What's new

Tech Perfect Legend Mish mash of Kung Lao stuff

I have a question, when I see you play against johnny cage players, why dont you try to interrupt f3 with 21? also if they do f33forceball you know you can duck that with 21spin right?

Also the thing I have been using against johnny cage players is trying to interrupt f3 with 24grab. just input the grab so if the 24 does hit you can send him fullscreen again with the palmstrike.

if they block the 24, they cant use f3 to pressure you because you can challenge him with the spin or go for another 21/24, so the cage players has to do d3/d1 to be safe. so if you crouch block that poke you can do 21spin to punish the f3 follow up attempt because a lot of cage players dont hitconfirm their pokes and if they get their poke blocked they are at hella disadvantage. also after 24 on block or hit you always have the option to armor out.

gdf

Noob
Finally a way to counter Sektor's bullshit.

I know the other characters are useful, but Sektor annoys me the most.

gdf

Noob
Sektor's En Teleport can be forward dashed and punished.
I did not know that. I will keep that in mind, considering that was a big offender for me. I just need to watch out that I don't dash into a flamethrower.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Perfect Legend
has the sektor one been tested against a human? the AIs wakeups are messed up in training mode and ex attacks dont get the invinceable frames they should unless set to the "human" tab

Perfect Legend
has the sektor one been tested against a human? the AIs wakeups are messed up in training mode and ex attacks dont get the invinceable frames they should unless set to the "human" tab
It works I played Ketchup and pig in a set and it worked on them. I found it after I fought Gross.

Also I do use 21/24 vs cage after blocking f3 but that loses to simple d3 and then he gets to f3 again. Annoying as hell. Kung lao's best option is to spin unfortunately in that situation as far as stopping him from d3ing

It works I played Ketchup and pig in a set and it worked on them. I found it after I fought Gross.

Also I do use 21/24 vs cage after blocking f3 but that loses to simple d3 and then he gets to f3 again. Annoying as hell. Kung lao's best option is to spin unfortunately in that situation as far as stopping him from d3ing
I suggest 24 instead of 21, because if you do 24commandgrab, you will actually get some damage (19%) if it hits. yes they can d3 but they don't always d3. so if their d3 beats you, you just wait for the next opportunity. 24 command grabd is 19% and sends them fullscreen. allowing you t throw at least 3 hats before the guy gets in again. the only risk of doing 24 is cage finishin his f33 string into nutpunch. if you do spin it can also be blocked and punished, and having the risk of cage finishing his string at the same time. just give it a chance.

I suggest 24 instead of 21, because if you do 24commandgrab, you will actually get some damage (19%) if it hits. yes they can d3 but they don't always d3. so if their d3 beats you, you just wait for the next opportunity. 24 command grabd is 19% and sends them fullscreen. allowing you t throw at least 3 hats before the guy gets in again. the only risk of doing 24 is cage finishin his f33 string into nutpunch. if you do spin it can also be blocked and punished, and having the risk of cage finishing his string at the same time. just give it a chance.
I know. Its dumb cause for Kung Lao to get out he has to take a risk. Either 21 and cage can guess right and reset his press or you spin and he blocks and he gets to do a combo with chip for ex green ball nonsense.

Also only time you can crouch f33 ex ball is on the ground and not after a jump in cause it will jail you. I wish kung lao's d3 was 7 frames instead of 9 so he could safely poke out of d3 but noooo.

He has armor but ex teleport is way too slow to be effective and people can just walk away from him and teleport grab becomes useless if you just get out of range from it. Also another way he can get out is xray but your entire bar on the line imo isn't the best course of action.

Best way is 24 or spin. Also I do 21 because I try to hit confirm to spin. 24 grab or 24, 1+2 is probably best but if don't want 24 grab cause then it leaves me right next to him which is where I don't want to be vs cage.

Forgot he does have d1 lol but still

I know. Its dumb cause for Kung Lao to get out he has to take a risk. Either 21 and cage can guess right and reset his press or you spin and he blocks and he gets to do a combo with chip for ex green ball nonsense.

Also only time you can crouch f33 ex ball is on the ground and not after a jump in cause it will jail you. I wish kung lao's d3 was 7 frames instead of 9 so he could safely poke out of d3 but noooo.

He has armor but ex teleport is way too slow to be effective and people can just walk away from him and teleport grab becomes useless if you just get out of range from it. Also another way he can get out is xray but your entire bar on the line imo isn't the best course of action.

Best way is 24 or spin. Also I do 21 because I try to hit confirm to spin. 24 grab or 24, 1+2 is probably best but if don't want 24 grab cause then it leaves me right next to him which is where I don't want to be vs cage.
thanks for the reply

24 leaves you in their face on block, yes but the difference with naked spin is you can still spin after 24 on block, it is only -1 so spin is going to be 7 frames, the opponent always waits a while before they do something after they block your 24 so you are already at neutral having access to a 6 frame spin again. so they first have to be able to block your 24 and then also block the spin. its like a 2 layered defence compared to just spinning.

21 hitconfirm spin is not consistent enough for me to implement, especially if cage is doing all that crazy stuff in your face.

also 24 commandgrab happens to fast to be breakered by the cage player. because if 24 hits they cant breaker the command grab. so you will send them full screen guaranteed granted you can do the palmstrike consistently. throwing hats will grant you meter and chip johnny cage.

thanks for the reply

24 leaves you in their face on block, yes but the difference with naked spin is you can still spin after 24 on block, it is only -1 so spin is going to be 7 frames, the opponent always waits a while before they do something after they block your 24 so you are already at neutral having access to a 6 frame spin again. so they first have to be able to block your 24 and then also block the spin. its like a 2 layered defence compared to just spinning.

21 hitconfirm spin is not consistent enough for me to implement, especially if cage is doing all that crazy stuff in your face.

also 24 commandgrab happens to fast to be breakered by the cage player. because if 24 hits they cant breaker the command grab. so you will send them full screen guaranteed granted you can do the palmstrike consistently. throwing hats will grant you meter and chip johnny cage.

I know this but I want to avoid having to take a risk like that since cage literally takes no risk for anything ever frame wise. I have thought of every possible strat vs cage but cage is not the char you want to be taking risks with unless you want to play damage control.

Also vs cage you want to crouch and crouch forever. If he throws you or does an overhead you are now finally out of the pressure. You have to read when he wants to do double f3 so you can punish but its still hella tough. I rather pick raiden vs Cage I have hella options. Teleport, d3, ex superman, ex electric grab, d1. 3 of those options are hella safe. And even if he blocks d3 and tries to follow up you can teleport inbetween his d3 to f3 or his f3 then blow him up for forcing the whiff. When he starts trying to grab you out of your teleport you cross over for a combo.

I know this but I want to avoid having to take a risk like that since cage literally takes no risk for anything ever frame wise. I have thought of every possible strat vs cage but cage is not the char you want to be taking risks with unless you want to play damage control.

Also vs cage you want to crouch and crouch forever. If he throws you or does an overhead you are now finally out of the pressure. You have to read when he wants to do double f3 so you can punish but its still hella tough. I rather pick raiden vs Cage I have hella options. Teleport, d3, ex superman, ex electric grab, d1. 3 of those options are hella safe. And even if he blocks d3 and tries to follow up you can teleport inbetween his d3 to f3 or his f3 then blow him up for forcing the whiff. When he starts trying to grab you out of your teleport you cross over for a combo.
I personally dont have a second yet I cant seem to decide which characters to co-main, I really like raiden but I cant seem to be effective with the character. I play lao only and if it weren't for casuals I wouldn't bother trying to learn a second.

the raiden vs cage is a weird one and I think there is a lot of unexplored stuff in the matchup. if you go raiden vs cage in tourney you dont have to worry about people counterpicking you or whatever because that matchup is supposed to be in cage favor.

and yes cage is frustrating, very underrated as only 4 characters beat him and he destroys the rest of the cast

I personally dont have a second yet I cant seem to decide which characters to co-main, I really like raiden but I cant seem to be effective with the character. I play lao only and if it weren't for casuals I wouldn't bother trying to learn a second.

the raiden vs cage is a weird one and I think there is a lot of unexplored stuff in the matchup. if you go raiden vs cage in tourney you dont have to worry about people counterpicking you or whatever because that matchup is supposed to be in cage favor.

and yes cage is frustrating, very underrated as only 4 characters beat him and he destroys the rest of the cast
I think cage vs raiden is even personally but I think he beats Kung Lao. Its the only match up I hate playing Kung Lao in to be honest even the cyrax matchup is way more winnable in my eyes.

I think cage vs raiden is even personally but I think he beats Kung Lao. Its the only match up I hate playing Kung Lao in to be honest even the cyrax matchup is way more winnable in my eyes.
I hope it is, can't wait to see you play that matchup in tourney, big fan of your raiden.