What's new

Match-up Discussion Post-patch Match up List and Discussion

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
i mistakenly tried to mb b3 but i can never mb f3 while blocking i always get pushblock or turbine
The issue with MB B3 is he can hit you out of it pretty quick. The MB F3 will dodge his lows and hits faster. And I know about your woes with f3 and getting turbine. Cruel temptress.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
The issue with MB B3 is he can hit you out of it pretty quick. The MB F3 will dodge his lows and hits faster. And I know about your woes with f3 and getting turbine. Cruel temptress.
yeah i never purposely mb b3 during pressure just pushblock, but against Flash he can just charge right back in or j2 or f2? idk god i hate that matchup now
only way to do even remotely well is to trait minigun mb and well placed rockets

DHERO

Noob
Hello GL players, the last version of Injustice I’ve played was the one that came with release of the game (it was my friend’s game and he didn’t have internet connected to his 360). My friend and I were playing/following the game during the beginning, but stopped because we couldn’t patch it.

The only things I knew about GL (at that time) was:
-223 LM MB B3 J3 223 LM was my BNB (throw in an OR MB if I wanted to spend the extra bar)
-B13 to OTG, as well as a low starter/mix up tool
-Trait cancel to MG MB to make things safer
-Zone with (Air) OR
-J3 is awesome

Now I got Ultimate Edition. I have the latest patch, read the patch notes, and understand the universal changes. And with time, this game has obviously evolved. I’m not sure what’s outdated or still usable. I didn’t dig through every page here, but I did see some cool stuff, which I’ll address with my questions.
-What are his best buttons/pressure strings and what makes those so good?
-Any use for Rocket Power?
-Set ups:
  • After ending in LM, I can do a delayed B13.
  • After a LM MB, I know I can dash under F3/B3, JI3 non/cross-up.
    • What other options are there after a LM?
    • What about LM MB?
  • Turbine set ups. After what moves do I do the Turbine? Is the JI3 the only thing I can do after the Turbine?
  • Is there anything I can follow up a F3, F3 (forcing the knockdown) type of combo?

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
Hello GL players, the last version of Injustice I’ve played was the one that came with release of the game (it was my friend’s game and he didn’t have internet connected to his 360). My friend and I were playing/following the game during the beginning, but stopped because we couldn’t patch it.

The only things I knew about GL (at that time) was:
-223 LM MB B3 J3 223 LM was my BNB (throw in an OR MB if I wanted to spend the extra bar)
-B13 to OTG, as well as a low starter/mix up tool
-Trait cancel to MG MB to make things safer
-Zone with (Air) OR
-J3 is awesome

Now I got Ultimate Edition. I have the latest patch, read the patch notes, and understand the universal changes. And with time, this game has obviously evolved. I’m not sure what’s outdated or still usable. I didn’t dig through every page here, but I did see some cool stuff, which I’ll address with my questions.
-What are his best buttons/pressure strings and what makes those so good?
-Any use for Rocket Power?
-Set ups:
  • After ending in LM, I can do a delayed B13.
  • After a LM MB, I know I can dash under F3/B3, JI3 non/cross-up.
    • What other options are there after a LM?
    • What about LM MB?
  • Turbine set ups. After what moves do I do the Turbine? Is the JI3 the only thing I can do after the Turbine?
  • Is there anything I can follow up a F3, F3 (forcing the knockdown) type of combo?
Thats alot of info for one post. Some basics I like to use:
B13 and 223MG are still prolly the best pressure strings. Ive also been throwing in F2D13 to keep opponents honest.
One of the biggest things we found is the traited LM vortex.
I personally dont use LM MB for restes because they are too undependable and I think they are too easy to react to.
Turbine setups are very good. I like using B13 TS. If they tech roll, they appear right next to you in F3 range. If not, you can either B13, JI3, or bait a wakeup.
F3, F3 is best followed by a turbine which can put you in range of another F3. It can also cross up dependent on when you hit the second F3.
Any other questions, feel free to post here or message me.

Fred Marvel

so uhh....does anyone know what to do in the wonder woman matchup? i have the zoning part down but WHEN she gets in its pretty much death....so yeah any tips?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
so uhh....does anyone know what to do in the wonder woman matchup? i have the zoning part down but WHEN she gets in its pretty much death....so yeah any tips?
b1 is +4, b11 is +3, and 33 is +3. Unless she's doing d1/d12, she's going to always have to worry about GL's d2 during her pressure, since even on trade it leads to combos. I think GL might be one of the few characters that can duck the lasso grab in b2 xx lasso grab then punish it with lift. I haven't practiced it, but if it's possible, then that makes that option unsafe for her, since you should always crouch right after b2 anyway. d1 is also -1, so is d12 (at least from the frame data listing), so trade d2 is also possible here in between if she doesn't YOLO tiara there. And at any point she tries to b2 or 33 at + frames, we should be able to b1 her cleanly.

Pretty much it all comes down to "When should I press buttons?".

Fred Marvel

b1 is +4, b11 is +3, and 33 is +3. Unless she's doing d1/d12, she's going to always have to worry about GL's d2 during her pressure, since even on trade it leads to combos. I think GL might be one of the few characters that can duck the lasso grab in b2 xx lasso grab then punish it with lift. I haven't practiced it, but if it's possible, then that makes that option unsafe for her, since you should always crouch right after b2 anyway. d1 is also -1, so is d12 (at least from the frame data listing), so trade d2 is also possible here in between if she doesn't YOLO tiara there. And at any point she tries to b2 or 33 at + frames, we should be able to b1 her cleanly.

Pretty much it all comes down to "When should I press buttons?".
i dont follow you just listed a bunch of plus strings then said she has to worry about GL's 8 frame uppercut?
also i tested it and he can duck under the lasso grab and punish with lift but theres a really limited timing to it if you hold down for half a second too long she can block it so you have to kinda guess or know she is going to lasso after it and it might not be worth eating 40% or her getting a setup after a smaller punish
oh and the beauty of tiara is even if it whiffs she can mb and punish you for pressing buttons lol
also her d1 beats Gs d1, that mixed with her always being plus makes trying to d1 out of pressure get you punished for 35 or so % damage

THTB

i dont follow you just listed a bunch of plus strings then said she has to worry about GL's 8 frame uppercut?
also i tested it and he can duck under the lasso grab and punish with lift but theres a really limited timing to it if you hold down for half a second too long she can block it so you have to kinda guess or know she is going to lasso after it and it might not be worth eating 40% or her getting a setup after a smaller punish
oh and the beauty of tiara is even if it whiffs she can mb and punish you for pressing buttons lol
also her d1 beats Gs d1, that mixed with her always being plus makes trying to d1 out of pressure get you punished for 35 or so % damage
GL's d2 is 7 frames, not 8. B1 is 11f and as a result the only normal not d1 that will trade with d2 at +4. And lasso is slow enough to see and react to. And the tiara is something I mentioned.

Fred Marvel

GL's d2 is 7 frames, not 8. B1 is 11f and as a result the only normal not d1 that will trade with d2 at +4. And lasso is slow enough to see and react to. And the tiara is something I mentioned.
im just going off of the frame data in game it says 8
so youre saying d2 in pressure because it will trade with her b1 or 3...ill try it

THTB

im just going off of the frame data in game it says 8
so youre saying d2 in pressure because it will trade with her b1 or 3...ill try it
Yeah d2, d1 and 1 are capable of trading with Sinestro arachnid if you try to interrupt b13 xx arachnid. The gap is 7 frames, since 6 frame moves beat it clean.

It's risky but d2ing is GL's best interrupt for WoWo's pressure.

Fred Marvel

Yeah d2, d1 and 1 are capable of trading with Sinestro arachnid if you try to interrupt b13 xx arachnid. The gap is 7 frames, since 6 frame moves beat it clean.

It's risky but d2ing is GL's best interrupt for WoWo's pressure.
i gotta find a way to consistently d2 then i dont use it because i get rocket power if im holding down back

Mr FiF

Youtube.com/IIMR5
Any tips is the Catwoman Matchup. I have been running into alot of them lately and i feel like lantern loses that. Any Tips for that?