What's new

General/Other Official Patch Notes for Bane Announced by Ed Boon!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
So his trait became Aquamans in a way? So while being comboed you can activate to level 3 and reduce the damage by 30% and now have lvl 3 wake up game.
This reminds me of the 3D MK games where if you were in your weapon stance and got comboed, you changed to a hand-to-hand style and took 25% less damage.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Ahhh, you think patches are your ally, but you merely adopted the buffs. I was born in the low tier. Molded by it. I didn't see a favorable matchup until dlc, and by then it was nothing to me be free. Paulo's patches betray you...because they belong to me!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
WTF, those damage reductions are absolutely absurd...How is this balancing?
A 30% damage reduction for 6 seconds after having to use 3 levels of venom sounds ok to me.. That's not much, if you think about it. It means he's still taking the vast majority of the damage (70%).

Now if it was a 65% damage reduction, then maybe you could classify it as ridiculous. But given the other traits in the game (getting out of combos for free, big damage increase, free extra combo/chip damage, taking absolutely no hitstun, free offense from anywhere on the screen, etc) it'd hard to see what the argument would be for complaining here.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
A 30% damage reduction for 6 seconds after having to use 3 levels of venom sounds ok to me.. That's not much, if you think about it. It means he's still taking the vast majority of the damage (70%).

Now if it was a 65% damage reduction, then maybe you could classify it as ridiculous. But given the other traits in the game (getting out of combos for free, big damage increase, free extra combo/chip damage, taking absolutely no hitstun, free offense from anywhere on the screen, etc) it'd hard to see what the argument would be for complaining here.
You mean like given Killer Frost's awesome trait? There are plenty of bad ones.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
You mean like given Killer Frost's awesome trait? There are plenty of bad ones.
I agree with you that not all of them are great; but that still doesn't mean a 30% damage reduction w/ armor for a few seconds is "ridiculous" as far as traits in this game go. Especially for a character that has to get in to use the armor and then takes extra damage afterwards.

Depending on how safe F2D3 is it could open up so much more than many of you seem to know. But that all depends how safe, really.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Mother of God. Why did people ever think he was low tier in the first place? Can't wait to get raped by a character that takes no damage, deals tons of it and has armour on everything.

Ahhh, you think patches are your ally, but you merely adopted the buffs. I was born in the low tier. Molded by it. I didn't see a favorable matchup until dlc, and by then it was nothing to me be free. Paulo's patches betray you...because they belong to me!

Greatest post on tym i have ever read...

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
The damage reduction my be just the edge he needs to win matches. Imagine if all the damage in one match is reduced by an average of 15% per match because of the trait. This is a very good buff for Bane.