What's new

Quan Chi Pre-Release Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hope he is a trap zoner similar to mkx. Couldn't catch much of his gameplay as the leaker had the difficulty on easy but I do remember him having the classic green skull projectile.

Give me rune trap or give me death.

With all the degenerate nonsense that's back in this game, i want to drop 2 kameo's and 3 bars to rip off at least 20% while blocking in the corner.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
The only things I would ask for is his spell gibberish in a usual deep voice, classic spell gestures, in other words exactly what "trance" was in mk9

And to have his usual clumsily awkward moves being brutal, some with a few drops of Kung Fu

I want the sidestory where Liu figures out he can setup shang/quan with better paths in life to live middling reasonable lives and says "nah, fuck it. Hard labor never seeing the sun with a certain death"

Oh holy shit he's thematically better than if I designed him myself. A little lovecraft here, portals there, and the fatality from The Cell. God just give me some rune trap degeneracy and its basically going to be him and sub until the end of the game.
Dude I am so hyped for Quan he is definitely a Warlock and more of a Mage than Rain or anyone in the game.
Looks like he's space control like Ashrah but has crazy Setplay, I flFN love it
Remember me saying the Datamines showed a bone trap, well I didn't expect that.
I wonder what you can do with his overhead, Lao low and that bone cage

He has a crazy huge Skull that beats projectiles then portals them above you for juggle

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
love the portal moves. I definitely like what I saw and to be honest it's quite expected. Not much into his fatality though, kind of random and not character definig as such. Hope his 2nd will be better.

And I really hope he will have proper 35 lvl mastery and will not be as half baked as omnishit.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I can guarantee you that this man's D2 is going to be SO annoying. I doubt that skeleton extends his hitbox so it'll be a god button for anti-airs. Eat your heart out, Johnny jump kick.

Everything he does looks so ridiculously swaggy. Portal normals, a ton of different projectiles, bone prison, skeleton summon normals, eldritch summons, sorcerer runes -- it's all just so amazing looking. Even if he ends up absolutely shit tier, I'll be playing the hell out of him.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I can guarantee you that this man's D2 is going to be SO annoying. I doubt that skeleton extends his hitbox so it'll be a god button for anti-airs. Eat your heart out, Johnny jump kick.

Everything he does looks so ridiculously swaggy. Portal normals, a ton of different projectiles, bone prison, skeleton summon normals, eldritch summons, sorcerer runes -- it's all just so amazing looking. Even if he ends up absolutely shit tier, I'll be playing the hell out of him.
Yeah but raw jump ins in neutral aren’t anywhere near as powerful in this game as they’ve been in previous games. So having a strong anti air isn’t as much of a positive as it used to be.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Eldritch Necromancer Quan Chi is looking like a mix between his sorcerer and warlock variation from MK1. Lots of tricky portals, projectiles, buffs and setups. I am quite pleased as to how he turned out.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Yeah but raw jump ins in neutral aren’t anywhere near as powerful in this game as they’ve been in previous games. So having a strong anti air isn’t as much of a positive as it used to be.
I do agree on a fundamental level as jumps are not near as valuable in MK1 as its predecessors. However in the context of a character with strong zoning abilities, having a strong anti-air game is absolutely an important aspect. People WILL be jumping to get over things so being able to shut that down is a very key part of a zoner's toolkit.

Ok after rewatching it I think that Purple circle he commands behind him is what makes his green skulls turn purple and that's what makes it portal them for combo.
It was only purple when he had it up, then he did a triple Purple Skull instead of green, called another circle then did EX version of purple skull that was a large Skull that juggled with that overhead portal.
Rooflemonger's video explained it well.

I'm also not sure but there might be something to him crushing the skulls in his hands, might be a stack 3 Skulls type of thing changing properties of a move like Geras and Tanya or like Ashrah.

I hope Quan is this deep, I like complex chars and love setplay/trap space control chars

Status
Not open for further replies.