What's new

Patch Character Select Mode

If Injustice: GAU had "patch character select", which character would be your main?

• Total voters
I think vanilla Kung Lao would beat modern Kabal. So would vanilla Cyrax.

Would anybody beat vanilla Superman, though?
You're forgetting that vanilla Cyborg had a fullscreen IA fireball block infinite lol. Hard to do but I'm sure vanilla Cyborg would mop the floor with Supes "at the highest possible level".

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
SF already did this once with the their anniversary collection version of SFII. The super turbo tournament that year at evo was broke with nobodies making top 8 using old sagat and champion edition bison. They never did that shit again after that year, lol

E

Eldriken

Doesn't pre day 1 patch Doomsday deserve a mention though?
What was wrong with Doomsday then? I didn't pick him up till 1.05, so I don't know too much that's changed other than his body splash hitbox being smaller and his trait cooldown being increased.

I would actually like to see prepatch deathstroke, prepatch superman, prepatch black adam, prepatch aquaman, prepatch batman, wonderwoman, batgirl, sinestro, prepatch killer frost and martian manhunter go at it.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
No. This game was not as good as it is now. This patch is why you Americans can showcase this game at evo.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Man, I selected KF because of dem trait cancels.......but if this was pre-release day patch I would probably main Deathstroke...

His damage was so insane before the update to 1.01, I think I had day -4 60% combos with him in addition to the strength of his zoning before the nerfs.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Lmfao. This has to be softbannable. I wonder if this means Vanilla SF4 Sagat/Akuma wouldn't be able to use U2 though?

mannnn vanilla kung lao had like armor to absorb 3 d4's if you did the whiff grab ex teleport
A Kung Lao player who actually knows a significant difference of his vanilla iteration? What is this paradox I've walked into?!

E

Eldriken

Lmfao. This has to be softbannable. I wonder if this means Vanilla SF4 Sagat/Akuma wouldn't be able to use U2 though?

A Kung Lao player who actually knows a significant difference of his vanilla iteration? What is this paradox I've walked into?!
If you use a Vanilla character, you only have their first Ultra as it wasn't until Super SFIV that they had an extra one.

E

Eldriken

Someone tell me what Doomsday was like before any patches, please? >.>

I'd remove the patch and find out for myself, but I don't know what I'd be looking for at all.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Someone tell me what Doomsday was like before any patches, please? >.>

I'd remove the patch and find out for myself, but I don't know what I'd be looking for at all.
Body splash had a hitbox that extended to the ground pretty much the moment he started the move. Like imagine DD's normal body splash, only instead of its usual hitbox it's got the hotbox of ex venom

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Why is Capcom doing this? I mean, it's a cool feature to add and all, but who wouldn't just use the best version of their characters??