What's new

Prototype Next-Generation PDP Fight Pads with a Mortal Kombat X Design!

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Now that the Playstation 4 and Xbox One consoles have been firmly established in the gaming market, it is only natural that expansions upon their luxuries would be a hot topic among gaming communities, including controllers. Well, for those of you who happen to like the traditional six-button fight pads, @CEO Jebailey has just disclosed an image, via Instagram, of a prototype of a PDP fight pad to be used for the next-gen consoles, seen at the Gamestop Expo convention that is currently ongoing in Anaheim, California. And as you'll see, it comes with a unique twist: its design is based off that of Mortal Kombat X! However, at this time it does not come with a D-pad and its approval is pending. Nevertheless, when I looked at the image myself I could not stop gawking at its cool design.

Here is the image posted by Mr. Jebailey. Whatever your thoughts are, do let us know in the comments below.

PDP Fight Pad MKX.jpg
Source: Alex Jebailey's Instagram Account

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
That reflection makes it look like Scorpion is taking a picture with his own cellphone. "Say cheese...or you will burn!"

I'd be interested in trying that out with an actual D-Pad. I've played on @Slips jitterbug controller before it wasn't too bad. That is madcatz though I think. My biggest worry would be strange inputs like jump attack cancels into interactables. Seems like it might be a pain on that setup.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Everyone, keep in mind that this is a prototype, which means that the design hasn't been finalized yet. I am sure they wouldn't leave out a D-pad which is a common staple for fighting game players who use pad, but then, I cannot speak on their behalf.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, the dpad for fight pads are good. They definitely need to have one with a dpad.