What's new

PL says "KL NOT IN TOP TEN"

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Don't let your online bias get to you here guys.

Low hitbox characters do give him problems and stop his momentum. And we all know what he can do with full momentum.

I am not saying I agree.... but you have to think about it before just blowing off what he says (as dramatic as it may be).
Low hitbox characters do give him problems, but he is definitely in top 10.

ColdZero

Banned
I saw a table somewhere on this website and kung lao was near the top there. Not sure about top 5, but definitely top 10.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
if ur on point...nightwolf should be no problem....maybe PL was just having a bad day? lol

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Low hitbox characters do give him problems, but he is definitely in top 10.
sure... he's top 10 sure. (numbers don't matter).
His MU's vs JC and Sonya are probably harder than we give it credit. SwiftTomHanks used to frequently baby .... BABY Kung Lao's with Sektor at VSM.
I still think the online community can't handle his bullshit (which is understandable) and then we only have a few KL's that really bring an A game. PL and Pboardplayer are the two that come to mind. I think the GGA's and the EGP's (count vegas here too) have enough players to break down the character and get the reactions needed to "see" him doing something duckable and punishing him for it.

I sometimes don't think we really break characters down to how they are played..... and what they can actually do in a match.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Also, lol @ people complaining about a character not being top 10 with his kind of tools.

Come on, get real. Dude has a move that can hit any and everything but a projectile. If you can make people be afraid to even poke you... you're fucking top 10.

You wanna whine, go play Sheeva or Kano. Then again, I don't hear Jeremiah complaining about anything.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Also, lol @ people complaining about a character not being top 10 with his kind of tools.

Come on, get real. Dude has a move that can hit any and everything but a projectile. If you can make people be afraid to even poke you... you're fucking top 10.

You wanna whine, go play Sheeva or Kano. Then again, I don't hear Jeremiah complaining about anything.
You just mad Lao blows up puddle setups. :p

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
if ur on point...nightwolf should be no problem....maybe PL was just having a bad day? lol
lol that may be true...but honestly you say that and yet I know you have never played a true NW master. there is only like 2-3 players that even come close. NW is terrible but the fact that he can give Lao trouble is my point.

Axel_Redd

lol that may be true...but honestly you say that and yet I know you have never played a true NW master. there is only like 2-3 players that even come close. NW is terrible but the fact that he can give Lao trouble is my point.
possibly, but i still say its 6-4 lao, lol, i've been working on spinning between the 2 hits of ex shoulder on reaction before, i was doing it fairly consistantly, also i make use of strings that not a lot of people do, like 3 or 4 lol, im just weird like that .

Axel_Redd

i'd love to play some of you top guys actually, unfortunately majority of em don't play online x.x. It'd be even better to play em irl but none of em are around where i live x.x.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
possibly, but i still say its 6-4 lao, lol, i've been working on spinning between the 2 hits of ex shoulder on reaction before, i was doing it fairly consistantly, also i make use of strings that not a lot of people do, like 3 or 4 lol, im just weird like that .
oh i know...he punished my shoulder everytime. Im used to people punishing it 100% of the time. It is 6-4 him. I did go even with him but I got beat by Forever king pretty good.

his style is over frantic and thats how low hitbox characters can capitalize. Against low hitbox characters, lao just doesnt suit the style he wants to play. thats why he SHOULD play someone like cage or kang.

Lulzlou

Noob
Kung Lao is good if you stop being random with him. He is a footsie character, not some random Bullshit character. The reason why people lose to the randomness is because they don't know how to fight it. It's 6-4 kabal imo, I hate when people say its not.

Axel_Redd

the way i play my Lao is actually really interesting, i make really good use of the grind hat, for example i've gotten to where i can release it at the last possible moment just as im teleporting so that it hits you when im already on the otherside forcing you to guess what im gonna do :p