What's new

Patch Character Select Mode

If Injustice: GAU had "patch character select", which character would be your main?

• Total voters

M2Dave

Zoning Master
It was announced earlier today at SCR that Ultra Street Fighter IV will have "edition character select", which is a mode that allows the player to pick characters from previous Street Fighter IV installments. A trailer can be viewed below.

If injustice: GAU had an identical mode starting with patch version 1.01, which character(s) would be your main? Or would you use the current version of your favorite character(s)?

Vote and discuss. Multiple selections are possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

SZSR

Noob
I'd love to see Vanilla Kung Lao vs. Modern Kabal in MK9. In INJ, i'd give prepatch Scorpion and Cyborg a shot.

Reactions: gdf

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
You gotta consider the fact that the early prepatch version of characters would be prone to otgs and possible infinites by characters like lobo.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You gotta consider the fact that prepatch version of characters would be prone to otgs and possible infinites by characters like lobo.
Incorrect. The current version of the game is used as a basis (as Ultra Street Fighter IV will be used as a basis for the Street Fighter IV series). The pre-patch characters keep their crappy uppercuts, though.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
The only problem with this is that Injustice had quite a few system wide changes (extra damage on MB b3, interactable changes, wake up fixes etc.)

Having said that, BG and cyborg are probably the best choices. BG with her infinite and cyborg with his infinite.

Doesn't pre day 1 patch Doomsday deserve a mention though?

Solo_Is_The_Name

Flash In Training.
After seeing ULTRA SF I might start playing. I already have
Why is sf doing this? Please tell me they wont select whatever version they want in actual tournaments...
idk The way it looks it would be pretty hype if they can pick w/e version they want in tourneys. So far a lot of people are gonna pick vanilla characters like gouken, Ryu, Sagat, and Hondo as we saw at SCR.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Ninj would love this for MK9, i think we all would.

I would pick Pre-Patch Green Arrow, if the damage output change of the general patch didn't go away all together with the version.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Incorrect. The current version of the game is used as a basis (as Ultra Street Fighter IV will be used as a basis for the Street Fighter IV series). The pre-patch characters keep their crappy uppercuts, though.
But on the stream they mentioned that in street fighter an ae version character would still be prone to unblockables and all the vanilla sf unblockables would be present for the vanilla versions. The wake up buff can't be ignored imo in looking into this. you can't just look at the nerfs.. they are a package.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I brought up this discussion back in MK9 but no one understood what I meant.

Anyways when I saw this trailer for USF4 I thought it was ridiculously stupid. How will this work in tourney?

And for the online warriors such as myself, will there be an option to lock the characters to USF4 mode? Why would I try to learn a game with dated versions of the characters?

And for Injustice, I'll be happy with pre-release DS where his damage ranged in the 40s :tonyt

SZSR

Noob
I brought up this discussion back in MK9 but no one understood what I meant.

Anyways when I saw this trailer for USF4 I thought it was ridiculously stupid. How will this work in tourney?

And for the online warriors such as myself, will there be an option to lock the characters to USF4 mode? Why would I try to learn a game with dated versions of the characters?

And for Injustice, I'll be happy with pre-release DS where his damage ranged in the 40s :tonyt
For that, i'd like to see something like normal 1 v 1 and special 1 v 1.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
not even a question i would play prepatch DS. i honestly think he would have been fucking amazing if he stayed the way he did, top 5 definitely. i dont care that i have a shitty d2 if i got a sword flip to anti air! i always liked DS as a character and i dont find any other characters in the cast nearly as fun as him. this is just a better version of him. maybe in some matches i could use the better d2 and better wakeups but that would only be in the ones where i cant really use guns anyways.