What's new

Official UMK3:TE Changelog and Discussion Thread

GetSpookd

#1 Enemy : Rust.
will Scorp get the Forward teleport then?
I'll make that as my christmas wish.

I'd rather him not have his current pop-ups, but a custom knee-starting 4 hit pop-up (knee, knee, last two hits of his current knee, DLP, DHP combo) and invisibility, and the air throw, but hey... (double DP on the spear if 4+, of course)
Now tell me that isn't the best idea you've ever heard :D
Stop, just stop. I told you already m8. Stop.

Everything talks about Noob being temporary. When are we going to get some kind of word on what is permanent move set is going to be?
I really enjoyed messing around putting together combo strings for him, but I don't want to waste my time

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Everything talks about Noob being temporary. When are we going to get some kind of word on what is permanent move set is going to be?
I really enjoyed messing around putting together combo strings for him, but I don't want to waste my time
noob will be mkt noob without being broken.

noob will be mkt noob without being broken.
With a disabler, and 2 throws?

Dammit man, keep with my idea and make him chameleon.

Or give human smoke a slide. Since his story ending he studies the ninjas...he's friends with sub so he NEEDS dat slide.

He NEEDS it

DWednesday

Undisputed #1 ScrubBot Worldwide.
With a disabler, and 2 throws?

Dammit man, keep with my idea and make him chameleon.

Or give human smoke a slide. Since his story ending he studies the ninjas...he's friends with sub so he NEEDS dat slide.

He NEEDS it
Weird, you spell Air Throw the same way that I spell Slide... :DOGE

Also, bringing up old news, TPU juggle fix plz :D

Last edited:

DWednesday

Rsmoke/Sektor TPU juggle thoughts: Having the TPU consistently juggle in a certain way.
A novel by me.

Having the TPU connect on the same side as the aa was performed (aka aa'ing on the left side in vanilla umk3)
Having the TPU connect on the opposite side the aa was performed (aka aa'ing on the right side vanilla in umk3)

Which would be better/balanced/preferred?
Thoughts?

Fin.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
H.Smoke is fine, his invisibility makes him really good, he doesn't need the airthrow or anything else for that matter.
He doesn't need it, but he should have it. A lot of characters have things they don't need. To me, the air throw is part of the character. Maybe make an air throw version and a invis version or something...

Noob
He doesn't need it, but he should have it. A lot of characters have things they don't need. To me, the air throw is part of the character. Maybe make an air throw version and a invis version or something...
I'll say this... One thing about this particular version of the game is that you don't want to be close to full screen against some of the more power zoners and the air throw does that. It's almost a saving grace.

RiBBz22

I'll say this... One thing about this particular version of the game is that you don't want to be close to full screen against some of the more power zoners and the air throw does that. It's almost a saving grace.
OK, I will accept the nerf of an added air throw then :)

RiBBz22

Does anyone want to body me on MAMEHub right now? I am terrabad but trying to learn how to play the game.

RiBBz22

@Konqrr I can not do Reptile's pop up combo into JK slide against Nightwolf, but can do it against a lot of the cast. Is this how it was in umk3 or potentially a bug? I haven't tried it against a ton of other characters yet.

@Konqrr I can not do Reptile's pop up combo into JK slide against Nightwolf, but can do it against a lot of the cast. Is this how it was in umk3 or potentially a bug? I haven't tried it against a ton of other characters yet.
Some of the players have different collision boxes, makes some combos harder on other characters

DWednesday

Does anyone want to body me on MAMEHub right now? I am terrabad but trying to learn how to play the game.
MameHub isn't recognizing my ports being open atm, I'd suggest 119, but it'd be about 150+ms between us :/

RiBBz22

MameHub isn't recognizing my ports being open atm, I'd suggest 119, but it'd be about 150+ms between us :/
I had to forward it on my router then disable windows firewall for it to see the port as open. But yeah I know it is kinda crappy...

RiBBz22

Because right now I don't feel like completing the 12 step process to fix hub. LOL

@nwo and I play across the country and have a very good ping time on one 119
it is actually really easy to fix. I did it in like 3 minutes. You copy like 3-5 files, update the application, login/audit roms, and past the old files back in the directory where they were before.

Noob
So for a change, I had some time to play matches last night. @R.E.O. and I played (after getting him set up on mamehub) and I have a few comments.

@Konqrr, please pass on to the hacker:

Scorpion

-I still think that his HP,HP, ULP combo needs a little bit less recovery on the ULP so that Scorpion can teleport a bit faster. That or give the ULP a little bit more height on the popup.

-To further differentiate Scorpion from H.Smoke, since Scorpion originated the Spear move, maybe consider increasing Scorpion's hit limit BEFORE spear to 5 instead of 4. This will allow Scorpion to hit land HP, HP, ULP, TP, Spear off of a JPS.

Reptile

-The dash move on passthrough is fair because it doesn't lead to much, however when you block it on a read, it's still very difficult to punish. This move is as risky and dangerous as a teleport for any TP characters, as well as him being able to use it for mobility like a TP ninja. That said, it should be just as punishable as a blocked teleport. On block before passthrough, the move should cause less blockstun making it as punishable as a blocked teleport.

General

-Spear characters: Scorpion, H.Smoke and R.Smoke - after successfully landing a spear, the stun animation is disabled if you jump. The disabling is similar, in the way it works, to a freeze, ground freeze (Sub) and net (Cyrax) without the stun being disabled when they leave the ground, and these three characters should be able to leave the ground as well without losing the stun after a spear.