What's new

Match-up Discussion Post-patch Match up List and Discussion

This list is post-patch. A lot of the previous match ups, if not all, need to be looked at again. As before this list will change as the game develops and more strategies are discovered.

Please discuss and list what you believe the match ups to be. Keep in mind this list will not have match up numbers in it. Situations change from moment to moment during a match and a lot of match ups can slightly or dramatically change during the match. And due to previous observations people can get hung up on the numbers and debate whether something is even or not without progress.

I will list the characters in the section they best fit in and list beside them whether or not it could change during a match.

Big Advantage-

Slight Advantage-
-Catwoman
-Grundy
-Joker
-Lex Luthor
-Nightwing
-Scorpion
-Shazam

Relatively Even-
-Aquaman
-Ares
-Batgirl
-Batman
-Black Adam
-Deathstroke
-Doomsday
-Flash
-Green Arrow
-Green Lantern
-Harley Quinn
-Hawkgirl
-Killer Frost
-Lobo
-Superman
-Wonder Woman

Slight Disadvantage-
-Bane
-Cyborg
-Martian Man Hunter
-Raven
-Sinestro

Big Disadvantage
-General Zod
-Zatanna

KT Smith
Blind_Man
AK Pig Of The Hut
McPeak
CptXecution
Orochi

Last edited:

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I think it's too early to be throwing numbers around.

That being said, he seems at disadvantage against dedicated full screen zoners and advantage against everyone else

I think it's too early to be throwing numbers around.

That being said, he seems at disadvantage against dedicated full screen zoners and advantage against everyone else
I agree. I just figured if we had some discussion it would be easier come time to put the numbers in.

rzn

Noob
GL vs Aquaman seems to be in GL's favor to me. Aquaman's long range zoning attempts totally lose to air OAR, so he has to get in and GL has tons of stuff to throw at him to prevent that. And even if Aquaman does get in, using pushblock to reset the distance proved to be extremely helpful. But I wouldn't dare to throw any numbers yet.

GL vs Aquaman seems to be in GL's favor to me. Aquaman's long range zoning attempts totally lose to air OAR, so he has to get in and GL has tons of stuff to throw at him to prevent that. And even if Aquaman does get in, using pushblock to reset the distance proved to be extremely helpful. But I wouldn't dare to throw any numbers yet.
Sounds good. We'll see how it plays out

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yo it's too early for a matchup number chart. We need to hold off on that till later; the game is like 20% explored.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
superman is FRAY. It's easily in GL's favor. Most fraudulent zoning in the game.

Batman on the other hand is a fucking terrible match up. On the whole, batman seems broken as fuck. Or rather, his trait is. Everyone agreed that the robo-bats were broken in the demo and they still exist in the exact same form.

superman is FRAY. It's easily in GL's favor. Most fraudulent zoning in the game.

Batman on the other hand is a fucking terrible match up. On the whole, batman seems broken as fuck. Or rather, his trait is. Everyone agreed that the robo-bats were broken in the demo and they still exist in the exact same form.
Yea there's the zoning. But up close he has no string gaps, most of his strings advance, armor breaks with his trait, an air dash, and 50/50s from mid hitting strings. Superman is no joke man.

I am not a GL player, I actually play Bane but there is one rather weird thing i noticed about the match up that might help your chart.

Bane gets armor and projectile immunity on charge at 3 venom stacks. This basically shuts down most of your options to stop Bane from getting in, right?

All but one actually. The bullets from the Gatling gun DO NOT count as projectiles in this case even tho i thought they would. I will do more testing on this but that's my finding so far.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Yea there's the zoning. But up close he has no string gaps, most of his strings advance, armor breaks with his trait, an air dash, and 50/50s from mid hitting strings. Superman is no joke man.

supes has to resort to rushing down and traversing GL's death zone since his zoning is easily punished, and up close they can go toe-to-toe.

Gonna see a lot of f23 breath loops and that is honestly the hardest thing to deal with. backdashing is a bad idea so I would just armored launch. According to the raw data you can probably d1 but without testing I won't commit to saying you can.

Most characters have 50/50's built into their strings and his are really easy to block; just low block for the scoop and react to a string that ends in an overhead. I had much more trouble blocking aquaman's overhead/low game than supes.

air dash is a non issue since anything off the ground gets immediately lifted

rzn

Noob
I've played a set of 40 games vs superman right now and here's what can I add:
His zoning doesn't feel fraudulent and easy as KT Smith has said.
It seems to me that GL loses at close and at far range, like, totally. Air lasers outrange GL's projectiles and you have to either risk or take damage to get in.
Up close Superman's strings felt too strong. It was hard getting my normals inbetween his pressing. Pushblock doesn't save you 100% because his main strings move him forward. And he can punish a blocked Lift from that distance. Backdashing doesn't help at all, it's too slow.
At mid range, right out of range of his strings is where GL dominates. Everything gets owned by lift/b13/f2d1. Air lasers can be easily dashed under. But holding my ground at that distance was, like, hellishly hard. One hit with the ex laser and I'm at fullscreen again, one missed punish opportunity/block and that guy is already staring right into my face. You have to, like, dance on the blade's edge maintaining the correct distance.
This matchup felt pretty hard to me, bashing the same guy's Aquaman was far easier and he had practiced Aqua for longer time. But it definitely can get easier as soon as more knowledge about Superman is acquired (need to hit up the Training mode!).

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
You can jump forward over all of superman's lasers on reaction, the start up is hella telegraphed.

Don't air turbine because straight laser will hit you.

Air laser is almost a suicide button from any closer than 100% full screen. Jump forward over air laser and you have plenty of time to punish with lift before he touches the ground. Probably have time to walk forward into range if you're still out of it, too.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
You can jump forward over all of superman's lasers on reaction, the start up is hella telegraphed.

Don't air turbine because straight laser will hit you.

Air laser is almost a suicide button from any closer than 100% full screen. Jump forward over air laser and you have plenty of time to punish with lift before he touches the ground. Probably have time to walk forward into range if you're still out of it, too.
And here I've been getting air lasered to death with Killer Frost... I feel disgusted lol :(

rzn

Noob
I had troubles because my opponent was almost exclusively doing MB air lasers (and sometimes mixing it up). It seems you can't just jump over them because you get hit with the second blast. And it felt like he has lots of time to decide whether to press MB or not.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I had Superman in practice briefly and I don't believe you can MB has lasers unless they make contact.

If you're landing on the air laser, you jumped too early. once the sweep of the laser reaches the end, the hit box is gone even though the laser is still on screen. Best bet is to record him doing it practice and get the timing for jumping over it.