What's new

Pokemon X and Y - Discussion/Friend Code Exchange

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Problem with Beedrill is he can't touch steel types at all... I'd probably go with Poison Jab, Knock Off, Brick Break and U-Turn. Swords Dance is tempting but I don't feel like you'd get much of a chance to set it up :/ Bring him in on something that can't touch him, get a strong hit off on something, then U-Turn out I think.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Problem with Beedrill is he can't touch steel types at all... I'd probably go with Poison Jab, Knock Off, Brick Break and U-Turn. Swords Dance is tempting but I don't feel like you'd get much of a chance to set it up :/ Bring him in on something that can't touch him, get a strong hit off on something, then U-Turn out I think.
I didnt know he could learn brick break actually. That would be better.

ShadowBeatz

I should do that haham is florges that bulky? Like I swear you run wild with florges every time haha.
Specially yes, she's VERY bulky, as you can see (Base 154 is REALLY good), but her physical defense is "meh" and her HP is decent. Gotta hit her with physical Steel or Poison attacks to break her. Ice Punch is good for the Flying types that'll come in on Scrafty and it'll allow him to deal with Dragons with ease, but I feel like Florges is MUCH more of a threat. Normally I wouldn't use her because she's a bit too good for my tastes, but I had to work my ass off to get the white Flabebe AND a damn Shiny Stone so fuck it, I'm using her.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Specially yes, she's VERY bulky, as you can see (Base 154 is REALLY good), but her physical defense is "meh" and her HP is decent. Gotta hit her with physical Steel or Poison attacks to break her. Ice Punch is good for the Flying types that'll come in on Scrafty and it'll allow him to deal with Dragons with ease, but I feel like Florges is MUCH more of a threat. Normally I wouldn't use her because she's a bit too good for my tastes, but I had to work my ass off to get the white Flabebe AND a damn Shiny Stone so fuck it, I'm using her.

got ya. Well dang. From a just team stand point how is my team? I wanted to switch seismtoad for quagsire. I just didn't have one battle ready. That and items. I didn't have any of the right items available.but I'll work on that too.

ShadowBeatz

got ya. Well dang. From a just team stand point how is my team? I wanted to switch seismtoad for quagsire. I just didn't have one battle ready. That and items. I didn't have any of the right items available.but I'll work on that too.
Crobat, Arcanine, Seismitoad, Scrafty, Mr. Mime and Forretress right? I'd say it's solid from a typing standpoint. You have a good switch for pretty much every move. I guess if you feel so inclined you can tell the the moves of all of them and what the basic plan is and I can give my amateur (I've only been battling for 7 months :D) opinion on it, but Pokemon is VERY much "to each their own" so I can really only say what I would do. Quagsire is definitely a better option than Seismitoad too, I would say

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Crobat, Arcanine, Seismitoad, Scrafty, Mr. Mime and Forretress right? I'd say it's solid from a typing standpoint. You have a good switch for pretty much every move. I guess if you feel so inclined you can tell the the moves of all of them and what the basic plan is and I can give my amateur (I've only been battling for 7 months :D) opinion on it, but Pokemon is VERY much "to each their own" so I can really only say what I would do. Quagsire is definitely a better option than Seismitoad too, I would say
haha sure dude. the main star is crobat. The game plan is for him to use his speed and attk to pretty much sweep low hp teams. to dwindle down the opposition. Anything he can't beat goes to scraggy to finish.

Crobat (Inner Focus) Black Sludge
-Protect
-Sludge Bomb
-Dark Pulse
-Aerial Ace
Scraggy (Shed Skin), Oran Berry
-Dragon Dance
-Drain Punch
-Crunch
-Ice Punch
Arcanine (Intimidate) Choice scarf
-Crunch
-Flamethrower
-Close Combat
-Will-o-wisp
Mr. Mime (Sound proof) Lum Berry
-Psychic
-Dazzling Gleam
-Reflect
-SafeGaurd
Seismitoad (poison touch) Focus Band
-Rock Tomb
-EQ
-Drain Punch
-Muddy Water
Forretress(Sturdy) no item
-Bug Bite
-Spikes
-Flash Cannon
-Toxic
Really its all about status moves and dwindling the team so Crobat or Scraggy can finish. I just need a stronger core (I Feel) to take more hits and put more hazards and work to help those guys.

ShadowBeatz

Well, the thing that jumps out at me is you might want to look into Egg Moves lol. Forretress, for instance, can have Stealth Rock if you breed a female one with a male Dwebble/Crustle that knows it (Dwebble learns it on its own at level 24 and you can find them all over the place. @Joker8417 actually has Dwebble in his Friend Safari and I actually think they already know SR since they're level 30 so you don't even have to level them up :p). I'd also recommend switching out Flash Cannon on Forretress for Gyro Ball because it's a physical attack and Forretress' Atk is way higher than its SpA.

I feel like your Arcanine is having an identity crisis as well lol. Generally speaking, it's not a good idea to have a status move like Will-o-Wisp on a Scarfed pokemon, simply because you lock yourself into a move that doesn't do any damage and it puts you in a disadvantageous position. I get that you want to be quick and burn something, but it would be better to at least have the option to switch to an attack. I won't try to go into offensive or defensive EV training since I know you don't really care to do it, but if you want to keep it scarfed I'd recommend replacing Will-o-Wisp with Wild Charge so you can predict a Water Type (like my Milotic) coming in and hitting it for good damage. If you want to go the more defensive route with the Will-o-Wisp, I'd recommend maybe Leftovers or a Sitrus Berry instead of the scarf (I've seen people run Rocky Helmet too). Morning Sun would be a good thing to have too, but that's an Egg move Arcanine gets from Espeon and that's a headache even I don't want to deal with :p. (Btw, Cofagrigus is a great defensive wall if you want a Wisper. I was actually thinking of breeding up a new one now that I have knowledge of Egg moves and all that so if you want one let me know and I'll hook you up).

For Scraggy I'd ditch that Oran Berry and stick an Expert Belt on him too (You get that from the Fighting Dojo in North Lumiose City, but I forget where exactly so you might have to look that up on your own). You already have Drain Punch for recovery and Oran Berries suck lol (like, thanks for the 10 hp bro)

Mr. Mime I'd say replace Safeguard with Light Screen, and that's only because your two sweepers are Scrafty, who has Shed Skin so he'll heal himself from status conditions, and Crobat, who can't be poisoned/toxic'd, isn't that affected by being burned because of recovery with Black Sludge and the burn Atk drop doesn't hurt him because he's not going to be using any physical attacks (btw, replace Aerial Ace with Air Slash. He learns it at 52 :D), and while paralysis can be a real bitch, you'd essentially be wasting a Mr. Mime move slot for one situation. Light Screen would be better for you I think.

Oh, and I should say for Seismitoad, take off the Focus Band and stick an Assault Vest on it. You have 4 attacking moves anyway so I think it'd be better to get that boost in Special Defense than to just "hope" that your Focus Band kicks in ;). Just thought I'd add this even though you said you were gonna replace him with Quagsire

That's pretty much just basic reasoning based on what you told me about your strat. I'm not one to sit here and tell you what set to run for what pokemon (after all, I run an offensive Shuckle :D), but these are just some recommendations to optimize the set that you do want to run.

Last edited: