What's new

General/Other - Hish-Qu-Ten Predator Hish-Qu-Ten Discussion Thread

jokey77

Character Loyalist
There is some technique @st9rm came up with while labbing Takeda. He shared it in our WhatsApp Group and Predator can actually make pretty good use of it against Jacqui and other chars with high projectiles:

You can hold down+forward to duck. By doing so, you can directly do the "d,b,3"-Input for shooting some plasma. It is not necessary to stand up before shooting. This makes zoning against Jacqui a lot easier!

Mr_Swizzer

OUTCAST
He has no mid options his armor is slow & the frame data didn't get updated so nobody knows whats what.

Making F12 or 122 a mid starting string would be a reasonable buff.

But from my point of view hish is a very undiscovered char still & is proving to be very good, Just needs more time to develop.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
He has no mid options his armor is slow & the frame data didn't get updated so nobody knows whats what.

But from my point of view hish is a very undiscovered char still & is proving to be very good, Just needs more time to develop.
What makes you feel HQT is undiscovered?

That would be broken and I main the character.

Explain how please.

I have to consider the characters tool set as a whole. For example kotal Kahn has the best mid in the game bc he is extremely one dimensional.

Predator is only out zoned by quan, has excellent presse and mix ups and good damage. He only loses when his back is against the wall and even is manageable now.

12 plasma cancel is like plus 8 on block. If u are in range of a f1 or stand 1 they are like blocking anyways.

Nrs took stand three away from him bc of the reasons i just stated. They are not going to give it back. Pred is just fine the way he is.

If he had a faster armor move he would be best in the game.

but I'll say this... If they do decide to leave kang, cage, Tanya, Lao et cetera untouched then go ahead and give it to pred lol

I would be surprised if they left the games pressure in at in kp2 with the overwhelming opinions of how over powers it t

jokey77

Character Loyalist
At this point HQT is a greatly balanced character. Just like Tanya he profits from the fact that people don't know how to deal with him properly. That comes from his complexity. Non-Predator-Players will hardly ever understand the timing of disc, the many wholes of his rushdown game, the weaknesses of his zoning, and so on.

I highly doubt that any of his cancels is more than +4 on block though (with standing 4 being the only possible exception). The lack of midhitting moves forces Predatorplayers to hitconfirm all the time and to mix lowplasma and plasma-cancels up. While he does have plenty of wholes in his rushdown, there are also plenty of ways to work around them, which then open up new wholes. This is how a character should be designed...

Defensivly I'd consider him one of the worst characters in the game. I cannot think of a character with an even slower armored move. Even Quan Chi has the benefit of having an "escaping hitbox" on his armored skydrop.

At this point HQT is a greatly balanced character. Just like Tanya he profits from the fact that people don't know how to deal with him properly. That comes from his complexity. Non-Predator-Players will hardly ever understand the timing of disc, the many wholes of his rushdown game, the weaknesses of his zoning, and so on.

I highly doubt that any of his cancels is more than +4 on block though (with standing 4 being the only possible exception). The lack of midhitting moves forces Predatorplayers to hitconfirm all the time and to mix lowplasma and plasma-cancels up. While he does have plenty of wholes in his rushdown, there are also plenty of ways to work around them, which then open up new wholes. This is how a character should be designed...

Defensivly I'd consider him one of the worst characters in the game. I cannot think of a character with an even slower armored move. Even Quan Chi has the benefit of having an "escaping hitbox" on his armored skydrop.
12 plasma cancel is plus 8. 32 can't is plus 8. Both on block

jokey77

Character Loyalist
12 plasma cancel is plus 8. 32 can't is plus 8. Both on block
Nah, this would guarantee a 311 before Kung Lao can spin. I have yet to see this. I doubt that it is even possible. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I have never seen anyone do 12-pcc, b311 with Kung Lao switched to "reversal/spin" in practice mode.

Nah, this would guarantee a 311 before Kung Lao can spin. I have yet to see this. I doubt that it is even possible. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I have never seen anyone do 12-pcc, b311 with Kung Lao switched to "reversal/spin" in practice mode.
It is my friend. i set cpu to block all and jump. I did 12 cancel and then f1 and it jailed off both. Easiest way to test.

I'll record myself doing it later and post.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
I am looking forward to it. I think 32 provides the most advantage out of all strings. If it can be done with 12, this would open up plenty of new options. Generally 122 is my favorite Predator-string. :)

kageman

Noob
There is some technique @st9rm came up with while labbing Takeda. He shared it in our WhatsApp Group and Predator can actually make pretty good use of it against Jacqui and other chars with high projectiles:

You can hold down+forward to duck. By doing so, you can directly do the "d,b,3"-Input for shooting some plasma. It is not necessary to stand up before shooting. This makes zoning against Jacqui a lot easier!
What is this group and how can one be a part of it? :)

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Actually it is our Austrian Community having a WhatsApp group. Unfortunatly we hardly talk about Mortal Kombat, but mostly about alcohol and partying. Every now and then I start to randomly Insult People. If you don't mind the german language, feel free to join us! :)

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
After playing Hish-Qu-Ten for the last few days, this kharacter is incredibly fun to play. He pretty much wins the zoning war against everyone (bar Quan) which is great. His plasma cancels are fun to do and to people not used to them or don't know how + they are, can really mess them up.
However, he has a few problems, mainly his armoured reversal and dealing with pressure. I haven't faced any Kobu Tanya's as of yet but am dreading that matchup. But at the moment I find Dragons Fire more of a problem than Tempest. I have no counter to his pressure. I can sometimes d3 into low plasma if my opponent messes up his cancels and then I can get my own pressure going.

All in all, I think I'll put more time into this kharacter and try to get better.
On a different note, does anyone use the cloak or ex cloak? If it worth using?

Nabeel Robinson

My time will come!
After playing Hish-Qu-Ten for the last few days, this kharacter is incredibly fun to play. He pretty much wins the zoning war against everyone (bar Quan) which is great. His plasma cancels are fun to do and to people not used to them or don't know how + they are, can really mess them up.
However, he has a few problems, mainly his armoured reversal and dealing with pressure. I haven't faced any Kobu Tanya's as of yet but am dreading that matchup. But at the moment I find Dragons Fire more of a problem than Tempest. I have no counter to his pressure. I can sometimes d3 into low plasma if my opponent messes up his cancels and then I can get my own pressure going.

All in all, I think I'll put more time into this kharacter and try to get better.
On a different note, does anyone use the cloak or ex cloak? If it worth using?
I use the cloak whenever I end a combo into a setup with disc or when I'm zoning from fullscreen, It's really good because if a opponent like Lao get's in the less chip is useful. Pressure characters like Lao, Jax, Liu, Tanya, Cage etc bully Predator up close, so playing these matchups more will give you a more experience in what to do in certain situations. Once the pressure characters get in it's really hard for Predator to get out.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
For those who don't know standing 4 Plasma Caster cancel jails into 122, F12 and D3.
With "jailing" you mean they can still duck the 122-string? Or does it jail so that 122 is guaranteed?

I came to the conclusion that 4~Plasmacancel sucks, because it offers no mix-up, no hitconfirmable damage and nothing but pokes were guaranteed. I'd love to be wrong on every single point that I have just mentioned...

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
With "jailing" you mean they can still duck the 122-string? Or does it jail so that 122 is guaranteed?

I came to the conclusion that 4~Plasmacancel sucks, because it offers no mix-up, no hitconfirmable damage and nothing but pokes were guaranteed. I'd love to be wrong on every single point that I have just mentioned...
Not hit confirmable damage? Good one

Though I do agree I wouldn't ever use 4 plasma cancel

Nabeel Robinson

My time will come!

They can't duck due to how plus standing 4 Plasma Caster cancel is I've tested this multiple times, all of them follow ups in the video are guaranteed. Using standing 4 is good when you're zoning from mid range and you throw the disc out, you can jump in standing 4 Plasma cancel into 12 low laser or 122 for the overhead for a 50/50, if they know it jails against them they won't push a button so at times you can go into a throw.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
@Nabeel Robinson: OK, this is interesting indeed. I'd love to look into this further, but since zaf (the moderator) deleted my new BnB and a few other constructive postings of mine, I have decided to never contribute to the Predator-Forums again. I might PN you though! :)

@Shaikhuzzaman : What would you hitconfirm 4-PCC into? On block it is easy, but in case you hit with the 4? I doubt that there is any follow-up, but lowplasma (mid)?!

IIRC even 4~straight Plasma (hold, then aim low) doesn't work.

Close to the corner it is a different story ofc.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
@Nabeel Robinson: OK, this is interesting indeed. I'd love to look into this further, but since zaf (the moderator) deleted my new BnB and a few other constructive postings of mine, I have decided to never contribute to the Predator-Forums again. I might PN you though! :)

@Shaikhuzzaman : What would you hitconfirm 4-PCC into? On block it is easy, but in case you hit with the 4? I doubt that there is any follow-up, but lowplasma (mid)?!

IIRC even 4~straight Plasma (hold, then aim low) doesn't work.

Close to the corner it is a different story ofc.
F12xxEXscimitar 38%