What's new

PL says "KL NOT IN TOP TEN"

coolwhip

Noob
just in response to redeyes.only in that context and with those criteria is lao 15 or 16.
but nah he's probably 9 or 10
kabal
kenshi
cyrax
sonya
freddy
smoke
cage
reptile
cyblax
lao?
remember that the reason that PL says that he's not top 5/10 is that he doesnt have the tools to work around matchups that give him trouble. other characters have tools that dont necessarily make it less difficult, but make it more winnable. it's if a matchup is bad it's just bad, it's not good in certain situations, it's just bad.other characters a matchup can change based on meter or a slew of other factors, but kung lao really doesnt have that. or something like that
Reptile and Smoke over Kung Lao? LoL, okay. Then again, this is the guy who said that ex tele is a horrible idea because Kung Lao would eat TWO uppercuts from the likes of Cage and Stryker without being able to whiff the grab and get a combo, or a delayed 3 into full combo. So clearly, your understanding of this character is immaculate.

Reptile and Smoke over Kung Lao? LoL, okay. Then again, this is the guy who said that ex tele is a horrible idea because Kung Lao would eat TWO uppercuts from the likes of Cage and Stryker without being able to whiff the grab and get a combo, or a delayed 3 into full combo. So clearly, your understanding of this character is immaculate.
dude you read that and you didnt even try to help me in the argument....

coolwhip

Noob
Of course...but one isn't necessarily evidence of the other.

A rectangle is a always square but a square isn't always a rectangle.
True, but in this case, it's pretty obvious that PL is damn good (Duh), and Kung Lao is damn good (I feel this is another no brainer). Once again, if people truly want to argue about his placement, then please list the characters who are better than him.

coolwhip

Noob
By the way, the only reason people focus on KL "struggling" with low hitbox characters is because he absolutely kills high hitbox characters, which further adds to how good he is. Other characters who don't abuse high hitbox chars as much don't get the same attention with regards to their struggles with low hitbox characters. With Kung Lao, his struggles with low hitbox characters essentially mean that he can't do whatever he wants and completely kill them, which isn't all that bad

Goldi

Noob
PL called him Jade tier at Power Up. Come on lol, we've all gotten flustered with our main at some point and said something along those lines out of aggravation.

No reason to get nasty with each other over it.

I've accused Jade of having an inner ear infection before and benched her for a few days lol.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
As much as I'd like to downplay my character, I can't. Kung Lao is beast, no way in hell he is not 10. His bad matchups are only Kabal Sonya in my opinion. It is debatable whether Cage Kitana and Cyrax are bad matchups for him, but that's about it.
Yeah, Cage Lao is probably 5-5 KL just has to play it a little differently I think. Both characters have good options and punish hard.

lol and an ad hominem arent arguments.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
This whole 'low hitboxes kill KL' arguement is just a PL argument, I've never mentioned it, Brady didnt either, especially against characters like Jax. KL could possibly be Jaxs worst matchup. Mileena has a D4, big whoop. KLs d3 may be 2 frames slower than every1 else, but it also lows his hitbox too.

KL blows up most of the small hitbox characters more than most other characters can since he is lowhitbox himself, as well as quick.

Jax - Spin & 2 1 interupt strings
Sonya - Same ^^
Sektor - Same ^^ + sektor cant zone him
Quan chi - LBSH...
Skarlet - She takes more risk/Also has high strings herself.
Reptile - Cannot move/Cannot zone.

This whole 'low hitboxes kill KL' arguement is just a PL argument, I've never mentioned it, Brady didnt either, especially against characters like Jax. KL could possibly be Jaxs worst matchup. Mileena has a D4, big whoop. KLs d3 may be 2 frames slower than every1 else, but it also lows his hitbox too.

KL blows up most of the small hitbox characters more than most other characters can since he is lowhitbox himself, as well as quick.

Jax - Spin & 2 1 interupt strings
Sonya - Same ^^
Sektor - Same ^^ + sektor cant zone him
Quan chi - LBSH...
Skarlet - She takes more risk/Also has high strings herself.
Reptile - Cannot move/Cannot zone.
Brady thinks Kung lao loses to all low hitbox characters except for mileena, so he thinks its even worse than PL does. Also I think some low hitbox characters give lao trouble too. jax, mileena dont give him trouble. but sektor and johnny cage do.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
personally i think mobility and damage play a part in considering a top character, kl has both.
with tools like dive kick, roll and teleport to get in, as well as a spin to convert into a defefensive character, he is more than set.
imho i think it dosnt really matter if he struggles with low hit box characters up close, everyone stuggles with a skilled kl's spin up close lol

coolwhip

Noob
Brady thinks Kung lao loses to all low hitbox characters except for mileena, so he thinks its even worse than PL does. Also I think some low hitbox characters give lao trouble too. jax, mileena dont give him trouble. but sektor and johnny cage do.
I'm honestly not sure about Sector, but think Cage is Kung Lao's worst match-up in the game, and even that is not that horrible.

I believe Kung Lao loses to Cyrax and Cage, and maybe Sonya.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
KL has a difficult time pressuring low hitbox characters, but as said before, a number of those characters either struggle pressuring him with his low hitbox or suck vs him anyway. And it's not like he struggles like that. He has ways around it anyway.