What's new

General/Other - Kenshi **Possessed & Kenjutsu Guides in OP** Pig's Home for all Kenshi

perfectghast

Just throw it out, and hope for the best!
So I'm about to blow some minds up. READY?
The big fad going around seems to be 50/50 I'll be honest and say that I'm not the biggest fan for math. Kenshi's Balance variation isnt about that, its focused on space control and punishing. A tool thats really big in the variation is the fact that Kenshi can achieve a lot of unbreakable dmg, ITS GOING TO REQUIRE PRACTICE.

With correct spacing Kenshi can do tons of unbreakable dmg in the corner. Catch an opponent on a jump with a RK in the corner and your looking at a minimum of 20% dmg thats not breakable. A anti air RK at peak height can combo in 3x RK into Xray for 49% thats death at low health. I didn't capture the midscreen AA RK, but you can land 2x RK into TF 20% and leave them at full screen distance.

Practicing the AA RK in Corner
Example of of multi RKs in combo for extra dmg

EDIT: I don't have a beard but I hope this is acceptable :)

This is very very clever
J
So I'm about to blow some minds up. READY?
The big fad going around seems to be 50/50 I'll be honest and say that I'm not the biggest fan for math. Kenshi's Balance variation isnt about that, its focused on space control and punishing. A tool thats really big in the variation is the fact that Kenshi can achieve a lot of unbreakable dmg, ITS GOING TO REQUIRE PRACTICE.

With correct spacing Kenshi can do tons of unbreakable dmg in the corner. Catch an opponent on a jump with a RK in the corner and your looking at a minimum of 20% dmg thats not breakable. A anti air RK at peak height can combo in 3x RK into Xray for 49% thats death at low health. I didn't capture the midscreen AA RK, but you can land 2x RK into TF 20% and leave them at full screen distance.

Practicing the AA RK in Corner
Example of of multi RKs in combo for extra dmg

EDIT: I don't have a beard but I hope this is acceptable :)
great stuff man. I feel very comfortable with my Kenshi, especially when I have someone in the corner. But this knowledge, took me to another level. Thanks dude this is beneficial to all of us :)

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Found a great punisher combo for Kenjutsu.
44, F32xx DB4 or BF3 23-24%
Or 44, F32xx MB DB4 J2 43xxBF3 or DB4-32-33%

Thanks. Using diff language version so that's why it made me wonder :) While we are at it I will use this opportunity to also ask what's "xx". Is it a dash ?

GroovyMango

Bullseye
What combo are y'all running for Kenjutsu in the corner meterless? Does he get anything special or is it just standard fair ended in regular/EX db4? Obviously with meter you want to go into EX df1 for the siq juggle kombozzzzzz

Titanman_88

Adamantium Addiction
I will be honest I've played heavily all 3 variations. The one I gravitated to was balanced and I feel I'm best at that one.Tbh the other two aren't in my playstyle. I'm maining Kenshi no matter what .

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
What combo are y'all running for Kenjutsu in the corner meterless? Does he get anything special or is it just standard fair ended in regular/EX db4? Obviously with meter you want to go into EX df1 for the siq juggle kombozzzzzz
you could try
whatever string > db1/44/14 to d1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 43 > df1.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Can we quickly consolidate the important stuff in this thread? Like, just optimized punishment and 50/50 combos? I'd have no problem doing this myself two years ago but right now I workworkworkworkworkityworkworkwork as a cook and when I'm in the lab, I need to have shit neatly laid out for me to practice. I just don't have endless hours to figure all my shit out and I don't wanna go through thirty pages here to figure it out either for basically the same reason.

I might be annoying some people here, but the organization of information in this forum is lacking compared to others.

Can we quickly consolidate the important stuff in this thread? Like, just optimized punishment and 50/50 combos? I'd have no problem doing this myself two years ago but right now I workworkworkworkworkityworkworkwork as a cook and when I'm in the lab, I need to have shit neatly laid out for me to practice. I just don't have endless hours to figure all my shit out and I don't wanna go through thirty pages here to figure it out either for basically the same reason.

I might be annoying some people here, but the organization of information in this forum is lacking compared to others.
Look at my combo thread.

Immortal

Blind justice....
There is a mess here coz game is like 10 days old and nothing is set in stone yet.

Kenshi in Kenjutsu has many options im just not sure what are you asking about? He has decent zoning, mix ups, vortex, armored wake ups etc... i mean what else do you want?

GroovyMango

Bullseye
There is a mess here coz game is like 10 days old and nothing is set in stone yet.

Kenshi in Kenjutsu has many options im just not sure what are you asking about? He has decent zoning, mix ups, vortex, armored wake ups etc... i mean what else do you want?
The game being 10 days old is not an excuse, other character forums are very organized. I'm not blaming anyone here for that, I'm just saying you can't use the game being new as an excuse.

GroovyMango

Bullseye
Be the change you want to see in the forum
You've already started it, otherwise I was gonna :3

EDIT: Anyone have a set of Kenjutsu match vids up? I feel like I'm getting combos down fine, but I suck at any game until I can see an example of how neutral should be played, and punishes and stuff like that. I just need to see the real deal, I'm awful without it :(((

Last edited:
Decided to look into this hit/block OS (not the 1+2+3 variant thing).

Sorry for the crappy quality, recorded on my phone to get it up quick.

My understanding of this is that you do your b1 xx db1 but after the cancel frames have started you cancel into another motion/special. In the video, I'm actually pressing forward and block.

It's handy off of b3 as well. They block, only b3 comes out and you're neutral on block. They get hit by b3, Rising Karma comes out. Useful for a lot of things. I want to try f2 next since that's a solid footsie button.

EDIT: Here's a video showing F2 with the same option select.

Last edited:
In Balanced variation may I make a suggestion for meterless combo optimization.

It seems to me that the most damaging finisher ALWAYS seems to be 4 3 BF+3. If anyone has a better idea I'd love to know.