What's new

Opinions on netcode AFTER patch?

RoGE

Noob
I've been playing a few games over my friends house and noticed that the netcode is amazing compared to what it was the day before...When it DOESN'T desync. I still have a problem with desyncs in this game but when it connects, its usually nice.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Yep it's a million times better. Great for people like myself who live in the middle of nowhere with no MK players around.

Garbage. I still can't use klassic skins, 2P costumes, or kombat kodes without desynching. And this is supposed to be acceptable?

It's SLIGHTLY better in terms of input delay but it's still laggy nonetheless. It is still unacceptable, not to mention all the desync and game session no longer available bugs. Also, the DLC skin bugs and some players refusing to get the compatibility pack. All in all its a disaster and utter garbage.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
The biggest issue I'm having is with the compatibility pack not being a mandatory download. I paid for a DLC character that I effectively only get to use with my opponents permission. WTF, right?

I honestly never had HORRIBLE issues with lag in this game, but now it's rare that it's even noticeable.

Kwon

---->----
Much better! No lag at all!

Being able to do all the kombos without delay felt wonderful

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
It's SLIGHTLY better in terms of input delay but it's still laggy nonetheless. It is still unacceptable, not to mention all the desync and game session no longer available bugs. Also, the DLC skin bugs and some players refusing to get the compatibility pack. All in all its a disaster and utter garbage.
I play with new skins all the time and never desynch. Only problems I have are people not downloading the compatibility pack. Not sure why that's not an update they're forced to download rather than an optional download.

No lag but a Ton of de-syncs so no its not any better, if anything the netcode is worse. Offline may be better lag wise but most people would be more interested in the online aspect of the game because their not interested in joining tournys or playing their friends offline now n then. So it needs to be fixed soon or they will loose a large number of people who will just give up on the game because the online sucks. Hope that came across right cause english is not my first language :D

hardwire

Noob
any one that thinks the imput lag is better has an ez ass fighter

try any of smokes bnb combos or his 42% corner combo good luck

this patch was trash

JennyCage

t('.'t)
any one that thinks the imput lag is better has an ez ass fighter

try any of smokes bnb combos or his 42% corner combo good luck

this patch was trash
To me the netcode patch was a huge improvement and I have no problem doing 40%+ online with Smoke. Maybe your connection is just bad or you're playing with someone who has a bad connection.

hardwire

Noob
To me the netcode patch was a huge improvement and I have no problem doing 40%+ online with Smoke. Maybe your connection is just bad or you're playing with someone who has a bad connection.
you could be right i do have att they dont have the best track record

but b4 the patch i could nail them like i was offline now npe no chance in hell

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I doubt it's his connection. If it was input drops and stuttering then I would agree but input lag is just the way the netcode handles latency between people. You can't decrease latency no matter how good your connection is. The speed of light can only travel so fast but the funny thing is the speed of light seems to travel slower in games like MK9 and MVC3. The online play in this game is a pretty bad joke. The input lag is too intense even for local connections, don't get me started on anything further than that.

Cew

Noob
I wouldn't mind the desyncs as much if the game wasn't so laggy.

I hope they figure out how to reduce the lag sooner than later. I don't get many opportunities to play against human opponents around here, and the ones I play against don't play much so it ends up not being fun for anybody. Losing a game because jump kicks don't come out until you land is kind of ridiculous.

Subby

Frost Warrior
Haven't had a laggy match in ages. Much better. I can still use every single Klassic skin as well. Just don't like how they can delete the compatibility pack so I can't use Kenshi. :(

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
It's still shitty. It's good enough to be fun to play and matchup experience.

Theme

Noob
Honestly, the lag is a lot better than it was before. King of the Hill still is unplayable in my opinion. Even though the lag got much better, the input delay is still bad. I still cannot pull off an advanced combo, or block at the last second (how I play...). I'd have to anticipate it or else I get punished hard.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I just have to vent here. The online in this game is probably the worst online to ever be included in a fighter besides MVC3. The worst part is how much the devs claimed the netcode was godlike and lag free. Why can't I get even a close to offline experience with a player in the same state? WTF is going on that makes it so that can't happen? Did they test the netcode on a lan within the same building to come to these insane lag free conclusions? Wtf seriously?

I play good comp once a week. It would be nice to at least have a playable experience online with people within my state. It's fucking mind boggling how bad the netcode is compared to some other fighters. This is holding back the games popularity.

TyrantRave

タイラント・レイブ
Is it just me or has the lag, at least on the xbox, been awful today? It's normally bad, but not this bad -- I have like a half second delay on all my inputs now.

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Been excellent for me. I just make sure to stick to playing Ids that I tend to have great connections with. Its been near the offline experience.

leek

Noob
Well, before the most recent patch I was amazing besides the desyncs. but after the desync fix im so laggy i can't even stand more than 2 matches.