What's new

QnA thread (johnny cage)

What's a good way around characters with really good d4's like Mileena and Sonya? jip whiffs, jump kick works but pushes them away. Usually they space it out well enough that F3 doesn't work... or am I just not timing the F3 well enough to get in between the d4's?

TimTim

Don't Hate
Being a new cage player I have a bunch of questions.
What's his new best string?
Why can people jump out after a standing and completely blocked f3 3 enfireball? Am I messing up the timing or does it no longer work.
After a f3 3 with no fireball followup i try do d1 but when Im online plenty of other d1's snuff mine and liu kangs d3 always snuffs my d1, and how can you keep them from jumping out after a f3 3 with no fireball? I was told I can d1 but they always jumpout and I try to stop them with a dash forward 1 2 2 44nut punch but if they don't jump back my pressures done. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help me practice what to do in situations (I play on xbox.) I played a couple of matches against foxy but I didn't learn much I just got my ass whooped.

Being a new cage player I have a bunch of questions.
What's his new best string?
Why can people jump out after a standing and completely blocked f3 3 enfireball? Am I messing up the timing or does it no longer work.
After a f3 3 with no fireball followup i try do d1 but when Im online plenty of other d1's snuff mine and liu kangs d3 always snuffs my d1, and how can you keep them from jumping out after a f3 3 with no fireball? I was told I can d1 but they always jumpout and I try to stop them with a dash forward 1 2 2 44nut punch but if they don't jump back my pressures done. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help me practice what to do in situations (I play on xbox.) I played a couple of matches against foxy but I didn't learn much I just got my ass whooped.
F3 2 is still a great string. Can't link into nut punch? Deal with it, you won't find a better string for pressure.

If people are jumping over your ex force balls then your timing is wrong, ex force ball on block is +3 and you should do 1 1 or B3 on people who are constantly jumping over. Since you play online though, lag's a factor and shit like jumping over ex force balls are likely to happen.

Cmon guys, we already got a question thread. No need to make a new one.

leek

Noob
What's a good way around characters with really good d4's like Mileena and Sonya? jip whiffs, jump kick works but pushes them away. Usually they space it out well enough that F3 doesn't work... or am I just not timing the F3 well enough to get in between the d4's?
can also do 44, but whiff the first hit over the d4.

TimTim

Don't Hate
Sorry I thought this was the Q/A thread but while I'm still here what should I do when people jump back after a blocked f3 3 and will d1 still snuff out most specials other than elbow dash?

Sorry I thought this was the Q/A thread but while I'm still here what should I do when people jump back after a blocked f3 3 and will d1 still snuff out most specials other than elbow dash?
I wouldn't recommend doing F33 unless you're gonna cancel into ex force ball at mid screen (in the corner you want to do F33B3 ex force ball). F33 leaves you at disadvantage on block. F33B3 is neutral on block but the push back is enough for the opponent to escape the frame trap at mid screen. Use F33B3 only if you plan on mixing up strings.