What's new

General/Other - Kenshi **Possessed & Kenjutsu Guides in OP** Pig's Home for all Kenshi

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
@MK Peanuts
-d4 rk cannot be punished by anyone but ex spin from Lao and is a great counter poke after blocking others d1/d3/d4 that sets up frame trap launcher
Have you tested it against Raiden's 5f mid and Reptile's ex slide?

Overall i also believe that balanced might be his best var as wel, at least atm. Kenjutsu mixups are sick though.

Last edited:

Yoaks

A spaceman
Can we quickly consolidate the important stuff in this thread? Like, just optimized punishment and 50/50 combos? I'd have no problem doing this myself two years ago but right now I workworkworkworkworkityworkworkwork as a cook and when I'm in the lab, I need to have shit neatly laid out for me to practice. I just don't have endless hours to figure all my shit out and I don't wanna go through thirty pages here to figure it out either for basically the same reason.

I might be annoying some people here, but the organization of information in this forum is lacking compared to others.
I've started a list of what normals/specials Kenshi can use to punish specials on block for each character in each variation. It'll be awhile before I'll make the thread but after I get off work tonight I'm gonna make some ground.

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
I think Kenjutsu is worst
Really? That's interesting. I was thinking with his ji2 d1 vortex it could be his best, but at the cost of bars i'm not so sure. What makes you think this is his worst? It has a solid overhead combo starter and can do some pretty decent meterless damage with B2~DB1, D1, B32~BF3

Possessed seems fairly balanced (irony) in my opinion. It allows for full screen mindgames with his DB4, BF3, and Teleport~overhead and D4~DF4 is excellent for spacing.

Balanced is the one I haven't really messed with, but with how defensively kenshi plays I'm beginning to think this might be the way to go. Decent meterless combos, projectile reflect and Noob Saibot-esque corner game seem very powerful. Once i get home tonight I may have to go into the balanced lab.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I think Kenjutsu is gimmicky and the vortex is kinda meaningless. 50/50s are cool and all but this one burns hella meter for unspectacular damage.

Balanced definitely feels like it's the best overall. If you're making good reads it's really hard for your opponent to move and you've got all that unbreakable goodness.

Possessed has it's strong points. Probably more MU specific than anything else. The teleport is nice too.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I think Kenjutsu is gimmicky and the vortex is kinda meaningless. 50/50s are cool and all but this one burns hella meter for unspectacular damage.

Balanced definitely feels like it's the best overall. If you're making good reads it's really hard for your opponent to move and you've got all that unbreakable goodness.

Possessed has it's strong points. Probably more MU specific than anything else. The teleport is nice too.
I agree

Balanced has great frame traps and dmg w little resources
Also has the best spacing

Pig Of The Hut

Bf3 is 3/4 screen punishable
And full screen by half the cast

Too dependent on meter for any significant dmg

Reset vortex is 3 bars to make worthwhile

While this stance has 50/50s they're slow, very punishable, require two bars to lead to dmg

While it's nice to have f2 as an OH I miss the other f2 long reaching normal to setup offense in possessed and balanced. B2 is a freaking joke where as b2 in balanced and possessed are 0 ok block, a mid which leads to great frame traps and mind games like mk9's b2

Rk IMO in Kenjutsu is the weakest and most punishable w ease

Ex rk doesn't lead to anything,
Pretty worthless

Sc is probably best in this variation from a X Axis stand point and frame standpoint

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
This type of thinking has to be gone

Can't compare Mileena MKx to mk2
Jax mk3 to mkda

Completely different game
I know i can't compare these two games, but, his specials (in balanced) are basically the same as in MK9, and he still has the same combos too(well, a few of them).... so, my question was, can i play the same "way", or because of the run mechanic, i have to "get in" now ?! that was my question, if that makes any sense..... lol

Pig Of The Hut

I know i can't compare these two games, but, his specials (in balanced) are basically the same as in MK9, and he still has the same combos too(well, a few of them).... so, my question was, can i play the same "way", or because of the run mechanic, i have to "get in" now ?! that was my question, if that makes any sense..... lol
Hmm I feel like the Kenshi play style in mk9 was far better at zoning full screen and up close. This Kenshi is more mid screen and frame trap oriented as well as block/chip pressure

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
With any luck Kenshi will never be about "getting in". Balanced does need run for a lot (almost every) mid screen combo though. It's "the most" like MK9 in that it won't feel foreign to you but he's not as good up close and just generally isn't as safe. You've still got lots of armor but the big selling points here are the armor on EX specials, the solid meterless and unbreakable damage and I'm pretty sure his corner game will be doom once everyone gets the spacing down.

I think MKX Kenshi actually plays more like SCV Nightmare than he does MK9 Kenshi if that reference helps.

Hmm I feel like the Kenshi play style in mk9 was far better at zoning full screen and up close. This Kenshi is more mid screen and frame trap oriented as well as block/chip pressure
...frame traps? We got frame traps? Gimme gimme gimme. I'll take a frame trap over a 50/50 any day.

I threw way too much time down the Raiden hole for no reason and now I'm way behind here.

Diego de Souza Costa

there... that was my question, thanks for answering(even with my broken english... :p).... i felt that i was getting away with a lot of stuff(probably because of the new players) i was playing him the same way i did in MK9, but again, i was playing obviously new players(probably playing their first MK game ever) and it was really easy to push people away from me, so i came here to ask to the "high level" guys, if i was playing him "correctly", or if i should change my "MK9 Kenshi style" !! but thanks again !!

Diego de Souza Costa

With any luck Kenshi will never be about "getting in". Balanced does need run for a lot (almost every) mid screen combo though. It's "the most" like MK9 in that it won't feel foreign to you but he's not as good up close and just generally isn't as safe. You've still got lots of armor but the big selling points here are the armor on EX specials, the solid meterless and unbreakable damage and I'm pretty sure his corner game will be doom once everyone gets the spacing down.

I think MKX Kenshi actually plays more like SCV Nightmare than he does MK9 Kenshi if that reference helps.

...frame traps? We got frame traps? Gimme gimme gimme. I'll take a frame trap over a 50/50 any day.

I threw way too much time down the Raiden hole for no reason and now I'm way behind here.
those run combos though.... i don't have a single run combo yet... they are a really tricky.... well, that's probably because i'm killing most of my opponents at full screen range, with "Tele Flurry" and "Telekinetic Slash"... lol

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
those run combos though.... i don't have a single run combo yet... they are a really tricky.... well, that's probably because i'm killing most of my opponents at full screen range, with "Tele Flurry" and "Telekinetic Slash"... lol
They're simpler than a lot of people make them. Say:

B32xxRK run F32xxSC

Basically by second you see the RK make contact, ff+block should be inputted like you're canceling a special. The F32 string is great as an ender in a run combo because it advances pretty far so you get a little more input slack and don't burn as much stamina.

Just remember to input the run command as part of the launching string and you'll be fine. Also helps a bit that the run is automatic once inputted so you don't need to hold any buttons or directions.

For the life of me though I don't know why we couldn't have just used anime fighter style run dashes were you just hit ff and hold until you gain the space you want, only tied to the meter. Would be way less awkward.

infamy23

FireBeard
I've given up on Kenjutsu. RK D1 is too frustrating to deal with. And now we're doing RK D1 B32 which is two just frames in a row. That is just not worth the effort or the risk.

Possessed DB2 is the biggest scrub killer ever. I should keep track of how often it hits people online, I'd wager it's above 85%

Diego de Souza Costa

I've given up on Kenjutsu. RK D1 is too frustrating to deal with. And now we're doing RK D1 B32 which is two just frames in a row. That is just not worth the effort or the risk.

Possessed DB2 is the biggest scrub killer ever. I should keep track of how often it hits people online, I'd wager it's above 85%
LOL.... what about the range on the f4.... good to end a combo with the bf2, then dash, f4... it gets people all the time !!

Pig Of The Hut

My matches tonight showed all the frame traps

I'll upload them later tonight or tomorrow from the local tonight