What's new

OBS|EMP|VXG REO Wins Mortal Kombat 9 at East Coast Throwdown V

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Today was the first full day or competition at East Coast major, East Coast Throwdown 5 hosted in Morristown, New Jersey by SweetJohnnyCage and L.I. Joe. Since Mortal Kombat ended up with the least amount of entrants most of the tournament was held off stream including the Grand Finals. It came down to EMP|VXG REO who mains Kabal vs SonicFox, who mains Mileena.

Concerning REO's win...
His opponent in grand finals was the reputable and fierce young competitor, Sawnik Faux or "SonicFox". Sonic Fox was on a winning streak until REO reset him in Grand Finals 3-2.

reo.jpg

Whether or not the finals were recorded is uncertain at this time. We will update with the full results as soon as we get them.

Attachments

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
grats on another Win Reo, too bad everyone dropped MK so hard, why wouldn't people enter both?
Being in more than one game at a tourney can be hella stressful. You have people wanting you to play both games at the same time, your constantly moving around and playing matches. All of this for a game some people might have not played in weeks.

I personally am still entering MK for the hell of it but I understand why people wouldnt want to. Not only that but... a lot of people are not as forgiving about the balance in Mk9 now that they have other games to play...

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Being in more than one game at a tourney can be hella stressful. You have people wanting you to play both games at the same time, your constantly moving around and playing matches. All of this for a game some people might have not played in weeks.

I personally am still entering MK for the hell of it but I understand why people wouldnt want to. Not only that but... a lot of people are not as forgiving about the balance in Mk9 now that they have other games to play...
Most big tournys won't put you in pools that are played at the same time so you usually don't have to worry about that if you are only playing 2 games

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Most big tournys won't put you in pools that are played at the same time so you usually don't have to worry about that if you are only playing 2 games
Maybe. I think people are just hype about Injustice because it is new, I have a feeling people will go back to MK in the near future.