What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Played MKX at Games14 - my thoughts (on Sub specifically + general info)

loogie

Noob
from the footage I've seen, subz full walk speed is slower than the start up animation of walking, similar to Kenshi's famous crab walk.

In fact, the start up of it looks the fastest with the most distance of all the characters revealed so far.

Any comment on that aspect?

PS. how is subz uppercut?

PPS. do you remember the start up frames of his f42 string?
you are kinda right about Subs back walk speed, looks good but longer you walk back it looks very Kenshi-like I have to say.
Sub uppercut did not seem very good, unless you are Cryomancer Subzero - he has an upward slash with the sword as his uppercut (animation is changed or the d2 in this var), it has a great range and reliable.

I updated the thread with the f42 info further...

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
As for Wake up attacks it seems like you can only do wake ups if you have a bar of meter. So remember that! Maybe it seemed hard bc everytime u tried you didnt have meter?

loogie

Noob
Oh my God.

Please tell me we still have an 8 frame d4
haha, I wish I could say that. fact is, I did not check the frame data on his d4.
one thing for sure, it does no look like his MK9 d4 .... it's a grounded poke, like his d3 but has a better range. the range was really good from what I saw.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Well, he said d4, doesn't mean it's also going to apply to all the others (like d1 or d3). And slide is a pretty fast cancel- I doubt they'd be able to cancel into alot of combo starters.
Imagine if Sonya or Mileena could combo with D4 though, shits scary to think of

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Well, he said d4, doesn't mean it's also going to apply to all the others (like d1 or d3). And slide is a pretty fast cancel- I doubt they'd be able to cancel into alot of combo starters.
and you can only combo into an ex special move. so it requires a bar of meter.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
D4 combos? Ugh idk about that. Everyone would have a 12-19 frame "low launcher"
its cool, I play KI3 and SF4 where low pokes combo into special moves and some are 3-6frames, its not a big deal tbh. plus in MKX it requires meter. you can NOT combo from a d4 into a special move without meter.

loogie

Noob
and you can only combo into an ex special move. so it requires a bar of meter.
D4 into slide, was not ex slide... I did not notice anything meter dependent in this.
I could be wrong about other moves, but pretty sure d4 into regular slide registering (in this build) as a combo

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
D4 into slide, was not ex slide... I did not notice anything meter dependent in this.
I could be wrong about other moves, but pretty sure d4 into regular slide registering (in this build) as a combo
right but slide is not a combo starter, so there are exceptions to the rule as long as it doesnt juggle I guess?

Dedamn666

Big Poppa Pump
Ed Boon said something on Twitter about this.
"@rayf_williams @noobde 2 of my friends played Mortal Kombat X in a video game event in Dubai & now I'm jealous EB: Dubai? I think they lie."

Not sure if he is joking, not sure how to link twitter here.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;<a href="https://twitter.com/rayf_williams">@rayf_williams</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/noobde">@noobde</a> 2 of my friends played Mortal Kombat X in a video game event in Dubai &amp; now I&#39;m jealous EB: Dubai? I think they lie.</p>&mdash; Ed Boon (@noobde) <a href="https://twitter.com/noobde/status/510451526293131264">September 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>