What's new

Noble Dragon Wins Injustice 2 @ EVO 2017!

Shaka

Tier Whore.
im saying your logic is bad. It's right there, just above your quote.
NRs already said they will be nerfing the top tiers next patch, what are you scrubs still meaning about?

If top tiers were OP unbeatable then Sonicfox wouldn't have lost using Adam period.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I find this curious as Dragon is one of the nicest and most likable people in our community.

Always humble and cheerful 99% of the time. Instead of complaining he just grinds it out and works hard. And he's not afraid to have a good sense of humor about himself, even when people poke fun at him.

When people who've never had a conversation with him are saying they don't like him... It makes me scratch my head a bit.

There are definitely things that matter outside of this game. <3 Dragon
I say this about a lot of people. Makes no sense. Never met the guy/girl in person but don't like them?

That honestly tells me that people take all of this gaming shit to heart (besides competition earning money) & need to understand that if they never met the person not to label them. A player's skill & character preferences are not synonymous to a person's value. I still say this for numerous players. Everyone isn't me though.

For all you know you & this guy may be the best of friends & he may want to travel places with you.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
1. Yes Aquaman is dumb, but chill the fuck out. The crowd booing at Dragon is retarded and childish, I don't know how anyone could say different. It's just such an entitled crybaby thing to do.

2. Nice to see the usual glue eaters on here acting as expected. I'd like to see someone else take this auto win character and automatically win. It's like you guys think he was running through a bunch of Captain Colds with Aquaman, he was fighting other dumb ass characters.

3. Yeah I would've liked honeybee to win too, but this was still an awesome top 8. Dragon 100% deserved to win and that's all there is to it.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
I say this about a lot of people. Makes no sense. Never met the guy/girl in person but don't like them?

That honestly tells me that people take all of this gaming shit to heart (besides competition earning money) & need to understand that if they never met the person not to label them. A player's skill & character preferences are not synonymous to a person's value. I still say this for numerous players. Everyone isn't me though.

For all you know you & this guy may be the best of friends & he may want to travel places with you.
Or, the only thing we have to evaluate this person off of his performance on stream and in game... and some of us aren't impressed by what appears to be the constant crutch of easy, top tier characters. Add in everyone defends the guy religiously and he just seems like a tier-whoring, overhyped player.

Would this opinion change if we met him or played a set with him that didn't involve Trident Rush? Probably. Does me not caring for him equate to me calling him Hitler? No. Don't act like it's insanity to form an opinion on someone based on what little you might know. And before this comes up, I'm not saying my opinion is etched in stone, but it probably isn't going to change until I get more data.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Loses 2-0 to Hayatei while using Ivy. Makes 2-3 comeback after switching to Aquaman.

Yeah, totally nothing to do with the character. Not in the slightest. Probably Hayatei's fault, lacking that MU experience. I mean, only 1 or 2 people play Aquaman, after all.
Nah son, that was all skill.
Allll skill

Skill

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Too 8 was awsome and was great for the nrs scene. Great character diversity, awsome play, different regions represented, varying playstyles. Dragon absolutely deserved that, he was the best player this weekend. And lol at these guys complaining about an aquaman winning it. You're right guys nrs games are the only games out now where top tiers do well in tournament.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I don't play IJ2, but I did watch top 8 last night and I gotta say, seeing trident rush 1k times was deflating. I didn't hear anyone boo last night, but I wouldn't be surprised if people did. Even the sound of trident rush is annoying and I'm not even playing the game lol.

DeftMonk

Noob
Dragon getting booed during the medals made me sick. I understand people don't like the character but taking it on poor Dragon after a really good performance is just bad taste.
Ya I agree homeboy just pulled out an Evo win. He deserves to feel awesome. Not like he used a game genie or some shit.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Very hype stuff, congrats to Dragon, Honeybee, and every competitor at EVO 2017! Dragon deserves this win no matter how you slice it, he played as close to perfectly as you can.

They said Tanya carried you. They said Alien carried you. Now they say Aquaman carried you. The haters gonna hate, enjoy that $$$$$$$$$$$
Lmao, I bet if it was up to you, Tanya and Alien would never have been nerfed. You can scream "git gud" all you want, some characters are dumb and you can't stop people from pointing that out.

DeftMonk

Noob
Thanks for proving my point about egotism on this site. Thanks man.
Bro I am so confused. You realize that the guys in the top 8 may be there for the experience, but also largely for the money. If someone asked you "Do you want to wear whatever you want for the rest of your life and get nothing OR you wear jean shorts everyday and I pay you 25k a day" what would you do?
You think your boy trump (profile pic) doesn't make decisions based on how it impacts his wallet? LOL
If Trump played injustice 2 at EVO I gaurantee homeboy would be aqauman as fuck.

Last edited:
perfect play by dragon. but damn aquaman is as boring to watch as dead shot or dr. fate.
It was so much more hype watching Honeybee win cause the reads the footsie and the conversions were just insane. Dragon played great Aquaman just kills all the hype.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
This right here.... is the EPITOME of what's really wrong with this forum and community. This egotism that is promoted and portrayed to everyone is just the tip of the iceberg why we don't have more players in our community and more players playing our games.

THIS is what's killing our community... not me or anyone sitting on our "asses," "...being self-righteous". I didn't even know criticizing someone's fraudulent win with a character that is deemed to be boring, was self-righteous but, I digress but I obviously have NO knowledge of what I'm talking since I didn't go to EVO and play in some tournament (and lose out on money which can go on bills, protecting my family, and making sure I succeed in life). Jesus, you got me Crimson.

The only thing I didn't like was that the guy got booed. Did he deserve that? No, but can you blame the community from doing it? Absolutely not! They (just like myself,) are tired of the EXACT same characters and the EXACT same players winning and going to the top. This doesn't help advertise for new players and won't do anything to promote our community...

Yes, because the guys in top 8 don't have lives and responsibilities outside of competitive fighting games, right? Nice option select.

Also...in what way was it fraudulent? Could you beat Honeybee with Aquaman? Honeybee is on Twitter, why don't I hit him up and arrange an exhibition? Since its so easy to do what Dragon did amirite? Skylight1 vs Honeybee.

No, him getting booed isn't justified. Can someone please tell me the source of these community cold takes? 400 entrants at CEO and we're worried about not getting new players?

Dragon isn't some old head from the days of yore.

Neither is Semij. Neither is Hayatei for that matter.

You're just making shit up.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Anyone else thinks that if honeybee would go straight to flash instead of mirror from first game he might reset it and win later ?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
In real life, there are consequences for your actions. You can try to cheat in a competitive game at your own risk, but when you get caught, you better be willing to face those consequences. If he didn't want to be boo'd at future events, he shouldn't have tried to cheat in a tournament. Maybe he can donate that 25k to charity to try to rebuild his tainted reputation.

This is stupid. Like....the entire thing.

I'm gonna start this post off by saying I'm not a big fan of Dragon, he's just not a very likeable character and I'm not sure why.

However, all this complaining is absolutely taking the piss. Why do you people care so strongly about this? He won, get over it. He used Aquaman, get over it.

How many other players in EVO used Aquaman? Probably about 1/3 of them, did they win EVO? No they didn't. You can criticise Dragon for a lot of things. But his skill, regardless of what character he uses, is not one of them. Hell, I used to think it was just the character when he first picked up Alien and started doing well. And he's proven me wrong in my eyes so grats to the little man
Gah

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Or, the only thing we have to evaluate this person off of his performance on stream and in game... and some of us aren't impressed by what appears to be the constant crutch of easy, top tier characters. Add in everyone defends the guy religiously and he just seems like a tier-whoring, overhyped player.

Would this opinion change if we met him or played a set with him that didn't involve Trident Rush? Probably. Does me not caring for him equate to me calling him Hitler? No. Don't act like it's insanity to form an opinion on someone based on what little you might know. And before this comes up, I'm not saying my opinion is etched in stone, but it probably isn't going to change until I get more data.
Youre putting words in my mouth. That's not what I said. I said that people actually name call & grow a dislike for a person for what they see on stream & in video games. If you never met a person then you don't know them but like to get personal about it instead of keeping it in video games. If you're not going to actually read what I say or try to understand then don't reply.

Edit: Stupid phone -_-

Last edited:
#ScrubQuotes
He's a scrub because he called Aquaman a brain dead character? Black Adam and Aquaman are the two strongest characters in the game and they are both mechanically easier than most of the cast. When there is an Aquaman or a Black Adam in a majority of the competitive games, they need to be toned down.

And congrats to Dragon for winning Evo, but pressing D1 Trident Rush to win isn't gonna get you respect from people.