What's new

Official UMK3:TE Changelog and Discussion Thread

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Great news Kung Lao fans! The hacker sent me this:

KUNG LAO CHANGES for upcoming version 28:

DIVE KICK CHANGES:
  • Hit Limit reverted
  • Damage Protection added on whiff (Double DP if combo is >= 5 hits)
NOTE: This also sets it on hit and does so before the damage is done to the opponent.
Corner to corner juggle is now around 70%, midscreen is over 50%.
  • Fix damage due to "DP set to whiff" causing half damage on hit
NOTE: This sometimes does the full double damage if done on an opponent's wakeup or any time they are in the middle of a routine that resets opponent hit or block states which effectively removes the DP before it hits.​
  • Recovery on hit increased very slightly to prevent the corner JK,DK,LP~Hat infinite

umk_p1

Noob
Great news Kung Lao fans! The hacker sent me this:

KUNG LAO CHANGES for upcoming version 28:

DIVE KICK CHANGES:
  • Hit Limit reverted
  • Damage Protection added on whiff (Double DP if combo is >= 5 hits)
NOTE: This also sets it on hit and does so before the damage is done to the opponent.
Corner to corner juggle is now around 70%, midscreen is over 50%.
  • Fix damage due to "DP set to whiff" causing half damage on hit
NOTE: This sometimes does the full double damage if done on an opponent's wakeup or any time they are in the middle of a routine that resets opponent hit or block states which effectively removes the DP before it hits.​
  • Recovery on hit increased very slightly to prevent the corner JK,DK,LP~Hat infinite
awesome news!
did not get what properties DP on whiff DK has
let's say if you jump around and whiff dive kick here and there trying to set a trap, will spin or aaRoundhous afterwards do 50% less damage? if yes, then how long should u wait to reset DP?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
awesome news!
let's say if you jump around and whiff dive kick here and there trying to set a trap, will spin or aaRoundhous afterwards do 50% less damage? if yes, then how long should u wait to reset DP?
It looks like its only when you start combo from it, it activates damage protection.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
awesome news!
From what I can make of it, basically after the combo counter starts, damage protection kicks in as soon as you whiff dive kick, and then doubles up after 5 hits total.

@Konqrr, is this how it works?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Cross screen combo with Kung Lao is possible once again, at the sacrifice of much damage. It scales basically like a marvel combo now. If you are all the way to the wall and someone jumps at you, aaHPHP, JK, DK Whiff, Spin, aaHP, JP, Whiff DK, aaHP, JP, Whiff DK, aaHP, JP, Whiff DK, aaHP, JP, Whiff DK, aaHP, hat throw, JK, DK, HK = 17 hits 69% - this combo would have killed 3/4 the way through in vanilla UMK3. Replace the 4 JPs with JKs and it goes over 70%

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So, is other infinites and 100% combos going to be addressed? Such as, Strykers infinite, Reptiles volley's, Cyrax's corner air throw inf and 100% combos, Shang Tsung infs, and others? Reptiles actual infinite is difficult, but possible, same with the others.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So, is other infinites and 100% combos going to be addressed? Such as, Strykers infinite, Reptiles volley's, Cyrax's corner air throw inf and 100% combos, Shang Tsung infs, and others? Reptiles actual infinite is difficult, but possible, same with the others.
I agree with this.

There was a discussion in my country around those, where we limited Stryker gun limit to two shots, but i personally think is still a lot, so either way, he should get double damage protection after a certain number of hits, or of course the hit limit should come in to stop the loop, same as reptile and Rain's RH combos (wait, is rain in this version correct? you didn't mentioned him)

nwo

Noob
I think Cyrax's corner air throw infinite should stay. How often have you seen it really get out of control? Almost never.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
awesome news!
The hacker is trying to address this, but right now the Dive Kick causes DP on the opponent even if they remain stationary or crouch... so any followup move also starts with DP (LK,LK,HK does 9% if you whiff Dive Kick and land by them lol). It will be fixed, but that's how it is right now in testing. Sorry for the confusion, it's hard to explain something that is related to the hack in gameplay terms.

This is how it works with hacks like this. The hacker makes changes and the testers test things out and broken things get fixed.

Yes most, if not all 100% combos and infintes will be looked at... Cyrax air throw inf will go, but the free bomb infinites will most likely stay as they are near impossible to set up (and he NEEDS it XD)... this is where after release if broken stuff with it is found due to the buffs made to characters being too strong, they will be toned down. Shang Tsung GE infinite will most likely be limited, Stryker gun will have longer cool down to prevent the infinite. Reptile dash will most likely have a recovery on whiff nerf to prevent ridiculous stuff... but that probably won't fix the character specific infinite variations so maybe a hit limit will be added to keep it to 50-60%.

Relaunch combos are staying for now. Not sure if they can be removed without breaking how things work (jump punch hitboxes are the cause, hitting the opponent in the initial landing frames before the game sets the opponent "can block" flag).

Last edited:

umk_p1

Noob
Cool, thanx.
one more thing
  • LP now causes iceskate against crouching opponents in the corner *new*
not very clear is this on block? and after how many LPs?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Cool, thanx.
one more thing
  • LP now causes iceskate against crouching opponents in the corner *new*
not very clear is this on block? and after how many LPs?
Right now, to remove the corner infinite jabs, block stun on jabs had to be reduced. This also makes it so the block counter used to cause pushback after three successive blocked jabs doesn't work as the opponent recovers before the next jab so the value is reset to 0. You can transition from stand block to crouch block while the opponent is actively jabbing you but there will never be pushback. This change was implemented to make it so there will be pushback if the opponent crouches and it is one jab.

This change is temporary as it changes some core functionalities of run jabs and the corner game... what will be done moving forward is to return the jabs to the way they were, but to remove the corner jab infinite, if one jab hits... standing or crouching... then pushback will happen.

This is not done yet and won't be for awhile as it is not a priority right now.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Shock @Konqrr

with Cyrax's teleport having a faster animation now does that means that combos like (aaHP, aaHP, JK, Teleport(air), air throw) now will be possible?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
@Shock @Konqrr

with Cyrax's teleport having a faster animation now does that means that combos like (aaHP, aaHP, JK, Teleport(air), air throw) now will be possible?
This was the first thing I tried with him and I don't think it's possible but the teleport is really good now. Before it was POINTLESS. You want it to be just a little annoying to deal with.

I could probably screen cap some demoing vs the CPU on KN but I don't have any equipment at my house to do commentary right now.

Rabbit

thugs bunny
Stryker gun will have longer cool down to prevent the infinite.
Is that how they fixed it with MKT Stryker?

Speaking of MKT Stryker. The hacker should give him the on-hit advantage of the MKT baton sweep, cause that move was trash in UMK3.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
@Shock @Konqrr

They land before you can do anything.
Is that how they fixed it with MKT Stryker?

Speaking of MKT Stryker. The hacker should give him the on-hit advantage of the MKT baton sweep, cause that move was trash in UMK3.
I don't know what they did in MKT.