What's new

Match-up Discussion ONGOING Bane MU chart

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
As far as DD goes, he has the same problem as AM where his WUs can be stuffed out on the same timing by the same move. His backdash is booty, and honestly the worst thing he can try to do it force you to eat chip on withdrawl unless you REALLY can't block ES.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Superman I really think is a 5-5. The zoning isn't that bad and Bane's dash lets him get in pretty quick. Bane outfootsies him and can space him on debuff and when supes has trait. Our trait lasts a lot longer than his and he isn't going to be getting back up once he's down. DD, I have a lot of exp with this. The post MB Venom game could actually be in Bane's favor mindgame wise. We armor through all of his follow ups except another mb venom. We stall out his trait amazingly well with b1 and out amazing backdash. Our d1 and d2 keep him out of footsie range. I think it's a winning MU for Bane but I'd rather agree to disagree.

I keep seeing vague claims that his zoning "isn't that bad" and Bane's dash gets him in but yes it is if he's meter burning it and no Bane can't if he's meter burning it lol. Supes can run away just as easily as Bane can dash in, the only difference being that Supes gets to check Bane with lasers while he runs and Bane just has to hold that chase until he gets in.

Bane's trait lasting longer is also the biggest bill ever: Supes' trait doesn't have to last, he just has to pop it once to blow up Bane's at any point in time and usually leave Supes at enough advantage to force Bane to have to react again on top of that. So Bane has to press to chase the whole match but can't even press offense when he does get in half the time.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I agree with this but ive also seen him attempting to inform some cw players of a mu and what he thinks they should do and they push him off just because its him (ra helios). I personally try to teach him what I can but I just feel/know that u and others can do a way better job thn me.

Idk man. Im just the type that likes to help even if the person can be a jerk at times which he is...but we as men have our moments.
Here's my thing.
He's a great Catwoman maybe top 3. For sure better than me.
But the things he says and he can be so stubborn with his opinions. ( which is fine, to an extent ) but at least consider it. I don't think I've seen him consider what cw community says.
But tbh without him we wouldn't have some tech we have some tech we have today......well I probably would've found it.:joker:

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
As far as DD goes, he has the same problem as AM where his WUs can be stuffed out on the same timing by the same move. His backdash is booty, and honestly the worst thing he can try to do it force you to eat chip on withdrawl unless you REALLY can't block ES.
It's not forcing chip so much as forcing him into the corner. One mixup (throw, d1-d3, raw ES, etc) into a knockdown and Bane's in as much trouble as DD would be if Bane was the one who cornered him. Those wakeup reversals do work on Bane.

I admit I didn't know about the same move stuffing all his wake-ups though. Thought wakeup ES effectively stopped anything that blows up his other shit. Care to share? Maybe it will help push it to 6-4 for me.

Same with Aquaman. What blows up all his wakeups simultaneously?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I keep seeing vague claims that his zoning "isn't that bad" and Bane's dash gets him in but yes it is if he's meter burning it and no Bane can't if he's meter burning it lol. Supes can run away just as easily as Bane can dash in, the only difference being that Supes gets to check Bane with lasers while he runs and Bane just has to hold that chase until he gets in.

Bane's trait lasting longer is also the biggest bill ever: Supes' trait doesn't have to last, he just has to pop it once to blow up Bane's at any point in time and usually leave Supes at enough advantage to force Bane to have to react again on top of that. So Bane has to press to chase the whole match but can't even press offense when he does get in half the time.
From halfscreen, Bane can charge eye lazors on block. MB or not, its a punish on landing if he is in the air because of his recovery, and we get in otherwise. Once he is down, he is down. The zoning is ok, but its not great, and Superman doesn't have the mobility to keep away for long. His zone control is simple, and all things considered way easier than most MUs to deal with. If he traits to zone you out, you can laugh and fuzzy block dash in normally, honestly its not that hard to get around. If he wants to waste the meter, thats his problem.

As far as the trait discussion, what is he going to do? Open me up with his plethora of mix-ups? Or am I just gonna wait on level 1 to cycle while I block f.23 breath? Plus I'll be damned if I'm going to just let him trait in my face. He better already have me blocking.

Last edited:

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Well time to post something useful

Harley bane 5-5

I've played @AK SaltFace bane and trust me he knows that's match...

Harleys d2 is what makes it so hard. Bane actually has to block!

Double double punches get stuff mb uppercut double punch gets stuffed.

And guess what. Bane has a hard time jumping at Harley. D2 will beat j123 and sometimes beat body splash. ( most of the times when you have good reactions )

The post play doctor game in the corner is in her favor.

Of course who ever get KD by bane is fucked. But a neat gimmick. If you d2 into any move (what bane player doesn't on KD ) wake up slide~ts1 beats it for a full combo.

Its so nice having options against bane.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I guess I'm the only one that thinks, Batman, Sinestro and Zod actually win this MU. Batman can keep Bane out with batarangs and react to bane's attack with trait bats into a combo punish 6-4 imo. Sinestro can chuck them lemons, hit the vortex, and when Sinestro has trait it's an absolute nightmare for Bane to get in. His arachnid sting blows up normals cancelled into special moves or his meter burn b3 will beat special moves 6-4 imo. Zod has better zoning than Sinestro, can keep Bane out with meter burn lasers so that we have to start all over again and has trait 6-4 zod imo. Sure if we go to level 3 we can get around the zoning, only to go into debuff when we finally get in and on knockdown we destroy them (except sinestro, he has better options). But the problem is actually getting in, if you get the first hit and knock them down, your chances of winning are good. If they can stop you from knocking them down at the beginning, your chances of winning are very bad. Discuss...
I am a strong believer that Batman vs Bane is 5-5. Any advantage Batman has with bats is no more of an advantage than we have when we knock him down. On foot, learn to get comfortable using level 3 venom projectile immunity with f2d and command grab pressure and make him hold b1 lows. After that just block on debuff and try to make him waste bats on frame trap pressure rather than save them for interrupting armor, Batman isnt the hardest to block for short periods of time. With how often I go to level 3 in this match up I dont feel bad using a meter on a push block in debuff, hell, we have so much meter to spend I'll use push block with venom just to make him throw his bats away.

@YOMIxCRUCIALCRB

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
It's not forcing chip so much as forcing him into the corner. One mixup (throw, d1-d3, raw ES, etc) into a knockdown and Bane's in as much trouble as DD would be if Bane was the one who cornered him. Those wakeup reversals do work on Bane.

I admit I didn't know about the same move stuffing all his wake-ups though. Though wakeup ES effectively stopped anything that blows up his other shit. Care to share? Maybe it will help push it to 6-4 for me.

Same with Aquaman. What blows up all his wakeups simultaneously?
I have videos on youtube. As far as "corner" goes, you have 6 seconds to push me to the corner and make something happen. Unless I'm already cornered or you are content to throw your meter away on the wager you can do it, you aren't going to get that mix-up, and thats only if I go level 3. I can go level 1 and still do twice your damage at half the cost. If you're basing it on corner game, Joker 10-0s everyone. Bane dominates the flow the other 90% of the time, and while I can agree there is some things DD can do, he has to manage his meter. All we have to do is not go full-retard. Bane does more consistant damage, has actual mix-ups, etc. WU reversals don't matter much to charge or VU because of their hitboxes.

I'm saying its 6-4, as far as everything is concerned Bane definitely has the easier time in the MU. Its not as bad as grundy, but its not hard as long as you are on-point about your blocking.

As far as aquaman goes, what doesn't? B.1, b.2, standing 1, standing 2, f.2.d, just about everything.

HuntR

"Getting stronger... Much stronger...."
I have videos on youtube. As far as "corner" goes, you have 6 seconds to push me to the corner and make something happen. Unless I'm already cornered or you are content to throw your meter away on the wager you can do it, you aren't going to get that mix-up, and thats only if I go level 3. I can go level 1 and still do twice your damage at half the cost. If you're basing it on corner game, Joker 10-0s everyone. Bane dominates the flow the other 90% of the time, and while I can agree there is some things DD can do, he has to manage his meter. All we have to do is not go full-retard. Bane does more consistant damage, has actual mix-ups, etc. WU reversals don't matter much to charge or VU because of their hitboxes.

I'm saying its 6-4, as far as everything is concerned Bane definitely has the easier time in the MU. Its not as bad as grundy, but its not hard as long as you are on-point about your blocking.

As far as aquaman goes, what doesn't? B.1, b.2, standing 1, standing 2, f.2.d, just about everything.
Let's play DD vs Bane.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I want to see what he can do differently that could possibly change my mind. Prove me wrong
I don't know if you understand I don't care about changing your mind? You can believe what you want to, doesn't make you right or wrong.
Playing me won't prove much of anything, also I can only assume you're new around these parts since you just asked me to play you.

HuntR

"Getting stronger... Much stronger...."
I don't know if you understand I don't care about changing your mind? You can believe what you want to, doesn't make you right or wrong.
Playing me won't prove much of anything, also I can only assume you're new around these parts since you just asked me to play you.
Ok.:DOGE

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I don't see how b1 is an infinite for Bane against Doomsday's trait at all either. Trying to replicate in practice and whether I do b11 or b1 repeatedly on record as fast as I can with Bane Doomsday's hitstun is way too minimal not to be able to interrupt with a d1...

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Oh and no Bane cannot Charge a mb laser from half screen unless he's on level 3 already, which is not a good call at all if you're still chasing and not already in that ass. The mb laser hits twice and blows up a charge that isn't lvl 3...

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Oh and no Bane cannot Charge a mb laser from half screen unless he's on level 3 already, which is not a good call at all if you're still chasing and not already in that ass. The mb laser hits twice and blows up a charge that isn't lvl 3...
Block the first hit of lazor, use charge on block. MB gets soaked by armor, otherwise he recovers too slow.
You should re-read.

I don't see how b1 is an infinite for Bane against Doomsday's trait at all either. Trying to replicate in practice and whether I do b11 or b1 repeatedly on record as fast as I can with Bane Doomsday's hitstun is way too minimal not to be able to interrupt with a d1...
Its a bit of humor that apparently went over your head hombre. Also you might be doing it too slow. :joker: Keep trying.