What's new

General/Other - Raiden (Old) Raiden Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
And I thought Scorpion looked good. :confused:
Raiden has definitely got attention so far. I love his design, his quotes, and pretty much everything else.
I know everyone is aboard the displacer train but I feel like you guys are overlooking Thunder God Raiden.
His combos so far are the longest and that could easily result in high amounts of meter being gained while dishing out
great damage. Its a shame we could not see the hud cause I am very curious if all those long shocks from Thunder God Raiden
were stealing meter.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
i dunno, i cant fault that, hes not lying if he really is the hero. raiden on the other hand, 'thunder' is a fucking sound. being a 'thunder god' is fucking dumb. thunder can not blot out shit. maybe clouds, maybe impossible lightning density, but not thunder.
I agree that "storm" or something would sound better. Stormlord is his another title now, isn't it?
Going from past experince only, with the amount of screen control he has I really hope they don't give him an overhead/low game on top of it all. From the video it appears he can limit opponent's movements and ignore zoning. A 50/50 game on top will probably be a little too much :(
I don't think I've seen anything resembling low launcher in this trailer, although there was his f4 that may remain overhead. There may be a problem if he can combo off low poke like Scorp and KK supposedly can.
P.S. To hell with poke launchers, m'kay?

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Guys, I think y'all are sleeping on the Storm God variation. I mean, yeah those orbs seem to take a lot longer than it should to be placed on the screen, but there are two things we need to know before assuming it'll be the least used:
- How long do they last on screen before being activated?
- Can any of his normal strings be canceled immediately into an orb deployment?
Let's just assume he has a three hit string that sends the opponent flying to the other side of the screen, and that last hit can be canceled into an orb, do you guys have any idea how big that would be? And what if that orb he just placed lasts long enough for him to repeat the same thing and place his second orb? Can you imagine the amount of area he would've covered and "secured"?
Now imagine his corner game! Geez, it could be NUTS. People could end up rather trying to get around Ice Clones on the corner than freaking Electric Orbs. lol
Not to mention hard knockdowns, they will certainly make the orb setups hella easy.

I have no idea if this post makes sense whatsoever. It's 5AM here and I can't sleep. lol

even then it only helped all 3 people in the world who could do it every time in a match. make that 0 people. if anyone claims otherwise i demand match footage.
rickybobby a 12 year old can spam those instant airs like a , cyborgs are fairly easily in comparison to zods, who can be done with due practice and a broken in controller.

Flagg

Noob
That delayed tele will create so many mind games. Delaying a teleport, then punishing the opponents whiffed 'whiff' punish. It will make people respect his tele more. I really hope its not stuff like that that leads to unnecessary nerfs, making the whole thing pointless.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
None of you fools noticed the delayed tele?
That delayed tele will create so many mind games. Delaying a teleport, then punishing the opponents whiffed 'whiff' punish. It will make people respect his tele more. I really hope its not stuff like that that leads to unnecessary nerfs, making the whole thing pointless.
If only Raiden had something called ex-sparkport that could do exactly that in MK9, if only...

Guys, I think y'all are sleeping on the Storm God variation.
C'mon, we're not "sleeping on it". It's not like the game is out for a year already and nobody uses Stormlord or something.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Oh man, that delayed teleport was the hypest thing ever. Raiden looks amazing, all 3 variations do, although as most, I'll probably use the displacer one. My only "complaint" (don't really want to use that word, but can't think of another) is he doesn't teleport by going down and then up as he always did, but it's just for a nostalgia factor, he did look amazing as fuck regardless

Status
Not open for further replies.