What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees [Pre-XL] My thoughts on the Jason Buffs & What He Really Needs

Status
Not open for further replies.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Jason's damage buff still lasts only 4 measly seconds in Unstoppable. Let me remind you that most of the time you can even attempt this move is when the opponent is knocked down full screen. That means you have 4 seconds to run up (with slow run speed) to an opponent, and open them up without a true 50/50 and hope you land the combo within 1 second so the damage buff doesn't fall off WHILE YOU ARE COMBO'ING your opponent.
4 real seconds or NRS seconds?

I don't even play Jason and before I saw FK Jr/REO play him I thought he was the most boring character in the game. After seeing them play with Relentless I started getting hype as fuck every time he was on screen, especially when it was in the 3rd round because Jason's damage was just so satisfying to watch. I think it's kinda bullshit that they took that away because like REO said, it fits Jason perfectly. I hope you guys get the buffs that you need!

E

Eldriken

I forgot who said this but I just confirmed it. Jason's B1 combo with choke now does 2% less damage.
That was me. I had read on GameFAQs that his choke does like 3% less damage. But that was probably raw, so with scaling, 2% less sounds right.

So basically when Relentless has between 50%-25% health left he does 1% more damage than he used to do with the b1,1,2 repeat, 1,1,1 choke. It will do a whopping 28%

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I agree w everything Reo said here. Great post w examples all while maintain ain't composure, something I can't do w my dissapointment w Kenshi changes

Especially when it comes to RC nerfs to top tier characters however that's a glitch and getting fixed

Rich keep getting richer
Is this a confirmation? Care to post a source?

E

Eldriken

So basically when Relentless has between 50%-25% health left he does 1% more damage than he used to do with the b1,1,2 repeat, 1,1,1 choke. It will do a whopping 28%
LOL Wow. See, I didn't even bother testing that. I just wanted to see what his damage was when he was at 5%.

Thanks for ruining the passive, NRS. :/

Tweedy

Noob
As a big fan of Scorpion I don't understand why some mid-low tier characters get so many buffs, and characters like Jason and Scorpion are just hung out to dry.

Obviously you can win with Jason and Scorpion, but besides maybe Goro and Takeda i'm not sure that any of the characters who got crazy buffs needed anything more than Jason or Scorp.

They appear to be biased for no reason.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
If Jason got those universal buffs and buffs to Unstoppable as you said, I'd definitely pick him back up.

Titans1373

Pew pew pew quitality
So very disappointed with Jason's "buff" and nerf. The guy had one good thing going for him and they took it away. Just blows my mind. Way to drop the ball.

JDM

Noob
Poor Jason. I think they intend him to be weak. I love Jason and he was probably my most hype character in this game, but he's really bad. That Damned nerf sealed the coffin. He sucks.

E

Eldriken

So very disappointed with Jason's "buff" and nerf. The guy had one good thing going for him and they took it away. Just blows my mind. Way to drop the ball.
Poor Jason. I think they intend him to be weak. I love Jason and he was probably my most hype character in this game, but he's really bad. That Damned nerf sealed the coffin. He sucks.
Well, at least his dbf2 command grab can no longer be low profiled. That doesn't completely make up for them botching Damned, but it sure as hell helps him now in a lot of matches where characters could d4 him all day.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
Meanwhile Takeda gets to be basically a new character with them 2000 buffs they gave him. We went from space control Takeda to block infinite Takeda - dafuq is this shit

Its too bad Jason didnt get some help. Hes my favorite horror icon of all time besides possibly Pinhead. He can be fun to play around with, but i feel like if I want to win against someone equally skilled I am better off using Dvorah, JC...or anyone else, really

Solignac

Noob
Just picked up Jason about a week ago. I agree with everything Reo says, the low profiling is really annoying, especially against something like Johnny Cage's d4. Coupled with the fact that he has short range unless he uses his extremely slow attacks (which can also be low profiled), he almost feels like Goro. Speaking of Goro, I'd like to see Jason get a little more range on his command throws. It feels like the rest of the cast has solid range on their command throws whilst Jason is lacking unless he uses armored tight squeeze.

Coming from Quan Chi, I definitely think he needs setups like Sorcerer Quan does with the runes. He should have a string that if done while juggling is a hard enough knockdown to safely activate armor, healing, etc without having to send the opponent fullscreen (like with 23); rather than cutting combos short.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.