery frames reduced by 4
Jump is no longer floaty

- Aquaman

B1 changed to 11f startup
Takes 50% more damage and chip damage when traited

- Bane

Level 3 debuff timer decreased by 1 second
Level 3 debuff renders Bane unable to backdash
Level 2 debuff normalises Bane's D2 to his pre-patch hitbox

- Batgirl

Backdash recovery increased by 4 frames
Dash recovery increased by 3 frames

- Batman

Nothing

- Black Adam

Trait rapidly regenerates meter up to 2 bars and enables trip guard properties on lightning strike and doubles its chip damage.

- Catwoman

Low whip is -15 on block
Walkspeed increased and is up to par with Green Lantern
Maxed trait on hit creates a knockdown out of which the opponent can not wake up

- Cyborg

Command grab is now mid and can be meter burned for 20% total damage
Cyborg's trait is revamped into a 15f startup fullscreen instant recovery grapple with a 16 second cooldown
D1 ~ Vacuum can combo into a bounce cancelled B3

- Deathstroke

Trait is now 20f startup and lasts 3 seconds. While traited, projectile attacks do 50% less damage, have no hit or blockstun and prevent Deathstroke from jumping back. Shots are mid, unblockable and do triple the damage when the opponent is airborne.

- Doomsday

EX Air Venom can no longer be comboed out of, is -7 on block
Air Venom can be meter burned into either a close divekick or the normal divekick, creating a crossup/non crossup mixup

- Green Arrow

Normal Arrows do 3% damage
Fire Arrows chip for 3% damage
Combo damage increase by 4%
Hurricane bow can be meter burned for 10% chip and +12 frame advantage on block, normal version knocks the opponent fullscreen

- Flash

Lightning Charge can only be meter burned on hit

- Green Lantern

Same

- Harley Quinn

Silly Slide can be bounce cancelled
Gunshots do 1% more damage

- Hawkgirl

Don't know enough about her

- Joker

Dash distance increased
Dash recovery frames decreased by 4
Gunshot can be meter burned to hid mid and armour break

- Killer Frost

Black Ice no longer has a phantom hitbox
Forward dash Recovery decreased by 3f

- Lex Luthor

- Lobo

Same

- Martian Manhunter

Trait cooldown increased to 12 seconds
Can only have one regular and one meter burned orb on screen
Projectiles build 30% less meter
Orb disappear when MMH is hit

- Nightwing

EX Flipkick is +4 on block
Staff Stance now receives F1 of the 1+F1 string as an 18f command normal.
EX Staff spin now builds 50% less meter and does 12% chip damage
Flying Wayne can now be meter burned for 1 hit of armor
Flying Grayson can now be meter burned to hit mid and is +1 on block

- Raven

Soul crush can be meter burned on hit as soon as it hits the opponent, popup counts as a second hit

- Scorpion

MB teleport is now -3 on block
Backdash distance slightly increased
Trait now builds 1 bar of meter on whiff, 25% of a bar on block and 50% of a bar on hit

- Shazam

Can spent one more bar on his command grab to instantly activate trait upon the lightning bolt hitting the opponent

- Sinestro

Unchanged

- Salmon Grundy

Starts the match with a lvl 3 trait chain of choice
MB command grab ignores ungrabable frames
Command grab now does up to 40% when raw and is unbreakable
Forward dash reaches 30% further and recovers 2f faster

- Superman

Unchanged

- Wonderwoman

Unchanged

- Zatanna

No clue

- Zod

Can only have 1 Zod ball on screen without MBing his rifle

Last edited:

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
- Doomsday

EX Air Venom can no longer be comboed out of, is -7 on block
Air Venom can be meter burned into either a close divekick or the normal divekick, creating a crossup/non crossup mixup
I've never been so wet.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
- Joker

Dash distance increased
Gunshot can be meter burned to hid mid and armour break
I really REALLY wish they did this and replaced the gun with his Rocket Launcher for the animation and have him shoot a rocket.
Would be awesome, add a pretty sweet mindgame to holding the gun out there if you can MB it during the stall, and really have completed the character.
:rolleyes: oh well.
You forgot to fix our shit show of a trait though.
Cool stuff man!

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I really REALLY wish they did this and replaced the gun with his Rocket Launcher for the animation and have him shoot a rocket.
Would be awesome, add a pretty sweet mindgame to holding the gun out there if you can MB it during the stall, and really have completed the character.
:rolleyes: oh well.
You forgot to fix our shit show of a trait though.
Cool stuff man!
Were I to fix trait I would not be able to resist adding an air parry to parry anti air attempts.
You would nerf Deathstroke's already useless trait?.. lol
How is it a nerf when he can throw an opponent fullscreen, activate trait and then get about 13% guaranteed damage? It's a pretty great round ender.

IMO:

Green Arrow:
A damage buff isn't want Arrow needs, because his real problem is that he has no low combo starters and at the highest possible level almost all his mixups are fuzzy and/or reactable. Doesn't matter if he's got a 4% or a 50% damage buff when he can't open anyone up. Making his B1 a low starter would be a much better and more preferable buff than any damage increase IMO.
I'd agree with the rest of your buffs to arrow for the most part...although you might be a *little* overzealous with the damage. 5% chip for fire arrows seems a little excessive.
EDIT: Oh, something I've thought about a lot would be giving electrical arrows armor break property. Would help a lot in the Bane Matchup. Not set in stone on this one becasue I'd worry about it tipping the grundy and lex fight too much in his favor.

Aquaman:
Aquaman is kind of a tricky character to balance for me because as ludicrous as the chip damage seems on trident rush....the more I play him the more I realize he actually needs it because at the highest level he cannot really open people up. You can't remove trident rush and keep him viable unless you give him a true 50/50...and that might make him even better than he is with how he dominates footsies.
I would still nerf the damage just slightly to make sure that D1xxspecial doesn't do as much as another characters BNB. Primarily I think I would probably cut the meterbuild by a fine percentage. He doesn't need to be able to do 12 trident rushes in a row for 180%. Something more like 8 or 9 for 100% is a bit more reasonable.

For his trait, i would actually argue for putting a hard coded limit on it for ever fight. Say for example he is able to trait up 3-4 times each match (counting both lifebars) and that's it. Once its gone he's on his own. I would also argue for letting a frozen state negate the trait...but I may be biased in that regard ;) .

Adding more startup frames to his normals like his D2 or his B1 might be a good idea but I'd hesitate to throw out numbers. As an alternative maybe his mobility should be taken into consideration? One principal I hear people talk about with Street Fighter is that generally the more space a character controls the less mobile they are. Aquaman is pretty good at controlling space.....

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
IMO:

Green Arrow:
A damage buff isn't want Arrow needs, because his real problem is that he has no low combo starters and at the highest possible level almost all his mixups are fuzzy and/or reactable. Doesn't matter if he's got a 4% or a 50% damage buff when he can't open anyone up. Making his B1 a low starter would be a much better and more preferable buff than any damage increase IMO.
I'd agree with the rest of your buffs to arrow for the most part...although you might be a *little* overzealous with the damage. 5% chip for fire arrows seems a little excessive.

Aquaman:
Aquaman is kind of a tricky character to balance for me because as ludicrous as the chip damage seems on trident rush....the more I play him the more I realize he actually needs it because at the highest level he cannot really open people up. You can't remove trident rush and keep him viable unless you give him a true 50/50...and that might make him even better than he is with how he dominates footsies.
I would still nerf the damage just slightly to make sure that D1xxspecial doesn't do as much as another characters BNB. Primarily I think I would probably cut the meterbuild by a fine percentage. He doesn't need to be able to do 12 trident rushes in a row for 180%. Something more like 8 or 9 for 100% is a bit more reasonable.

For his trait, i would actually argue for putting a hard coded limit on it for ever fight. Say for example he is able to trait up 3-4 times each match (counting both lifebars) and that's it. Once its gone he's on his own. I would also argue for letting a frozen state negate the trait...but I may be biased in that regard ;) .

Adding more startup frames to his normals like his D2 or his B1 might be a good idea but I'd hesitate to throw out numbers. As an alternative maybe his mobility should be taken into consideration? One principal I hear people talk about with Street Fighter is that generally the more space a character controls the less mobile they are. Aquaman is pretty good at controlling space.....
Ideally I wanted to make him slightly less able to punish dashes so well, make his main footsie tool slightly slower and make fucked up trait reads hurt really bad.

With GA I went into a more keepaway perspective, doesn't need to open you up when he has frame advantage, good chip and fast arrows that now do damage.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Jokers trait should be an electric joy buzzer parry. It leaves the opponent in a trans like Zatannas. You can then walk back to go for an ambiguous jump 2 setup
@StevoSuprem0
It also messes with controls.

Ideally I wanted to make him slightly less able to punish dashes so well, make his main footsie tool slightly slower and make fucked up trait reads hurt really bad.
Hmm...I see what you're saying but I almost feel like that won't make much of a difference because they'll just start using B2 more. A lot of the Aquamen I fight online are already doing that because it covers air options as well. I worry that making him take double damage might almost make his trait as useless as Deathstrokes. Too much risk behind using it. If anything I would maybe give that property to Manhunter.

With GA I went into a more keepaway perspective, doesn't need to open you up when he has frame advantage, good chip and fast arrows that now do damage.
Well, speaking as a Green Arrow main let me say this: if he is patched to be more of a keepaway/zoning character I am dropping him, period. That's just not my playstyle and its not what I want from my main. What I love about Arrows design is that despite using a bow and arrow he operates more like a fencer, dashing in and savage blasting out. Not doing a ton of damage, but whittling you down slowly and annoying you...like poking a giant in the eye over and over again until he collapses out of sheer exhaustion. I don't want to lose that quality about him.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Hmm...I see what you're saying but I almost feel like that won't make much of a difference because they'll just start using B2 more. A lot of the Aquamen I fight online are already doing that because it covers air options as well. I worry that making him take double damage might almost make his trait as useless as Deathstrokes. Too much risk behind using it. If anything I would maybe give that property to Manhunter.

Well, speaking as a Green Arrow main let me say this: if he is patched to be more of a keepaway/zoning character I am dropping him, period. That's just not my playstyle and its not what I want from my main. What I love about Arrows design is that despite using a bow and arrow he operates more like a fencer, dashing in and savage blasting out. Not doing a ton of damage, but whittling you down slowly and annoying you...like poking a giant in the eye over and over again until he collapses out of sheer exhaustion. I don't want to lose that quality about him.
You want him to have a 50/50? I don't think he needs that. He's have a vortex on fortress lol. He needs more arrow chip, and better ranged normals to fight Aquaman. The last hit of hurricane bow should come out safe on block. The only bad thing about him is his risky options getting in or not being able to get in. And meter burn up haven should combo on everyone mid screen not just big bodies