What's new

General/Other - Raiden (Old) Raiden Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Oh man, that delayed teleport was the hypest thing ever. Raiden looks amazing, all 3 variations do, although as most, I'll probably use the displacer one. My only "complaint" (don't really want to use that word, but can't think of another) is he doesn't teleport by going down and then up as he always did, but it's just for a nostalgia factor, he did look amazing as fuck regardless
Actually it looks as if Down Up is the input for the teleport. You can see it in the video

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Actually it looks as if Down Up is the input for the teleport. You can see it in the video
Oh, it might be, but I didn't meant the input. In past MKs he dissapears into the ground and reappears from it, now he just banishes. It's a silly thing

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
I believe it was confirmed by maximilian, and could be seen in the first gameplay trailer. Scorpion would throw a double spear(EX) and then light it on fire after it connected (MB).

Edit: You can see it at 1:34 of that video

http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=h3BX-kSWJh0
Can you fix your link because EX is just the term for MB in MK. You have a meter and a stamina meter. That's it. EX, breaker, then X-Ray. There's no extra MB.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I believe it was confirmed by maximilian, and could be seen in the first gameplay trailer. Scorpion would throw a double spear(EX) and then light it on fire after it connected (MB).

Edit: You can see it at 1:34 of that video

http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=h3BX-kSWJh0
I doubt it, man. I listened to Max talking and he just confused some stuff I don't think he meant you can do EX and MB. He just used both phrases for the same meaning. I only listened to his first video, though. I didn't listen to his second.

Regarding the spear I think that's how EX Spear is in his Inferno variation. I don't think setting it on fire is a MB.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I doubt it, man. I listened to Max talking and he just confused some stuff I don't think he meant you can do EX and MB. He just used both phrases for the same meaning. I only listened to his first video, though. I didn't listen to his second.

Regarding the spear I think that's how EX Spear is in his Inferno variation. I don't think setting it on fire is a MB.
Nops, Scorpion has 3 spear moves in MKX

And for the looks of it it seems he can use all 3 in all variations, though is not confirmed, there is a high possibility that special moves that comes from variations are the only ones that changes, the existing one remains, this means, scorpion might actually have the ability to alter his special moves proprieties post use with aditional input:

Spear
Ex Spear
Hellish spear - Hold down after ex spear
Teleport
Flameport
Tele-fakeout - Hold down after teleport or flameport to become evasive.

Edit: Also, EX is MB, but i think he meant that now we could call EX to moves that are required to use meter at the same time you input the special and MB to the ones that you can use meter after you use the special.

All throws in MKX can be MB for aditional damage or juggle (cassie)

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Can you fix your link because EX is just the term for MB in MK. You have a meter and a stamina meter. That's it. EX, breaker, then X-Ray. There's no extra MB.
The way they work is different, though. In MK you have to hit the block button at the same time you hit the action button to get a EX move, you have to commit to using the EX version which might even be completely different than the regular one (Cyrax's bombs). In injustice the MB button doesn't need to be hit that early, it can be hit confirmed most of the time, and they don't cause so big changes.

MKX will use both mechanics, however you want to call them

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
All 3 variations have a lot of potential, but you guys best believe displacer will be nerfed really fast due to online warriors that refuse to learn the game...then they'll drop the game 3 weeks after lol.
Unfortunately I agree with this. Displacer seems like it could be so awesome with high level execution and reads. I can already see the cries for nerfs.

NobilityV3

Smalls deep.
I'm surprised how little his appearance has changed from MK9. Especially when you look at Scorpion and Sub-Zero and how different they look.

I still enjoy how he looks, but wish he got the same "darker" treatment as Scrop and Sub.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
I'm surprised how little his appearance has changed from MK9. Especially when you look at Scorpion and Sub-Zero and how different they look.

I still enjoy how he looks, but wish he got the same "darker" treatment as Scrop and Sub.
Raiden has been around for ages. He prefers to consider his look "Klassic" aka one that does not need changing every so often like the mere mortals. lol

@Eddy Wang

As I understand so far, the diagonal jumps aren't generic anymore. Scorpion and Sub-zero "air- roll" like always and mk9 of course, but all the others not. Correct me if I'm wrong.

at 1:10 of Raiden's video seems he jumps in a non generic way, then rolls and lands a deep kick into electric fly. Like a "double jump".
What's your thought on this?
In his latest interview Boon agreed that variations might play a role in walk speeds, jump arcs and other variables.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang

As I understand so far, the diagonal jumps aren't generic anymore. Scorpion and Sub-zero "air- roll" like always and mk9 of course, but all the others not. Correct me if I'm wrong.

at 1:10 of Raiden's video seems he jumps in a non generic way, then rolls and lands a deep kick into electric fly. Like a "double jump".
What's your thought on this?
In his latest interview Boon agreed that variations might play a role in walk speeds, jump arcs and other variables.
That was a propeling attack into Flying thunder god, isin't exactly like something specific to raiden, all propel moves have the same jump arc and most of the light characters do flip when they do that.

Propeling is a new feature that allows all characters to use specific parts of the stage to aproach this way, or to escape it costs 50% of the endurance meter though.

HeroesNZ

That was a propeling attack into Flying thunder god, isin't exactly like something specific to raiden, all propel moves have the same jump arc and most of the light characters do flip when they do that.

Propeling is a new feature that allows all characters to use specific parts of the stage to aproach this way, or to escape it costs 50% of the endurance meter though.
Jumps are now specific to each character, just like Injustice. For example, Scorpion flips, yet Cassie Cage jumps normally

Yeah you are right! Didn't notice he used the tiger thing to propel

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Jumps are now specific to each character, just like Injustice.
Watch the video and follow that he asked.

Though in air we do have 4 different normals, and they do 4 different things, yet they are still universal but everyone has his own air normal animation.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Oh man, that delayed teleport was the hypest thing ever. Raiden looks amazing, all 3 variations do, although as most, I'll probably use the displacer one. My only "complaint" (don't really want to use that word, but can't think of another) is he doesn't teleport by going down and then up as he always did, but it's just for a nostalgia factor, he did look amazing as fuck regardless
I love the look of the new tele!

Can't wait to play the new Raiden. He was my alt in MK9

HeroesNZ

Watch the video and follow that he asked.

Though in air we do have 4 different normals, and they do 4 different things, yet they are still universal but everyone has his own air normal animation.
He asked whether or not diagonal jumps are generic. The answer is no, they're not generic anymore. In MK9 everyone flipped in the air, but in MKX some flip, some don't - hence they aren't generic.

Status
Not open for further replies.