What's new

Possible reasons for the lack of proper character reveals?

I think it'd be great if they didn't reveal anything and just launched the game. Everything would be a mind bending surprise(like and unlockable arcade perfect UMK3 with tremendous netcode or Shaolin Monks HD or both).

Ideally, I'd rather they laid out immediately everyone who is and isn't going to be in the game. I hated the fact that Jigglypuff wasn't confirmed for SSB4 right up until release day.

I'd rather know what to expect months in advance.

NRS has a great marketing hype tool in their sleeve, and this is the resurrection of dead heroes.
The very first moment they announce a fallen character of Sindel's massacre ( most likely Kitana) The whole internet is going to set on fire.
Just magine the armies of character supporters whining and speculating after confirmations of fallen heroes.. I wonder how and especially WHEN are they going to use this card.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
If someone with inside info and proof posted the confirmed roster tomorrow in a thread would you all look at it straight away or try and resist until the trailers/game came out?

This is a question I just asked myself and I honestly don't know what I'd do
I'd look a it. Chances are that a good portion of the characters are going to be new, so whether or not my "favorites" make it in isn't really a problem. At the same time, I want to see who came back even if I don't care for them.