What's new

One Last Rant, Target YOU and NRS!!!

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
Ok, i wasnt going to write this, but i figure why not?
First off theres a few issues id like to address here if I may, and I hope that you the one reading this, dont take offense to what I am about to say.

Ive only Done 3 tournaments, first one being in chicago called fighters x shooters.
Then Seasons Beatings in Ohio, and now the last one NEC in Philly.

I live in Milwaukee WI, Thats 2 hours from Chicago, 9 hours from Ohio, and 15 hours or so from Philly.
I drove to chicago and ohio and flew to Philly, as the titanium on my back decided that for me :(

I cant phisically work, i have 4 kids and a wife, and i find myself going to these events, nec was the first time I spent under $500
needless to say it gets expensive, hence one of the reasons of me having to stop.
But if I can make it by saving up money, cutting back on smoking and other things to be able to make these trips....why cant you?

I see Lots of people talking smack about the VSM crew and even Tom Brady as if they have met them in person, it aggravates me to no end to hear and or read things here and elsewhere about these people.
At least they man up and show up to support the game and in some cases the franchise that they love.

I understand that some of you might not have JOBS, or money is tight, so please DO NOT TAKE OFFENSE TO WHAT I SAY, is those that bark loud and dont bite that i am talking about.
Just saying, if I can come from Milwaukee WI? and even some as far as Canada? So can YOU.
You want this game at EVO? you better get off your lazy ASS and make it happen, cus is not a done deal from what ive heard.

Now to NRfuckingS

How fucking DARE you!!! same applies to you as the rest of the people i targeted above!!!
I am poor compared to everyone working there, i can make the trip, why cant YOU?
Are you fucking for real? We support this game which in TURN FATTENS YOUR WALLET!!! Why cant you show support for us?
All 3 tournaments ive been, only the one in chicago we the MK crowd was not the laughing stock of the tournament...why? hmmmm...cus maybe you guys where there? kinda odd that those other 2 (and is more than 2 according to others) that ive been that you guys could not be bothered to attend, where not as smooth.

And i dont mean no disrespect to the people who ran them at all, they did all that was in their power to make it the best they could, but it seemed like Capcoms and Namcos supported their games, and everything went smooth for them, kinda like the time it went smooth in chicago for us....oh yeah, you guys where there cus it seems like if its not in your backyard, you guys cant be bothered to attend.
cus after all, who are we the fans? we dont do nothing to fatten your wallets at all.

Sorry but at NEC, the fact that our stream was fucked up due to other franchised games got the right support from their corresponding game company is just that...FUCKED UP.
Way to go....you say you listen to us, you say you take what we say to heart cus WE THE FANS are the ones making you sleep at night not having to worry about the electric bill and food for your kids. AND THOSE ARE ALL LIES!!!!!

And honestly, i do Hope you NRS and anyone working for it to take offense to what i say, is not like you will ever support the game many of us waited 18 years for anyways.
Amazing how I can attend these tournaments and they cant, TIGHT WADS.

Drizzy

Banned
Are you showing up to the Milwaukee tournament this weekend? Ps cool post would read again bruuhh

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
When the community itself and the fans are doing more to keep the tournament scene alive and above the drowning pool than the people who made it/say they support it, something isn't right.
I get that you already pocketed enough off the 3 million sales to call it a win, but is that really worth sacrificing the dignity and respect of your tournament players, out repping the first legitimate show-worthy MK game in god knows how long and keeping YOUR game alive, when we all know it wouldnt break your bank by any means just to send a few heads out to make sure we don't get buried in the sands of the fucking NamCapcom desert?

I'm gonna run this fucking point into the ground, because the metaphor fits.
Capcom + Namco = WWF & WCW. The cemented, long-standing regulars of the tournament scene.
Mortal Kombat = ECW. The easy-to-enjoy, psychotic-to-excel-in, dysfunctional yet brilliant alternative.
And if somebody doesn't step into the proverbial Paul Heyman shoes soon, things are only gonna get more difficult.
NRS, if you are indeed listening: we need help. Seriously. And IMO, it shouldn't have to come down to players reaching out on forums to the people who are supposed to have our backs like the gamemakers behind the SF/MvC/Tekken players sure as hell have theirs. If it weren't for Storms, Big E, Shock, Sabin, Summoning, everybody who jumped in on staff when the fit hit the shan pulling together and saving the show, we would've been fucked for arguably the most hyped tournament this game has had since EVO. Would you guys have cared? I wanna know. I really do. Because I'm really, really, really looking forward to becoming a competitor and doing whatever I can to help this game spread the word and evolve the scene, but without some means of support from the top of the ladder, we're gonna end up stuck on these not-so-high rungs for a while.

gdf

Noob
Okay, I feel like this is a good thread to ask this question.
Isn't Capcom the name of the developers and the publishers?
And Namco is the same isn't it? (Rather Namco Bandai)
If so, then from who is the money coming from to sponsor the tournaments?

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
Don't stop going to tournaments cause you're one of the most fun people to play MK with. <3

Flagg

Noob
Have NRS been that absent since Evo?

Not cool if that is the case. Their game made more money on it's debut than Capcoms, and now that they have the money and DLC sales, that's it? For shame NRS....

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
I cant phisically work, i have 4 kids and a wife, and i find myself going to these events, nec was the first time I spent under $500
needless to say it gets expensive, hence one of the reasons of me having to stop.
But if I can make it by saving up money, cutting back on smoking and other things to be able to make these trips....why cant you?
Attacking the community isn't too classy, IMHO, but I'll bite.

Could I afford to go? Probably.

Step #1: Redirect money from my summer vacation to Vieques to finance going to a MK9 tournament.
Step #2: Sell my sports car (which is parked during the winter) to purchase a vehicle that can handle the snow, allowing me to drive to tournaments, or at least to airports.
Step #3: Neglect my responsibilities to work (I work ~70 hours a week) to take a full weekend off, getting me behind so much that I cannot catch up.

Could I afford to go? Probably. Do I want to take the necessary steps? Hell no. And I'm sure everyone else has their reasons as well.

Goldi

Noob
I recognize you from gfaqs! I miss hearing about Alex Jr. Who is he playing these days? If memory serves, he had a viscous Reptile!

But on topic, I want to go to a tournament. But honestly, I'm afraid to go by myself - I don't really know anyone who would be up for joining me. Even if I dragged someone along on a favor, they wouldn't enjoy themselves. And it might not be a good idea for a woman to go alone.

Travel and acomadation aren't a problem. I've just been waiting for someone I'm on friendly terms with to say they're going.

jamessmk

I am your god
The community is very friendly and would be more than eager to help you out, speak with admin of TYM or other player who you see as top tournament players. Nobdy on this site is too big to help another member. Everyone has the first tournament, after that its addicting. Any question feel free to msg me or anyone else for that matter. Good Luck