What's new

Perfect Legend - "Kabal is falling off my tier list. Cyrax is #1 no question."

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
So what's stopping everyone doing that? Kabal isn't easy to pick up, but you see people do it. So if thats possible, its possible for EVERYONE to play like that against him? What do you think is harder, playing against Kabal with your main or trying to main Kabal?

If KevoDaMan was there, im sure DJT would have dealt with him as well.

We've seen a Scorpion and a Mileena eliminate top Kabals before, in big Majors and one of them was a Grand Final. Pretty sure SonicFox unofficially retired KevoDaMan, not that anyone will really miss that guy. Man Jax used to be known as the Kabal killer and im pretty sure still gives him trouble. And doesnt 16 Bit have a perfect record of Kitana vs Kabal in all matches he's played REO in?
You are missing the point. I am saying that those players beat kabal because they made exceptional reads, not because kabal isn't secretly that hard to deal with and everyone is being lazy. Those exceptional reads are what seperates good players from great players.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Also does nobody realize Cyrax has the most random ass crouch blocking hitbox in the game that literally becomes high-low-high-low-high-low every half a second? That's probably why REO stopped attempting 2~NDC after a couple of reps.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I like how now the legend is now DJT destroyed the Kabals. Mopped them up. Free. Him vs. Detroit was last game, last round, last read, with 4 seconds on the clock. The rest were close too.
Nobody said it wasn't close. What matters is that Danzel won, despite bad MU. Great player, great reads > great character, good player.

Btw. congratz on making top 8 16bit. :)

Flagg

Noob
HGTV Soapboxfan, well we'll have to agree to disagree. As soon as I read that "you misunderstand me" crap that I see on most forums, what's the point?

I see your point completely. I still think Kabal is top, but are these match ups really 8-2 across the board. Is it really hard to contemplate the character has 5-5 or horror of horrors, a bad MU?

You keep going on about reads as if it isn't a skill factor but more of a lucky guess. If the likes of REO and Detroit are playing Kabal at the highest level, and DJT is playing CYRax at the highest level, is it the player or the character. People cant have it both ways. For a long time I suspect that fighters are always 50% character, 50% player.

Man people need to man up on this board. Yeah, maybe a massive percentage of us are lazy and frankly dont work hard enough against Kabal like some players do.

I wonder, if REO and DETROIT had made that statement which led to this thread being made instead of PL, would the reactions have been different? I think so. Everyone and their mother cant wait to to jump on and agree with everything REO says. PL doesnt even post here that much, and the second he says anything, he gets pew pew'd on.

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
I think kabal is still the best character in the game (in the right hands)I saw many kabals in EVO but not such a high level, I think many people think kabal is very simple to use, a couple of NDC presure for here another NDC over there, some zoning and victories are easy to obtain, really saw many basic and misguided kabal, could not believe my eyes when I saw plays like f32ndc, f32ndc, and things so unsafe and punishable ...

but moreover I have not seen anyone that dominate the meterless reset with cyrax in the corner, really, believe me it is not hard to do, someone who dominate the meterless reset in corner at tournament level would have a very powerful cyrax

Flagg

Noob
Oh yeah, didnt Wound also beat a Top Kabal at Evo using Shang if I recall correctly.

DOESNT MATTER! KABAL 9-1 EVERYONE! DeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrP!

I think kabal is still the best character in the game (in the right hands)I saw many kabals in EVO but not such a high level, I think many people think kabal is very simple to use, a couple of NDC presure for here another NDC over there, some zoning and victories are easy to obtain, really saw many basic and misguided kabal, could not believe my eyes when I saw plays like f32ndc, f32ndc, and things so unsafe and punishable ...

but moreover I have not seen anyone that dominate the meterless reset with cyrax in the corner, really, believe me it is not hard to do, someone who dominate the meterless reset in corner at tournament level would have a very powerful cyrax
ah yes, the meterless resets are deadly, but in the heat of the moment, it is easy to forget about them.

I think its between him/kabal
Kabal has everything
Cyrax broken ass resets
If cyrax got u in 1 FUCKING COMBO
And u have no bars
Say buh bye

Sent from. SECRET using Tapatalk

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I wasn't saying that I was as good as DJT at all. I was saying that he won because he outplayed reo and detroit and all the kabals he played and overcame the matchup, which is tough. Probably 6-4 or 7-3, depending on stage. I was just saying that it isn't actually bad for cyrax and that players are just lazy is disrespectful to a lot of people.
Fair enough.

But I've said this before in the thread. A matchup doesn't shift 2-3 numbers over a single weekend, anyone who is saying this clearly has zero grasp of either character and/or their footsies. There's a lot of people acting as if Denzell only won with some YOLO random 90% when his footsies were immaculate, which could be said for any matchup.

My point is EVO took a huge dump of the idea of all of these 7-3s, 8-2s, being insurmountable at tournament level. Denzell himself might still think the matchup is 7-3 for sure, as of right now, he has the highest authority concerning that opinion. But he didn't just give up and quit EVO, or turned into some counterpicking schizo, he did his homework and studied as much as he possibly could to overcome the mistakes Cyrax players usually make in the matchup. And he won EVO for it.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I think its between him/kabal
Kabal has everything
Cyrax broken ass resets
If cyrax got u in 1 FUCKING COMBO
And u have no bars
Say buh bye

Sent from. SECRET using Tapatalk
Really? Thanks for the tip cpt. obvious.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :D

ah yes, the meterless resets are deadly, but in the heat of the moment, it is easy to forget about them.
watch at 1:05

there are other tournament matches where I do it
Level up bro :p

P.S Top 5 in order : kabal, kenshi,sonya,freddy,cyrax

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
Of course yes, I actually saw you had the opportunity many times to do meterless reset but you opted for safer things and it is logical and understandable in an instance like EVO

What I saw in the grand final was insane spacing and godlike footsies from Denzell. He was on point, and then some. Some of the best high level mk9 I've seen probably ever, looked similar to Korean Dash Cancel movement in Tekken in a sense. That match should be called the immortal game. Props to him

Summary: Cyrax is not number one, Denzell played that match with nerves of diamond

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Fair enough.

But I've said this before in the thread. A matchup doesn't shift 2-3 numbers over a single weeks, anyone who is clearly has zero grasp of either character and/or their footsies. There's a lot of people acting as if Denzell only won with some YOLO random 90% when his footsies were immaculate, which could be said for any matchup.

My point is EVO took a huge dump of a idea of all of these 7-3s, 8-2s, being insurmountable at tournament level. Denzell himself might still think the matchup is 7-3 for sure, as of right now, he has the highest authority concerning that opinion. But he didn't just give up and quit EVO, or turned into some counterpicking schizo, he did his homework and studied as much as he possibly could to overcome the mistakes Cyrax players usually make in the matchup. And he won EVO for it.
It seems like I have been confused and we are actually on the same side on a lot of stuff. I just misunderstood. My bad. Carry on.