What's new

Pre Patch BA and Supes vs. Post Patch Aqua and MMH

Who's Better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This statement exactly.
I don't think some of the rest of the cast's struggle, currently, against MMH and Aqua can compare to the handicap Adam and Supes put on the ENTIRE cast, pre-Oct. patch.

Do you think pre-patch Adam gives a shit about Aqua's footsies or Orbs or OH Teleport? His forward dash could probably catch MMH to grab if he back dashed after a Tele.
Do you think pre-patch Supes gives a shit? Pre-patch F23 seems like it could be the only full-combo punish for OH Teleport. Haha
There was nothing broken about pre-patch Adam's forward dash.

D

Deleted member 28105

All four charachters are, and were easy peasy. You guys just need to level up.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
There needs to be another thread like this except

Who was better?

Prepatches Bane
or
Prepatches Lobo

Bane was better.

On topic though Superman. You started out in range of F23 putting you at immediate disadvantage no matter the gameplan on defense straight out the gate.
Are you high?

Pre-patch Bane was fresh baked ass on a plate terrible.
There wasn't a character who didn't beat him by at least 7-3.

Are you high?

Pre-patch Bane was fresh baked ass on a plate terrible.
There wasn't a character who didn't beat him by at least 7-3.
Lobo was complete ass too, no wake ups, no reversal, no viable way to open up the opponent, one nuclear shot, shotgun having no range, and lost pretty much every match up too.

Bane is garbage too tho.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Lobo was complete ass too, no wake ups, no reversal, no viable way to open up the opponent, one nuclear shot, shotgun having no range, and lost pretty much every match up too.

Bane is garbage too tho.
Vanilla Bane literally had nothing below a 3-7 loss. Most of his MUs were 0-10 against him.

Eminent

Forum Lurker
Any of you guys saying MM or AM are worse than prepatch Supes or Adam seriously have short memories.

Kabal wishes he was as broken as prepatch Supes.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Any character experts willing to run unpatched and test them on each other? Hell is
Do you know how bad a 10-0 really is? Stop exaggerating pls.
10-0 is a 1v1 Iron Fist vs Magneto match in UMVC3. Or Haggar vs Magneto. Take your pick they all end in repulsors and magnetic push.

Would you call pre patch Green Arrow vs Superman a 10-0 in favor of supers? Its up there, but I'm not certain if it gets a 10 out of 10 for "dont fucking play this matchup."

Reactions: JDM

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
You didn't play vanilla bane vs Batman. Or vanilla bane vs DS. Or vanilla bane vs Cyborg.

Yes, I know FULL WELL how bad a 0-10 mu is.
No, apparently you don't get it, the closest to an 0-10 matchup was no question Ares/Superman pre patch. That match I could not do anything other than getting block infinited...and pre patch lasers, good god.

Get the fuck out of here.

Reactions: JDM

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Pre patch black Adam made me quit playing for four months.
a fucking projectile that u have to block low that u can't jump over lol wtf?
don't even get me started on that backdash.

Last edited:

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Aquaman is actually very lucky to get off the patches so lightly thinking about it and really is the only character that has been top 5 since release and hasn't moved through the entire games lifespan so far unlike other characters who went from Top 10 to bottom 5...

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
No, apparently you don't get it, the closest to an 0-10 matchup was no question Ares/Superman pre patch. That match I could not do anything other than getting block infinited...and pre patch lasers, good god.

Know what that sounds like to me? Bane vs Vanilla Batman. Bane couldn't dash in between anyone's projectiles, batarangs trapped him from anywhere on the screen because he couldn't jump them, charge could be parried, batman could backdash everything, his trait shit on ours, if the batman had it in his head to bother to zone you, you lost the round, no question. Batman could literally make it so you never even had a chance of doing even a single point of damage to him, and it was just as easy as f.23 breath because it was rang and parry. That's it.

We both had shit, I just got lucky and NRS welfare buffed mine to godhood, but don't think we didn't suffer. At least you only had 1, vanilla bane had to contend with cyborg and DS in their pre-nerf forms. Like holy shit, bataranags are one thing, but you literally couldn't move against a DS because quick shot to quick shot wasn't escapable for us.

You think I made that tech because I wanted to? I made it because we needed SOMETHING in a game that gave us nothing.

Last edited:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
You didn't play vanilla bane vs Batman. Or vanilla bane vs DS. Or vanilla bane vs Cyborg.

Yes, I know FULL WELL how bad a 0-10 mu is.

And here we go, a contest "who has it worst", just another day on TYM ;)

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
This is pointless. We will never know because of the endless crying and begging for nerfs and buffs that eventually took place. Sure there were and still are things to fix. Some things were also ruined by patches, like the wake up system IMO. What good is it argue over this right now? Nothing will be done to this game anymore. I hope I am wrong though.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I'll only say it'd be interesting if they made an "edition select" option like for USF4, that way you could actually test the matchups out.