What's new

No Injustice/MvC3 tourney at NLBC due to low entrants - first time ever

Flagg

Noob
This is so true supersmash brothers is alive an well with no online scene after like 100 years. These MK players bitch and moan when its them that let their game die.
Fair point. Perhaps this community, or large parts of it, is unable to multitask or has extremely small attention spans. Are a full 50% going to drop igau when ki3 lands? Will those people then drop that game and everyone drop igau when and if mk10 lands. History, etc..

Flagg

Noob
Also it seems a shame that everything for MK9 is assumed to be known and no new tech will come to light.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
For a community that claims MK was easy sauce, you guys spent an awful long time having your pocket Kung Laos get bodied by Kenshi and leaving Kabal's point blank buzzsaws unpunished for almost 2 years.

Actually, I just checked the join date on members saying such. Nevermind. :tonyt

Also it seems a shame that everything for MK9 is assumed to be known and no new tech will come to light.
This is precisely why patching MK9 is a waste of time.

If a patch were to happen, I'd give Tony-T a month, TOPS, before he finds another setup for Cyrax's damage resets.

Flagg

Noob
For a community that claims MK was easy sauce, you guys spent an awful long time having your pocket Kung Laos get bodied by Kenshi and leaving Kabal's point blank buzzsaws unpunished for almost 2 years.

Actually, I just checked the join date on members saying such. Nevermind. :tonyt

This is precisely why patching MK9 is a waste of time.

If a patch were to happen, I'd give Tony-T a month, TOPS, before he finds another setup for Cyrax's damage resets.
I'm over Cyrax as most are. I'm talking about the game as a whole. I just feel nrs games will be constantly dropped for th next flavour of the week. Scarlet was just beginning to rightfully shine but too late cause mk 9 is apparently dead. A lot of people here pay way too much attention to the self imposed community leaders on this site.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Well.. I still love both MK9 and Injustice. I only have time to be good at one of them, but I appreciate them both for different reasons. I think the fact that some people like one and some people like the other is proof that they are different enough to each stand on their own as separate franchises/IP, and that is a good thing for the continued future of both games.

I don't think of it as a competition, but more like a buffet; you have more choices available, and you can pick whatever suits you.

I appreciate other fighting games too -- I like watching SF, etc. It's all love to me. Less fighting, more appreciating each other. Regardless of what I'm playing at the moment I'm down to watch good players play good games, whatever they are.

The GGA tournament last night was amazing, and anyone who has any concerns about the newer game being 'hype' should probably watch it and be honest.

hecterrific

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Well.. I still love both MK9 and Injustice. I only have time to be good at one of them, but I appreciate them both for different reasons. I think the fact that some people like one and some people like the other is proof that they are different enough to each stand on their own as separate franchises/IP, and that is a good thing for the continued future of both games.

I don't think of it as a competition, but more like a buffet; you have more choices available, and you can pick whatever suits you.

I appreciate other fighting games too -- I like watching SF, etc. It's all love to me. Less fighting, more appreciating each other. Regardless of what I'm playing at the moment I'm down to watch good players play good games, whatever they are.

The GGA tournament last night was amazing, and anyone who has any concerns about the newer game being 'hype' should probably watch it and be honest.

jaym7018

Noob

GGA, The Break, and AKs tourneys all all extremely fun to watch. And full of hype.

Justice

Noob
*facepalm
First off, EVO is one tournament out of the year. Granted, it's the biggest of the year, but it still only one. Add to that the fact that the game lineups (including side games), demos and booths are politically driven. So go *facepalm yourself ;)

jaym7018

Noob
First off, EVO is one tournament out of the year. Granted, it's the biggest of the year, but it still only one. Add to that the fact that the game lineups (including side games), demos and booths are politically driven. So go *facepalm yourself ;)
But think logically for a second. If evo the biggest tournament in the world hosts 4 tournaments for 1 game wouldnt it only be logical that that game still has a pretty good following?

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM

You can facepalm me whenever you want.;) In all seriousness though, I don't think that UMK3 ever had any showing at a major that I can recall.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
However i will say UMK3 is not even close to as supported as mvc2 or ssf2t

It's not, and never was. The max entrants we ever got, at least in the past 5 years, was around 35. People don't want to travel for old games that few people play, and new players don't want to get into old games that hardly anyone plays. And UMK3 takes too long to become good at, so it's pretty much a waste of time at this point.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah...I'd rather have more patches with FREE costumes btw ;)(which they don't have to do) then being ripped off paying 40 bucks for a "new" game when it's really just updated, like Capcom does.

And Madden is old, lame and hardly big anymore it's the same game rinse and repeat at this point.

Injustice is fun, but I personally enjoy MK 9 more. You still need to be good, know what you're doing to win as much as any other fighter.

I'd love to see MK 4 get a revival(despite how hated it is)

MK 10 I'm sure will be better balanced then MK 9 but it's not like MK 9 isn't playable, it's fun, good and like all fighters about match ups. All MK 10 needs to do is A. Keep KL dead, don't bring him back and B. (Well IF Kabal should come back since he's dead too) simple. NO DASH CANCEL! Problem solved. Not to bash KL or Kabal fans but seriously, if you take those two out MK 9 is immediately way more balanced. Who would argue with that?

Justice

Noob
But think logically for a second. If evo the biggest tournament in the world hosts 4 tournaments for 1 game wouldnt it only be logical that that game still has a pretty good following?
Or it could just mean that Capcom is more willing to shell out to keep it there than other companies. You gotta remember, this is the same tournament that featured the most hype tournament in the history of video games! Divekick! :rolleyes:

You can facepalm me whenever you want.;) In all seriousness though, I don't think that UMK3 ever had any showing at a major that I can recall.
Really? I thought I heard about lots of side tournaments on here. Like the one some time ago where REO won like MK, MK2, UMK3, MKD and MK9 all in one tournament or something. All I know is, I hear the old school gamers talking about how UMK3 was constantly supported while the 3d MK era fell on it's ass. Here in Canada, if it's more than like 2 yrs old, it's collecting dust so my viewpoint is a little skewed.

RM Truth

Or it could just mean that Capcom is more willing to shell out to keep it there than other companies. You gotta remember, this is the same tournament that featured the most hype tournament in the history of video games! Divekick! :rolleyes:

Really? I thought I heard about lots of side tournaments on here. Like the one some time ago where REO won like MK, MK2, UMK3, MKD and MK9 all in one tournament or something. All I know is, I hear the old school gamers talking about how UMK3 was constantly supported while the 3d MK era fell on it's ass. Here in Canada, if it's more than like 2 yrs old, it's collecting dust so my viewpoint is a little skewed.

Suprisingly, a lot of people really like Divekick. There might have been side tournies, but they probably weren't sponsored by the TOs. I think the 3d games failed so hard, because they were broken as fuck.

Justice

Noob
It's not, and never was. The max entrants we ever got, at least in the past 5 years, was around 35. People don't want to travel for old games that few people play, and new players don't want to get into old games that hardly anyone plays. And UMK3 takes too long to become good at, so it's pretty much a waste of time at this point.
35 is more than what many Injustice and MK locals are getting these days :p

pherleece

Woolay
How could MK be a 09ers first game when it came out in 2011. And lol at MK being a hard game. And that fix it or i quit mentality is an NRS community problem not a FGC problem.

MK9 was a hard game? loMembersl. Neither Injustice nor MK9 were any hard. Don't kid yourself.

And yeah, it's an NRS thing. I never cry for patches or fixes and I'm from the capcom community.

(Kinda quoted the wrong post, but yeah this dude is right)
Members like you guys are the reason I don't post much on this site. You feel like you guys know everything with nothing to back it up. How the fuck would you know if MK is easy or not? I played the game 7 months after it came out and then joined the community. I though it was easy till I played against people that know how to play the game pretty well. You both joined the site in april 2013 clearly for injustice but you think you know enough about MK to say anything about. I'm probably one of the worst MK9 players in the community but I'm still sure I can Woolay your asses free. If you ask what Woolay is then you further prove my point. I don't care what your opinion is but don't talk out of your asses

RM Truth

Members like you guys are the reason I don't post much on this site. You feel like you guys know everything with nothing to back it up. How the fuck would you know if MK is easy or not? I played the game 7 months after it came out and then joined the community. I though it was easy till I played against people that know how to play the game pretty well. You both joined the site in april 2013 clearly for injustice but you think you know enough about MK to say anything about. I'm probably one of the worst MK9 players in the community but I'm still sure I can Woolay your asses free. If you ask what Woolay is then you further prove my point. I don't care what your opinion is but don't talk out of your asses

I miss watching STB Shujinkydink taking people to the Woolay show.

jaym7018

Noob

Dive kick is at about every tournament now. I dont know why you bring that game up. I dont like it, but there are people who do.

jaym7018

Noob
I know its easy because ive played mk sf4 blazblue and guilty gear extensively. There is a reason a massive chunk of the MK community only plays MK.

Justice

Noob
Dive kick is at about every tournament now. I dont know why you bring that game up. I dont like it, but there are people who do.
You can pick any game at random and if you look hard enough you will find people that like it. Does that mean it deserves attention at events such as EVO? Nope.