What's new

PBoard Player Wins Mortal Kombat 9 at SCR 2014

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
I can honestly say already, this was one of the most inspiring MK9 tournaments of all time. To see Pboard come back so strong after missing out on EVO's top 8 the way he did against Forever King was literally awesome. And just to see how much steeper everyone's ideas are is a small miracle within itself.

But what the fuck Cyrax players? You fools let Maxter and Han have a downplaying field day in the stream chat. :coffee: (j/k, you guys put on a great show too)

Salutations.
SCR MK Top 8:
4 Cyrax
3 Kabal
2 Kung Lao

And 1 Kenshi.
And a sonya but wtf is that ermac doin in there. Pboard ermac is so top 10 major congrats to pboard workin his way through some mk past monsters ftw.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I watched the tournament and was really impressed with how everyone played. It's like they never stopped. There were a lot of nail biters. Congrats to Pboard.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
That's awesome that FGA Mono made it there. SCR never disappoints.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
SCR MK Top 8:
4 Cyrax
3 Kabal
2 Kung Lao

And 1 Kenshi.
^^^
Balance , looks like top8 between the years of the prime of this game

Major congrats to @pboardplayer who I know wanted that Runback so badly he has a poster and FatHead (google fathead) of king on his wall that the Runback gods gave him the chance not once but twice and delivered w flying colors

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
Great to see MK again, bunch of great matches! LOL @ 16-bit trolling at the select screen after going down 0-1 vs King (great match btw). Congrats to PBoard (dat Ermac!) and everyone else!

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
Good shit pboard, you may have sent me to losers but thats not so bad seeing as how you won.
Honestly though the tournamemt was super hype, but as some one who went for MK9 I was sad at the massive lack of casuals after, but that is understanable the passion has moved to injustice. So now I guess I will finally buy injustice and end my demo batman gimmick.

Watch out Forever King and Nubcakes, the real batman of the world will arive soon.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
The Tournament was really tight. The competition was strong and like said earlier - most of these guys were in great shape. So hype - I've finished watching the tournament almost at 4 am but it was worth it.

Shit lots of come backs,
DJT losing to some tournament rookie,
PBoard and ForvverKing did fantastic job.

Long Live MK!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Shit lots of come backs,
DJT losing to some tournament rookie,
PBoard and ForvverKing did fantastic job.

Long Live MK!
All though it's Jeff's first major, he's been putting his grind in at EGP tournaments for a long time.

He def. had the experience needed to prepare himself for this. I always thought he was talented and I was happy to see him do well.