What's new

Match-up Discussion ONGOING Bane MU chart

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
Hey guys guess what? No one really cares. Majority of us are disagreeing with RA and he hasn't brought solid evidence in his case. It's staying a 7-3 with or without RA's opinion. Until he proves Bane and Catwoman players alike that it is a 6-4, it means nothing. Get out to a tourney or take some names online. Otherwise be quiet.

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
Why are you replying to him? Best way to shut him up is not to reply. Don't feed the 10 year old phenomenal Online Kyle player.
Qwark I don't agree with things you say often, but I can get behind this 100%.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Murk you let us know what we're supposed to do. How can we "help" the guy who is convinced they're the best in the world but won't tell us anything we don't already know.

Hey guys guess what? No one really cares. Majority of us are disagreeing with RA and he hasn't brought solid evidence in his case. It's staying a 7-3 with or without RA's opinion. Until he proves Bane and Catwoman players alike that it is a 6-4, it means nothing. Get out to a tourney or take some names online. Otherwise be quiet.
Then tell those ppl to play him then. Im sure those ppl who bash the guy are the same ones who haven't played him.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I actually agree with Lord HuntR on both of those matchups.

Doomsday is one of the few who can chase and punish Bane's backdash with ease thanks to his own godlike dash and his shoulder charge. He can also armor through Bane's armor with his own easier than most characters or outright blow it up with a fast two-hitting move in earthshaker. The real playing field leveler though is that no character in the game is better at staying on dat ass at all times and those low damage reads of Doomsday's suddenly hit real damn hard when Bane's in debuff. The definition of a 5-5 IMO.

I also can't see how Superman doesn't win. His trait and lasers do matter in the matchup because they help him completely control the pace when coupled with his level of mobility and the advantage those tools leave him at. Few characters are as good at wasting or outright blowing up Venom as Superman is. His backdash and air dash force Bane to chase but everything else he does forces a cautious approach. Aside from the occasional combo extension, he only needs meter for lasers to force blocks, leave him at advantage, and buy time for trait to return. And his mobility and footsies mean he can check Bane's approach with trait cancels that blow up his gameplan entirely, not just from breaking armor but by also forcing Bane to have to react instead of press the offense. I think it's a 6-4 for sure.

Also Flash is probably 3-7 not 4-6, Zatanna has to be 2-8 (wtf can Bane do to even touch her?), and I don't think Grundy is 8-2 (it's rough for sure but he has options to armor through Bane's armor and his damage output means he doesn't have to land it often to stay in the match). Everyone also says Lobo is 7-3 also but I think mb hook charge is one of the better anti-Bane moves in the entire game.

So all in all I feel there's some up-playing but Bane's still a total force and only really loses a handful regardless. Definitely my favorite fighting game character of all time.

Murk you let us know what we're supposed to do. How can we "help" the guy who is convinced they're the best in the world but won't tell us anything we don't already know.
I agree with this but ive also seen him attempting to inform some cw players of a mu and what he thinks they should do and they push him off just because its him (ra helios). I personally try to teach him what I can but I just feel/know that u and others can do a way better job thn me.

Idk man. Im just the type that likes to help even if the person can be a jerk at times which he is...but we as men have our moments.

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
I guess I'm the only one that thinks, Batman, Sinestro and Zod actually win this MU. Batman can keep Bane out with batarangs and react to bane's attack with trait bats into a combo punish 6-4 imo. Sinestro can chuck them lemons, hit the vortex, and when Sinestro has trait it's an absolute nightmare for Bane to get in. His arachnid sting blows up normals cancelled into special moves or his meter burn b3 will beat special moves 6-4 imo. Zod has better zoning than Sinestro, can keep Bane out with meter burn lasers so that we have to start all over again and has trait 6-4 zod imo. Sure if we go to level 3 we can get around the zoning, only to go into debuff when we finally get in and on knockdown we destroy them (except sinestro, he has better options). But the problem is actually getting in, if you get the first hit and knock them down, your chances of winning are good. If they can stop you from knocking them down at the beginning, your chances of winning are very bad. Discuss...

I guess I'm the only one that thinks, Batman, Sinestro and Zod actually win this MU. Batman can keep Bane out with batarangs and react to bane's attack with trait bats into a combo punish 6-4 imo. Sinestro can chuck them lemons, hit the vortex, and when Sinestro has trait it's an absolute nightmare for Bane to get in. His arachnid sting blows up normals cancelled into special moves or his meter burn b3 will beat special moves 6-4 imo. Zod has better zoning than Sinestro, can keep Bane out with meter burn lasers so that we have to start all over again and has trait 6-4 zod imo. Sure if we go to level 3 we can get around the zoning, only to go into debuff when we finally get in and on knockdown we destroy them (except sinestro, he has better options). But the problem is actually getting in, if you get the first hit and knock them down, your chances of winning are good. If they can stop you from knocking them down at the beginning, your chances of winning are very bad. Discuss...

I agree with Bats and Sinestro. Zod I used to feel Bane won, but it feels more and more even as I play it. Could depend on the stage.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I agree with this but ive also seen him attempting to inform some cw players of a mu and what he thinks they should do and they push him off just because its him (ra helios). I personally try to teach him what I can but I just feel/know that u and others can do a way better job thn me.

Idk man. Im just the type that likes to help even if the person can be a jerk at times which he is...but we as men have our moments.

He gets ignored because all he does is tell everyone we're wrong and then post old stuff that everyone knows about or stuff that isn't even as good as the current meta. It's not about the match up numbers. There is no fresh out look or new information on these match ups.

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
Batman I can see but I manage that mu pretty well so I keep it even, 6-4 on knockdown. Sinestro I haven't had a problem yet, but I may need to play better Sinestro's so I can see that. Zod is even because the moment Bane gets in he's fucked. All are 6-4s on knockdown but that's beside the point.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Completely agree with all of these. Would rather pick Doomsday or Grundy against Batman any day (I personally think DD beats Batman actually).

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I think Bane loses certain matchups like Zod and Sinestro and Batman pretty convincingly in the neutral but wins so fucking hard on knockdown that they end up even or slight disadvantage all things considered.

Like its been said perfectly before, Bane - Zod is 9-1 Zod if Bane can't catch him and 9-1 Bane if he can.

He gets ignored because all he does is tell everyone we're wrong and then post old stuff that everyone knows about or stuff that isn't even as good as the current meta. It's not about the match up numbers. There is no fresh out look or new information on these match ups.
I agree man

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
I think Bane loses certain matchups like Zod and Sinestro and Batman pretty convincingly in the neutral but wins so fucking hard on knockdown that they end up even or slight disadvantage all things considered.

Like its been said perfectly before, Bane - Zod is 9-1 Zod if Bane can't catch him and 9-1 Bane if he can.
Yes. Knockdown when considered is what makes a lot of these matchups good. I don't mind if I have to put a few at even, all good I'll revise it now. I don't think Zod and Batman beat him, maybe Sinestro but I need to see it for myself. Thanks for the good discussion guys it's refreshing.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Yes. Knockdown when considered is what makes a lot of these matchups good. I don't mind if I have to put a few at even, all good I'll revise it now. I don't think Zod and Batman beat him, maybe Sinestro but I need to see it for myself. Thanks for the good discussion guys it's refreshing.
What about the things I said above for DD and Supes? I know HuntR didn't quite articulate his matchup opinion as well as you'd have liked but considering I agree with his numbers I tried my best to do so myself.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I don't even know why people waste their time trying to tell Ra Helios why is a MU bad.... He will never understand, just ignore him -_- his first argument is always "why 7-3? I can see 4-6 but not 7-3 explain why? This is not 7-3 but Lex is 7-3" (for a weird reason he always brings Lex beating her 7-3) like... Gurl go away

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
What about the things I said above for DD and Supes? I know HuntR didn't quite articulate his matchup opinion as well as you'd have liked but considering I agree with his numbers I tried my best to do so myself.
Superman I really think is a 5-5. The zoning isn't that bad and Bane's dash lets him get in pretty quick. Bane outfootsies him and can space him on debuff and when supes has trait. Our trait lasts a lot longer than his and he isn't going to be getting back up once he's down. DD, I have a lot of exp with this. The post MB Venom game could actually be in Bane's favor mindgame wise. We armor through all of his follow ups except another mb venom. We stall out his trait amazingly well with b1 and out amazing backdash. Our d1 and d2 keep him out of footsie range. I think it's a winning MU for Bane but I'd rather agree to disagree.