What's new

Patch Character Select Mode

If Injustice: GAU had "patch character select", which character would be your main?

• Total voters
E

Eldriken

Body splash had a hitbox that extended to the ground pretty much the moment he started the move. Like imagine DD's normal body splash, only instead of its usual hitbox it's got the hotbox of ex venom
FFFUUUUUUU-

I want that. >.>

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
FFFUUUUUUU-

I want that. >.>
Like remember that triple cross-up thing I told you about? Imagine the opponent having to guess immediately and getting that triple control flip in the span of 3 frames.

That was DD's old splash. You couldn't AA it, you couldn't trade it very well, and blocking it was a pain.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
WELCOME TO ULTRA SAGAT FIGHTER 4!!!!

No seriously they shouldnt make the version swap the standard otherwise you will only see vanilla sagat and akuma at tournaments. It will be a modern shitty 3rd strike at tournaments if that becomes the case.

Patches swap doesn't work for this game. Characters were drastically nerfed and buffed to where it would feel wierd. But fuck it give me pre-patch superman.
Don't forget AE Yun.

Lmfao. This has to be softbannable. I wonder if this means Vanilla SF4 Sagat/Akuma wouldn't be able to use U2 though?

A Kung Lao player who actually knows a significant difference of his vanilla iteration? What is this paradox I've walked into?!
funny thing is I didnt main kung lao until the last patch where everything was already removed.

Why is sf doing this? Please tell me they wont select whatever version they want in actual tournaments...
I think this would be Capcom's way of saying to people potentially complaining about the balance adjustments in USF4:

"Oh, you don't like our balance changes? Well feel free to play against AE vanilla Yun in that case."

Of all these ridiculous pre-patch things, many much more stronger, it's still Batgirl that makes me the most salty. Not even because of her broke bola glitch. But meterless, safe, vortex.

"Oh dear, I'm in a vortex, guess I'll block low this time"

*Batgirl does an overhead, I lose a quarter of my life*

"Ok, this time I'll be ready for the overhead, and block high"

*Batgirl does a low, I lose another quarter of my life bar*

"hmmm, this time I'll block high AGAIN, and maybe I'll catch her alternating this time"

*Batgirl does another low, three quarters of my life bar are now gone*

"uuuughhh, not sure what to do at this point (flips a coin). Tails never fails! blocking low this time!"

*Batgirl does an overhead, my entire lifebar is gone*

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH".

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
If you use a Vanilla character, you only have their first Ultra as it wasn't until Super SFIV that they had an extra one.
Hmm, pretty much the same philosophy as the previous versions of characters in ST or HSF2? Fair enough I guess.

funny thing is I didnt main kung lao until the last patch where everything was already removed.
I figured. It just seems a shame that vanilla KL is forever going to be exclusively associated with "safe" (Cyrax would like a word with that) low hat lol.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Prepatch lobo had an infinite, so that would be broke.

As for mk9....

Now that the cyrax community has these massive combos....if you give him back bomb off command grab it would be a shit show. Any blocked jump in punch could kill you. No thanks.

This is when his body splash had that massive hitbox right?
No that's day 1 Doomsday.

The game launched with a day 1 patch so most people never got to experience day 0/-1 DD. But apparently he was pretty broke. Same thing with Deathstroke and a few others.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Of all these ridiculous pre-patch things, many much more stronger, it's still Batgirl that makes me the most salty. Not even because of her broke bola glitch. But meterless, safe, vortex.

"Oh dear, I'm in a vortex, guess I'll block low this time"

*Batgirl does an overhead, I lose a quarter of my life*

"Ok, this time I'll be ready for the overhead, and block high"

*Batgirl does a low, I lose another quarter of my life bar*

"hmmm, this time I'll block high AGAIN, and maybe I'll catch her alternating this time"

*Batgirl does another low, three quarters of my life bar are now gone*

"uuuughhh, not sure what to do at this point (flips a coin). Tails never fails! blocking low this time!"

*Batgirl does an overhead, my entire lifebar is gone*

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH".
Day 1 BG had an infinite. Fuck the vortex, just use that.

Also, she can take 35% per vortex round with either a bar of meter or a BG bounce. It more guess wrong twice type of deal.

E

Eldriken

No that's day 1 Doomsday.

The game launched with a day 1 patch so most people never got to experience day 0/-1 DD. But apparently he was pretty broke. Same thing with Deathstroke and a few others.
So, what else did he have that made him so broke if it wasn't just his body splash's ridiculous hitbox?

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
I would absolutely LOVE this for mk9... As a matter of fact, I personally feel like this would light a fire under a lot peoples asses and reignite the games current state...

@M2fool Please Start the cry baby thread thats needed for this to happen, as NRS only hears the tears, from tym..

VOR

Noob
What was wrong with Doomsday then? I didn't pick him up till 1.05, so I don't know too much that's changed other than his body splash hitbox being smaller and his trait cooldown being increased.
With wake up attacks not being as good it was really effective to get trait, a knockdown, and pressure people with body splash, f 2, d1 es, and d3. Pure top tier rush down. Some characters still beat his ass tho

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Obviously the only correct answer is low gunshots. Who needs infinites when you have low gunshots?
Correct. That is why Deathstroke is winning this poll.

But one must wonder, if there are so many Deathstroke players, why are so few defending the character? Nobody should appreciate the over-normalization of low gunshots.

Also, the "patch character select" begins with version 1.01, not version 1.00. I specifically say so in the first post.

Crathen

Death is my business
Mhh it's not an easy choice as apparent it would be , 1.01 Deathstroke was undeniably the best and easiest zoning character ever , low gunshots were -6 on block fullscreen and had dash traps on block with quickfire on some of the slower recovery dashes , 2,80% chip meaning he'd always be winning trades on block.

Trait was less usable for setups and was unsafe in 90% of the MUs , but it was good in the Bane and Lex MU , over 30% free damage on them after knockdowns , not clashable damage too.

But no invincibility on sword flip is a big deal , you basically could neutral jump his SS while still beating out the flip , mixup heavy characters with good knockdowns could harass him for free.

Super getting buffed is whatever.

But yea i'd go for pre patch DS , he was such a dominating character it was unreal.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Prepatch lobo had an infinite, so that would be broke.

As for mk9....

Now that the cyrax community has these massive combos....if you give him back bomb off command grab it would be a shit show. Any blocked jump in punch could kill you. No thanks.
Believe it or not, he might not even need the command grab/bomb setup, if I'm not mistaken he also straight up had an infinite in Vanilla.

But even going back to 1.04 would be huge, couple the now established metagame for human Cyrax with the buzzsaw reset, potentially in conjunction with the 2nd net reset? It'd be a mexican wave of Seinfeld reactions lol.