What's new

Proper Way to punish Mileena tele kicks as reptile

id probably say 6-4 mileena maybe even 5.5 for her

it's not 7-3 lol.

Yeah mileena can roll the forceballs (not ex), acid spits, and dash on block, but now reptiles are finding good ways to punish her, making the match seem not as difficult. no way does reptile lose this 3-7
7-3 is probably to far. Many months ago maybe. But it is obvious that at the get go she is more prepared for reptile than he is for her. Ppl are saying dash block, duck block the telekick, don't jump etc. Well that is accurate. But that is sound advice for most of the cast. Mileena has a moveset that has advantages over reptile. Like all the ones mentioned. Reptile doesn't have those. Save for punishing a move that most of the other cast can punish without meter. Again its not absurdly lopsided but it had to be in her favor.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

7-3 is probably to far. Many months ago maybe. But it is obvious that at the get go she is more prepared for reptile than he is for her. Ppl are saying dash block, duck block the telekick, don't jump etc. Well that is accurate. But that is sound advice for most of the cast. Mileena has a moveset that has advantages over reptile. Like all the ones mentioned. Reptile doesn't have those. Save for punishing a move that most of the other cast can punish without meter. Again its not absurdly lopsided but it had to be in her favor.

mhm completely agree with that statement

KRYS9984

Noob
Great Video Pig Of The Hut.

Last Thursday when you posted the "Universal punisher for Mileena's Telekick" thread, I had listed this as one of his punishers.

Even without meter, Reptile has a few options (for enhanced telekick) which grants him damage and a knock down.

This match-up does not favor Mileena 7 - 3 which is slightly exaggerated in my opinion.

I personally give it a solid 5 - 5 and can go either way.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Good stuff, in the early days of the game I used to pick scorpion for Mileena so I could do D1 spear to punish it.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

How much of Mileena's advantages actually overpower him enough to the point where it doesn't feel even at all?

Zoning? Mileena doesn't realistically stop Reptile from advancing at all. It's not dashblocking he uses to get in...Reptile can duck any standard projectile and dash immediately past it...and the entire sequence is very fast. Please throw a standard projectile at me...I will duckdash it so fast and be right there in your face. And he can pace her in projectiles, as well as check her anti-projectile options (Yes, he's using meter, but again, Reptile gains meter VERY easily). It's very even here.

Footsies? D4 is very identical on both parts, but unless you're standing, she has zero followups that leads to free extra chip damage. Reptile has a number of them. She can check d4 with her u4, and you can check her d4 with b4. However, you can also check her d3 as well with it unlike her, and 321 can be used to bypass a greedy Mileena hellbent on d3ing you. Also, Reptile has faster advancing normals than she does, and f2 leads to combos as well. And Reptile can very easily whiff punish Mileena d4. Mileena also has no answer to point-blank forceball (She literally has no powerful punish for it), so f2 xx forceball = godlike vs her. Her only advantage here is the faster d1 and d3, and the fact that u4 leads to damage. Reptile, though, is faster elsewhere, and in general powers his meter by playing footsies. Everywhere else really is even. They both have checks for each other.

Pressure? Mileena's weak point is straight up her lack of armor. d1 isn't cutting it anymore defensively...it's getting counterpoked reliably now. She can roll underneath some things, but not everything. d4 only gets you so far defensively, too. Reptile, on the other hand has dash, and EX slide defensively, as well as d4. Her faster d1 and d3 helps here, but she's gonna have situations where she wishes she had armor. It's even here, simply because Mileena can pressure Reptile and force him to be riskier, but Reptile can put her into scenarios where her lack of armor bites her in the ass.

If Mileena does have an advantage, it's only a 5.5-4.5 advantage, which is basically even, just slight edges. But personally, I don't see it anymore. When you really understand where Mileena falls apart and see what Reptile's options are overall, he doesn't really have it that horribly. Yes, telekick jail sucks, but the way you'll be playing the matchup, it really shouldn't even be that much of a factor because she won't be using it. She'll be too busy playing footsies to even care about it, really. Me and Death going back and forth says a lot. There is no advantage on either side. Just need to start grinding out the matchup.

KRYS9984

Noob
Good stuff, in the early days of the game I used to pick scorpion for Mileena so I could do D1 spear to punish it.
I tested almost every character in the game (to counter ex telekick) and Scorpion really has some of the better options.

He can connect a d1, teleport, spear, for an easy vortex set-up that can potentially take half of her life / force breakers.

If Scorpion is on point he can make Mileena play defence the entire match.

How much of Mileena's advantages actually overpower him enough to the point where it doesn't feel even at all?

Zoning? Mileena doesn't realistically stop Reptile from advancing at all. It's not dashblocking he uses to get in...Reptile can duck any standard projectile and dash immediately past it...and the entire sequence is very fast. Please throw a standard projectile at me...I will duckdash it so fast and be right there in your face. And he can pace her in projectiles, as well as check her anti-projectile options (Yes, he's using meter, but again, Reptile gains meter VERY easily). It's very even here.

Footsies? D4 is very identical on both parts, but unless you're standing, she has zero followups that leads to free extra chip damage. Reptile has a number of them. She can check d4 with her u4, and you can check her d4 with b4. However, you can also check her d3 as well with it unlike her, and 321 can be used to bypass a greedy Mileena hellbent on d3ing you. Also, Reptile has faster advancing normals than she does, and f2 leads to combos as well. And Reptile can very easily whiff punish Mileena d4. Mileena also has no answer to point-blank forceball (She literally has no powerful punish for it), so f2 xx forceball = godlike vs her. Her only advantage here is the faster d1 and d3, and the fact that u4 leads to damage. Reptile, though, is faster elsewhere, and in general powers his meter by playing footsies. Everywhere else really is even. They both have checks for each other.

Pressure? Mileena's weak point is straight up her lack of armor. d1 isn't cutting it anymore defensively...it's getting counterpoked reliably now. She can roll underneath some things, but not everything. d4 only gets you so far defensively, too. Reptile, on the other hand has dash, and EX slide defensively, as well as d4. Her faster d1 and d3 helps here, but she's gonna have situations where she wishes she had armor. It's even here, simply because Mileena can pressure Reptile and force him to be riskier, but Reptile can put her into scenarios where her lack of armor bites her in the ass.

If Mileena does have an advantage, it's only a 5.5-4.5 advantage, which is basically even, just slight edges. But personally, I don't see it anymore. When you really understand where Mileena falls apart and see what Reptile's options are overall, he doesn't really have it that horribly. Yes, telekick jail sucks, but the way you'll be playing the matchup, it really shouldn't even be that much of a factor because she won't be using it. She'll be too busy playing footsies to even care about it, really. Me and Death going back and forth says a lot. There is no advantage on either side. Just need to start grinding out the matchup.
Yeah...but what else?

Haha man I understand everything your saying and your right. I still feel its in her favor, as apparently you do. Not enough for a character switch but an advantage she still has...

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I don't get this comment. We had an entire thread on how to punish Mileena several different ways just the general consensus was its not worth the meter and its inconsistent which in most cases rings true.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
If one player can hit it 95% of time then everyone can

Btw isn't dssh his #1 meter building tool?

THTB

Yeah...but what else?

Haha man I understand everything your saying and your right. I still feel its in her favor, as apparently you do. Not enough for a character switch but an advantage she still has...

You musta misread what I was saying. If she has an advantage, it's really slight. I feel the matchup is very much even.

Pig Of The Hut No. Acid hand is probably the best meter building tool since it can be placed into very safe situations and builds meter faster.

You musta misread what I was saying. If she has an advantage, it's really slight. I feel the matchup is very much even.

Pig Of The Hut No. Acid hand is probably the best meter building tool since it can be placed into very safe situations and builds meter faster.
No I got you. We are saying the same thing. Slight advantage. Although you believe it may be even. To be fair you probably have more experience with the match up than me.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
If one player can hit it 95% of time then everyone can

Btw isn't dssh his #1 meter building tool?

It used to be, unfortunately after the last patch where they added the "pushback" animation, dash doesn't build as much meter as it originally did. It was a way of "balancing" the triple dash shenanigans. A fair nerf IMO.

THTB

It used to be, unfortunately after the last patch where they added the "pushback" animation, dash doesn't build as much meter as it originally did. It was a way of "balancing" the triple dash shenanigans. A fair nerf IMO.
Yeah, every landed elbow dash was basically 1/5 of a bar built pre-patch.

retic

Noob
I'm behind the news and I'll practice some more...but does Reptile have 0 meter punish options for blocked telekicks (with or without sais?).