What's new

General/Other Q&A with Kung Lao

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
You want MK to be easier than it already is?

KL isnt even a problem lol, once you learn the matchup you'll love playing against him because everything he does is punishable, hard.

In this game knowledge is power, people complain because they dont want to learn.

i've seen you pay. you qualify as a tournament player and play offline. you can probably play the way i do offline, online. you're leagues above the masses who watch you guys play and i'm telling you, this type of kung lao shit is a huge turn off.

when mk9 came out i was psyched, my best friend too and he works at a call center. he got like 20 people to join in on the madness.

i'm the only one who is still putting up with this stuff. see what i'm saying?

He's very punishable but its not easy to do online unless your ermac or reptile, or other characters with fast specials. I do agree online players make up the majority of mk players but this game was designed with tournament players in mind. They got it right offline, now if they can't get an awesome netcode and keep the offline just as good, this game will be godlike. As for Kung Lao, it's just a matchup you'll have to learn. Find someone who mains him and just play a bunch of games with him, eventually you'll be a kung lao killer!

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Need Helter Skelter to upload our video from TAC, we explain how to kill KL everytime he throws a low hat at you point blank, its so simple but nobody seems to understand it when I write it out.

gdf

Noob
Do what you gotta do, but consider this. There is a patch coming, and NRS said they don't have plans on anymore DLC, other than taking a good vacation, what would they do?
I'm going to be the optimist here and say that they start working on netcode, and find ways to make online more compatible with players. (Plus Kung Lao's 2,4, low hat, and spin are going to be nerfed, which are pretty much the biggest problems online)

it's too bad there is no more dlc... i guess they sold poorly. it's a shame, it had so much potential. they could of released so much stuff for us like new levels, costumes, more stage fatalities and stuff.

totally off topic but i would love to see a survival tag team mode where you and a friend are teamed and have to beat character after character until you're both dead lol. that could be fun.

Theme

Noob
it's too bad there is no more dlc... i guess they sold poorly. it's a shame, it had so much potential. they could of released so much stuff for us like new levels, costumes, more stage fatalities and stuff.

totally off topic but i would love to see a survival tag team mode where you and a friend are teamed and have to beat character after character until you're both dead lol. that could be fun.
No, on the contrary. The DLC's sales were off the charts. NRS was very pleased. They arent doing any more patches because its time to start working on the new MK anyways and balancing.

How to avoid EX teleport?

It has armour so when I attack it I eat a 35% combo and if I defend it I'll get chipped with the dreadful 2 4 mix-ups. Is there any way to avoid both?

Ludogg

Noob
If they have not proven to me that they can land a full combo I will still make them eat the uppercut damage, other than that i just jump back.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Alot of people will try to attack on reaction to KL teleport, so when you do that to EX teleport you get punished, best bet is to just jump back, however it can be beaten out by a D4 when the armour has worn off (timing takes practice though)

For the 2,4 Low Hat strings, you can just block low. Most characters can just stand up after the low hat and begin a combo of their own, which will beat out another 2,4 Low Hat. The Overhead that comes from this string also knocks you down so you get a wakeup and some time/space, and kills of the momentum.

Juro

Noob
No, on the contrary. The DLC's sales were off the charts. NRS was very pleased. They arent doing any more patches because its time to start working on the new MK anyways and balancing.
I honestly would not count out possibilities of new costumes at the least, at least I hope.

Alot of people will try to attack on reaction to KL teleport, so when you do that to EX teleport you get punished, best bet is to just jump back, however it can be beaten out by a D4 when the armour has worn off (timing takes practice though)

For the 2,4 Low Hat strings, you can just block low. Most characters can just stand up after the low hat and begin a combo of their own, which will beat out another 2,4 Low Hat. The Overhead that comes from this string also knocks you down so you get a wakeup and some time/space, and kills of the momentum.
he can do a spin after the low hat, you have to poke him with down 1

LIMA BE4N

LIMA BE4N
Punishing Kung Lao's hat?

Is there anyway to punish kung lao's hat after a combo becuz i have played 2000 online matches and never been punished?
If you don't know what im on about take your time to watch this short clip of me online :)

Theme

Noob
Ultimate Hat troubles

How do you connect the Ultimate Hat into combos? Whenever I input the buttons, it comes out too slow... Is there an easier input or technique to add that into the combos?

Currently, I'm trying to add it into this wall combo:

112, Spin, NJP, JK into Dive kick, JK into Multi Kick.... The Ultimate Hat goes here next I believe, but I am having so much trouble connecting it. Any help?

In Chile's wall combo video, I see he does a 3 into the Ultimate hat, but that doesnt seem to work for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CUtW9J-XyXE

Theme

Noob
Nevermind, I got this wall combo down now..

What kind of combo do you guys use midscreen for Kung Lao? Most the combos I do aren't usually effective, managing around 29%-33% max.

112 spin, jump kick dive kick, roll spin. Thats about it. I want to use Ultimate Hat in the combo, does anyone know a good one? 35%+?

Zanxus

Off the top of my head the usual kung lao bnb for ultimate hat is 112 spin, NJP, Dive kick, forward dash, 2 xx Ultimate Hat, forward dash, 1, forward dash 241+3,2 that's about 38% i think with a JIP starter its 41% iirc