What's new

Match-up Discussion Pre-Evo 2014 Aquaman MU Chart

I'm gonna try to get with Theo this weekend and discuss our mu exp. expect a big update on the mu's soon.

There are 3 things i can say though..

1. No way in hell does Nightwing beat Aquaman.

2. Comparing DJT and Orochi's GL vs mine/Theo's Aquaman isnt a fair assessment. DJT had lees of an idea at how to fight Aquaman when he played Theo then Orochi did when he played me. However, Orochi didnt have as much exp in the GL vs Aqua mu as I did the first time we played in tourney. The second time we played in tourney he beat me 3-0 so he obviously had a better idea on the mu. The third time we played I barely won 3-2 in a set that literally could have gone either way. I'm sure Orochi has an even better idea on how to fight the mu now as does DJT. I'll call the mu a 5-5 for now but this could change going forward.

3. I'm thinking Aquaman's hardest mu is Lex Luthor, need more time though in the mu at the highest level.

Last edited:

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I'm gonna try to get with Theo this weekend and discuss our mu exp. expect a big update on the mu's soon.
Looking forward to what you have to say on this. I've come to the conclusion, today, that I need a counter pick for Aquaman because my Batman just is not cutting it against any good Aquaman players anymore.

I'm thinking either Black Adam or Bane....two characters that I'm already familiar with.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"

There are 3 things i can say though..

1. No way in hell does Nightwing beat Aquaman.

2. Comparing DJT and Orochi's GL vs mine/Theo's Aquaman isnt a fair assessment. DJT had lees of an idea at how to fight Aquaman when he played Theo then Orochi did when he played me. However, Orochi didnt have as much exp in the GL vs Aqua mu as I did the first time we played in tourney. The second time we played in tourney he beat me 3-0 so he obviously had a better idea on the mu. The third time we played I barely won 3-2 in a set that literally could have gone either way. I'm sure Orochi has an even better idea on how to fight the mu now as does DJT. I'll call the mu a 5-5 for now but this could change going forward.

3. I'm thinking Aquaman's hardest mu is Lex Luthor, need more time though in the mu at the highest level.
Murk will not be happy with this

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
wow batman loses 7-3? really hard to imagine a character as versatile as batman could lose a matchup 7-3. What's the main problem?
It really is odd that a character with such a stable MU chart would lose that bad, but FTD gives Batman serious trouble to start. Trident rush is great for stealing any and all chip Batman would have done to you with MB batarang pressure. If you're an Aquaman that is well-trained in blocking Batman, that adds insult to injury. Batman has to respect Aquaman's scoop - into ambiguous J3 on wakeup. Aquaman's D2 negates Batman's jumpins.

I feel this matchup could stabilize into a 4-6 if Batman's start abusing MBB3s to bait throw techs. I feel when Batman's do something like B11-trait, they should freeze for a second then MBB3 for example. Most poeple would assume Batman will throw them.

EMPEROR_THEO

@EMPEROR PRYCE
Doesn't Nightwing beat Aquaman 6-4?
What can Aquaman even do in that matchup
I admit, this is one of those MUs where I haven't really lost to a Nightwing in a set, so I can't say for sure Aquaman loses.

I have yet to play Murk though, who I hear is very, very good. Nightwings which I play this with are Sajam, Iced Moon, and Chimbimba. They could probably give a fair assesment on why they feel Aquaman wins (I think its 5-5). But I don't understand what Nightwing has that would make Aquaman straight up lose the MU.

EMPEROR_THEO

@EMPEROR PRYCE @EMPEROR_THEO
From what I heard NW can outzone AM.He has windings or ground pound for FTD
The groundpound vs FTD is an extremely read based zoning war.

One example is...
If Aquaman does FTD, and he reads Nightwing will reversal ground pound, Aquaman can mash bachdash to avoid it. Even if Nightwing does MB ground pound, he blocks the second hit.

If Nightwing suspects that Aquaman will backdash after FTD, he will wait a second then do groundpound. If the Aquaman player reads that the Nightwing is waiting, he will follow up with another FTD after his blocked one.

Another example is...
If Nightwing does ground pound into another ground pound, Aquaman can forward dash after he blocks the first one, and then he'll punish the next one.

The basic chip between the two is pretty even. 2% vs. a 1.something percent Nightwing has, including MB ground pounds.

Wingdings can be avoided and punished with FTD as well. Though they do a lot of chip, its something which Nightwing has to be in escrima to do, which I feel Aquaman has the advantage in anyway.

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
7 - 3 vs. Batman
5 - 5 vs. Deathstroke
5 - 5 vs. Green Lantern
5 - 5 vs. Lex Luthor
6 - 4 vs. Shazam
These seem iffy to me.