What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Played MKX at Games14 - my thoughts (on Sub specifically + general info)

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I am still pretty convinced that f,f+block to run is a bad idea. No one has really felt comfortable with this so far that's played a demo of the game and I really hope that it does not stay.
They should just change it to the stance switch button.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I don't suppose you happen to notice if you can combo d1 into specials like in Injustice or can the special be blocked like in MK 9?
Going by pass impression of what i read is either non are very limited certain specials, d1 spear does not combo

Looks good.

Though I'm disappointed they seem to have the wake-up window ridiculously small like in vanilla Injustice. Hopefully they fix that. Whether I wake up or not should really be a consequence of me wanting to do it or not, nothing else.

I also hope they fix that issue with dashes that turn into runs when you block near the end. I still don't see why they can't just let us map it to a button. Maybe they will- but I hope they confirm it soon.

Dark

Noob
Interesting one of his combos is called Tundra, probably doesn't mean much though.

Anyway, you plan on using anyone other than Sub Zero?

loogie

Noob
Nice rundown @loogie

Are you allowed to take video recordings of games at the show? It would be great to see Cassie and Raiden's new X Ray!
Was caught video recording, and politely asked not to.... :( will try again today
Raiden X-Ray looks like a combination of shazam and black Adam supers thrown together with some bone crushing
Cassie's X-Ray is painful , but after seeing it few times the hype was gone

loogie

Noob
Let's say you do 112 ~ ice ball.

Does it combo like Injustice (full string + special) or do you have to cancel into special before the string finishes like mk9
112 can't be cancelled into ice ball, last hit causes hard knockdown and send opp to midscreen.
Was dialing in my combos, it felt like mk9 , before string finishes

loogie

Noob
Please, for us all. Pick Kotal Kahn and figure out the Totems! Any KK information!
Played kotal only once, he felt really slow and lumbering. Did not feel easy to pick up, if I can I will check out the totems thing. The var I played was war god I think with his big ass weapon....

loogie

Noob
One thing I dont get I know it's early and everyone's write up early is a bit different, but why would they bring back AA jabs if the jumping arch is weirder/different etc and at least according to this guy, practically makes cross up pressure irrelevant? I hope AA jabs are really hard to connect cause won't lie that shit was annoying in some past MK's. I'd rather everyone had an AA special move than get a full combo off an AA lucky jab. Just my opinion on that. If jumping sucks and AA jabs are indeed back in this game, i'm going to zone and turtle even more in MK X than I did in MK 9. lol. But guess time will tell...

Ah I thought so :p
Although you could jab, from what I saw, the follow up would be difficult perhaps. You can almost forget doing jab into run cancels.... Maybe a sub or a Scorp can jab into a capture move.
I will test the jab AA viability more if I can today.

loogie

Noob
So MKX Sub-Zero's F42 is the new B1(2)(1)...I like it!

Thanks for the info @loogie and keep it coming.
I liked it better than the b212 from old.... The f42 had huge reach, I swear it felt like an entire dash distance. Of course if they jump over and you whiff it's a big punish