What's new

Pokemon X and Y - Discussion/Friend Code Exchange

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Does it matter if it's mega or not?
no mega.
oh and I'm using Assault Vest Excadrill as my special absorber.

I was looking into someone like Slowbro or Togekiss. Maybe even Rotom W Physcial Defensive instead of the Special D.

been kinda blah on this version..... especially if the battling is going to change next game :S

AK Ace Universe

Yomi | RM Raoh
Why Quagsire?

What does he bring to the table that say...... Slowbro doesn't?
Unaware is the best walling ability I've ever seen in competitive Poke'mon in the last 10 years. It ignores stat boosts when factoring in damage, so you just ignore boosted Dragon/Sword Dances, and Calm Minds, Quiver Dance, etc. you name it. It's got impeccable bulk and one of the best defensive types in the game you could ever ask for in Water/Ground. Immune to T-Bolt is fantastic, and Grass being it's only weakness is fine since it's a weak offensive type outside of Venusaur. So either way you get all the benefits of playing a wall, and on top of that he usually takes 2 hits to KO with a fantastic immunity.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Unaware is the best walling ability I've ever seen in competitive Poke'mon in the last 10 years. It ignores stat boosts when factoring in damage, so you just ignore boosted Dragon/Sword Dances, and Calm Minds, Quiver Dance, etc. you name it. It's got impeccable bulk and one of the best defensive types in the game you could ever ask for in Water/Ground. Immune to T-Bolt is fantastic, and Grass being it's only weakness is fine since it's a weak offensive type outside of Venusaur. So either way you get all the benefits of playing a wall, and on top of that he usually takes 2 hits to KO with a fantastic immunity.
thank you sir.

AK Ace Universe

Yomi | RM Raoh
Nah not yet. I have ways of getting you pretty much anything you need.
I need to talk with you before I go to TFC then. I need a new 3DS since my old one was stolen (RIP ZELDA 3DSXL), so until then I'll be on Showdown ladder. So I'm gonna hopefully be able to get most of this stuff taken care of when I get a new system.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
no mega.
oh and I'm using Assault Vest Excadrill as my special absorber.

I was looking into someone like Slowbro or Togekiss. Maybe even Rotom W Physcial Defensive instead of the Special D.

been kinda blah on this version..... especially if the battling is going to change next game :S
Those are all solid, the best being physically defensive Rotom imo. Will-O-Wisp, Pain Split, Hydro Pump and Volt Switch is the best set I've ran with it.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I need to talk with you before I go to TFC then. I need a new 3DS since my old one was stolen (RIP ZELDA 3DSXL), so until then I'll be on Showdown ladder. So I'm gonna hopefully be able to get most of this stuff taken care of when I get a new system.
Sure thing just let me know what you need. :)

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Yeah Im running taunt gengar for that exact reason lol
yeah see...... i'm starting to think that Gyarados is a good poke to have as well.

Idk what to do

I've been running Mega Zard Y as my lead. There isn't really much that can stall him except Heatran and sash users. And of course the Focus Blast miss.

AK Ace Universe

Yomi | RM Raoh
yeah see...... i'm starting to think that Gyarados is a good poke to have as well.

Idk what to do

I've been running Mega Zard Y as my lead. There isn't really much that can stall him except Heatran and sash users. And of course the Focus Blast miss.
I wouldn't run Y-Zard as a lead in this meta anymore. It's not ideal to lead with a mid-late sweeper when you could just be setting up. Also Gyarados is a fucking beating. He's fantastic now with the Mold Breaker on his Mega which makes him a high priority threat.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Just so everyone knows I have spare latiosite, Latiasite, Blazikenite, Blastoinite and both zard stones for anyone who wants or needs them. Only one of each. However if there is a stone you need that yer missing i can hack it.
Can I have the Lati Stones and a mewtwo X stone?

xKhaoTik

thank you sir.
What he said lol. Unaware is pretty Gdlk. He learns recover as well so he's in a battle for a very long time.

I have some relaxed wooper with unaware and recover if you want one.

Edit: Unaware Clefable is a good physical tank as well.

Last edited:

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I wouldn't run Y-Zard as a lead in this meta anymore. It's not ideal to lead with a mid-late sweeper when you could just be setting up. Also Gyarados is a fucking beating. He's fantastic now with the Mold Breaker on his Mega which makes him a high priority threat.
Zard is still a good lead, and he isnt really a sweeper more of a wallbreaker. I agree gyarados is a pretty good lead though. Intimidates landorus and is really only threatened by electric types.

AK Ace Universe

Yomi | RM Raoh
Zard is still a good lead, and he isnt really a sweeper more of a wallbreaker. I agree gyarados is a pretty good lead though. Intimidates landorus and is really only threatened by electric types.
Its a difference in playstyles I guess. I would personally just run other threats like Pinsir in my Mega-slot.

xKhaoTik

Wait huh? How is Intimidate Landorus threatened by electric types when its part ground? Dont you mean ice types?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Intimidate/Mold Breaker lead is kinda stupid against some poke's like Landourous.