What's new

General/Other Q&A with Kung Lao

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
Was messing around with Kung Wow in training mode and I cant land the NJP after a spin in the combo: 1,1,2,spin, NJP. How do I do it ?

Inception

I love Kitana
Can anyone tell me his updated BNB ? Yes I saw 112, spin , dk, dash1, dash24, 1+3 it looks like it only does 26 damage. Does his jk dk combos still work seems like the roll does not connect.

mhtdtr

Ancestors, give me strength!
at evo, in this video:

minute 1:15 PL do the overhead but REO blocks in duck position, not standing. how is that posible?

LockM

Noob
at evo, in this video:

minute 1:15 PL do the overhead but REO blocks in duck position, not standing. how is that posible?
I think the technique is called fuzzy guard, he blocks high, but the animation takes too long to stand up so it doesn't show that. Although i believe fuzzy giard is slightly different in what most people now use it for, it started in Virtua Fighter?

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Whens the best time/situation to use 21 instead of 112? 112 instead of 21?

Marcus

What I do is I slide my finger as fast as I can repeatedly from to 2 to 1.

Best option is to buy a stick, with a stick what you need to do is just tap the buttons and there you go. 19% Damage from some button tapping.
Stick are also usefull if you need to do like Liu Kangs B312.

Marcus

I usually mash 2 lol. But Its just a pain having to rush them again after that full screen push.

It's hard to execute on PS3 pad. How do you guys do it?
this may sound really dumb. but buy a bag of lays potato chips, eat a few(cause you cant have just 1 lol). leave the grease on your thumb and slide your hand across the pad. success! it will help you do your specials too. trust me i do this all the time.

gdf

Noob
Two fingers. That's how I do it, and it works just fine. Cause if you are doing the entire 21212 string, you probably aren't thinking about blocking tbh.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
this may sound really dumb. but buy a bag of lays potato chips, eat a few(cause you cant have just 1 lol). leave the grease on your thumb and slide your hand across the pad. success! it will help you do your specials too. trust me i do this all the time.
Lol made me laugh, you can do 212121 by just sliding from 2 to 1 with your thumb rapidly on ps3 pad. This may be harder on a new DS3 but any controller you've had a while the buttons should be looser and you should be able to get it down easily.

Lol made me laugh, you can do 212121 by just sliding from 2 to 1 with your thumb rapidly on ps3 pad. This may be harder on a new DS3 but any controller you've had a while the buttons should be looser and you should be able to get it down easily.
i guess. my controller is one of the first ones ever made since it was in the box of one of the first ps3's ever made. i have have a hell of a time doing ex attacks with it. i was planning on buyoing a new one, hopefully the buttons arent too stiff. it will mess my game all up.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
i guess. my controller is one of the first ones ever made since it was in the box of one of the first ps3's ever made. i have have a hell of a time doing ex attacks with it. i was planning on buyoing a new one, hopefully the buttons arent too stiff. it will mess my game all up.
Lol same I usually play fighting games either on a year old ds3 or my trust old sixaxis which also came from a release 60gb. The analog sticks are fucked up and don't centre anymore but the buttons are loose as hell lol. The window for ex attacks is pretty big but I normally mash block especially if the ex attacks are in juggles just in case and it comes out everytime.

that does sound really dumb

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
interesting...nothing pisses me off more than getting oil or nasty food grease on my controllers. /ragequit

SideShowCurse

The Magician
Ok this is how i do it.... turn your T.V. up and listen for the sound of your opponents leg touching your side after 2 3 grab after that sound press 2 twice thats how i learned the timing...and i also have a unrealated question im kinda new and i was wondering how do i change my title like mine says "noob" how do i change that?

I only just started to use kung lao today and at first this move was hard to pull off. After i press 3+1 i do a back dash. The dash don't come out but it gives me the timing i need before i press BP
PS. after a while you can imagine the length of a back dash instead of actually inputting it

Eight

I am the salt
Eight's Fabulous Kung Lao Guide!

In flowchart form for your viewing pleasure~

Print it out and tape it to your tv for quick and easy reference :top:

Edit: Updated to reflect the deep complexity of playing Kung Lao

and yes, it took me over 1000 hours to cut that Lao out in Paint