What's new

POLL: What Buffalo did... Was it wrong?

Was Buffalo inappropriate for his pop off?

• Yes

Votes: 282 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 138 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Popoff happen in all sports. It is part of it and it is awesome.

People put their hearts into these gamess and the emotions are a billion times what a bunch of keyboard warriors talking shit about them while chucking their beer and popcorn. People that are probably to scared or suck so badly they would never even think to try and enter these events themselves.

Fuck you, and I mean anyone that judges them. You don't know, you know shit.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
Popoff happen in all sports. It is part of it and it is awesome.

People put their hearts into these gamess and the emotions are a billion times what a bunch of keyboard warriors talking shit about them while chucking their beer and popcorn. People that are probably to scared or suck so badly they would never even think to try and enter these events themselves.

Fuck you, and I mean anyone that judges them. You don't know, you know shit.
It's pretty different to pop off to the audience or your friends because you're happy you achieved something awesome and being a prick at someone else though.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
Both of them are ridiculous. Imagine people fighting over a video game! How stupid can they be? I'd be mortified if I behaved this way in public. They clearly spend too much time in their bedrooms (like those YouTube commentators) and not enough time in the real world where they would be punched for behaving in that way. I'm not here for that unsportsmanlike behaviour.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
Look its a major tournament, emotions are high, arguably the best player talks shit about you. How would you feel? Buffalo felt disrespected and went on to beat the best player. That popoff was justified , as long as he doesnt put hands on scar its fine. We need some more beef, to much buddy buddy training partner stuff going on, I cant wait till the next major when they face off again. We might see a Scar popoff lol

SLy

Noob
Some of yall just typing from a fan perspective. Its great for the community, I agree and get it. But come on man if you gonna be in a mans face like that you either looking to provoke something negative or you're looking to swing. Scar wasnt provoked. Buff didn't swing. So then why even get that close on stage? For ratings? It just comes across as an emotional clout chase and you end up looking like a clown to people who really understand the concept of respecting space between MEN. Fuck a tweet lol. Scar didnt say nothing that drastic for kid to do that lol. Kid is young and he apologized. Great for him. He couldve directed that extra energy anywhere else. Not in scars face for that long bro.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Look its a major tournament, emotions are high, arguably the best player talks shit about you. How would you feel? Buffalo felt disrespected and went on to beat the best player.
exactly and it is popped and over and done with. No one gives a shit about it now, except all the know it all stream monsters.

All I know is that it was super fun and a great moment.. and there will be glorious beef and backstory for all time... this kind of stuff is what makes fighting games torny scene awesome.

The more I dig the more I see that scar wasn’t innocent prior to this. As i said after seeing the full tweets and now this I think buffalos anger was justified but he didn’t have to get in his face.

Gixxerkid66

ChadtheDad412
Scars Self control is Crazy. I can’t believe he had a cool enough head to not put hands on him at all. Not even push him away. In a venue with all those people watching after just having all that adrenaline pumping. Color me impressed.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I mean it was a bit excessive but didn't get physical so whatever. If it was any other sport there'd be a personal foul penalty flag if the trash talk was deemed abusive and everyone would move on with their life.

After rewatching the video, it got broken up pretty quickly once it started getting personal with the "fuck you's" and middle fingers so it's not even that big of a deal.

Last edited:

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
After further review can we stop acting like scar is super mature and commendable for how he handled this?

You don't get to act like you're taking the high road morally when you're flipping double birds lmao

Anyway I stand by it being hype. People get heated over competition, they always have and always will. This was never going to be a fist fight or anything to clutch pearls over, just good old fashioned beef

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Wait there’s people in here claiming they would have hit him? LOOOL yeah okay, whatever helps you sleep at night tough guy. If anyone is fucking stupid enough to hit someone at an event, have fun being banned from every event and possibly facing charges. Only a grade A bitch would throw hands over a video game at an event.
This is the only embarrassing thing to come out of this. All these people claiming they would fight a minor over a video game tournament lol. Talk about some real fucking dorky shit

GOL Eklectic

Surrender, it's over.
If he wasn’t so Close to him jumping at him it would have been ok imo. It just looked threatening to me. It’s between them two tho, and scar probably knew Buffalo wouldnt hurt a fly so it’s all good.

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
This is the only embarrassing thing to come out of this. All these people claiming they would fight a minor over a video game tournament lol. Talk about some real fucking dorky shit
This lol. It's really cringey the number of keyboard warriors insisting they'd swing at Buffalo, like their "honor" is on the line or something. Stupid reason to fight to begin with, but it makes everyone involved look like a clown.

Pop offs are fine and cool. But! At the end of it you should always show some ways or relief (like smiling to your opponent or shake hands), like i am not really taking this seriously. Personally, i don't want people on my face for a videogame.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
It was pretty uncomfortable to watch (streaming.) As a viewer, I don't want to feel that way.

It came of very aggressive and teetering on turning violent initially. The escalation seem to be happening almost entirely in his head. He is like twice Scar's size at this point, inches away while screaming and pumping his arms. Say what you will about the legality of hitting, but there is absolutely a version of this where someone feels in endangered enough to start shoving to create distance. There are absolutely people that don't care about what happens 10 min later when someone is freaking out in their face.

I don't think Scar was ever going to be the person to take things there, especially with someone so young, but Buffalo/Daddy can't make a habit taking things that far or he may run into someone who will. It's only going to take one really bad moment to change the way events are run.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
This lol. It's really cringey the number of keyboard warriors insisting they'd swing at Buffalo, like their "honor" is on the line or something. Stupid reason to fight to begin with, but it makes everyone involved look like a clown.
"You don't understand! I lost in a video game and my opponent yelled at me, I have to prove I'm the bigger man by escalating to the point of physical violence!!"

I have zero respect for these dudes lol, that's serious mental midget behavior