What's new

Match-up Discussion Nightwing Match-Up Discussion (1.06 and on)

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
The reason I suggested jumping back to @AssassiN with jump back 1 against Grundy is because NW can combo off of it, and it's almost impossible for him to air grab.

Even if he preemptively inputs air throw, the hitbox on jump back 1 is super difficult for him to catch out of the air. No matter what happens, NW is getting away with that button.

macro

Eezeepeezee
Now i thought it would be best to make a thread just for this matchup, because it's one of are worst matchups if not are worst. So guy let's put all of are tech and knowledge together to take this kryptonian bastard down!

Last edited:

macro

Eezeepeezee
So with Zod hes not that hard to deal with until he gets his trait out, but for now i will talk about just Zod.
You can out zone him out with ground spark wich is a big part of the matchup. Even if he does inst air Zod balls
MB ground spark will hit him. But the problem is with when Zod players will start doing MB low lasers then do
side arm or send out trait now the best option i found out of this is to do a raw flip kick, then
it will leave you and Zod at neutral and if instead of doing the gunshot he did trait you get one dash in. But that's
is still just a one time only thing.

macro

Eezeepeezee
Also Zods wake ups are simple to stuff with staff spin. But another thing that sucks for Nightwing is Zods parry like after a staff spin try and go for a ground spark cancel ground pound or a jump in so the parry does not hit .Because if you get hit by the parry when your in staff pressure your going to be
sent five feet away in staff, and that will not be a fun time. two more things about Zods down 4 in trait is -13 so your best punish in escrima is B2 and your best punish in staff is 1 also the best way to play the matchup is to be very very passive aggressive.

macro

Eezeepeezee
why is this a thread. theres a MU thread

also if you want zod players to like discuss stuff tag them or tag people like @AK L0rdoftheFLY who fight Zod players.
For one i didn't want it to be in this tread becuase this is a very long discussion that we should be talking about. And the Nightwing community has such a big A.D.D problem,
because one guy will say some stupid shit and any thing that we where doing before is forgotten so since this is such a big matchup even in tournaents
i would like it to not be stoped by stupid shit.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Also Zods wake ups are simple to stuff with staff spin. But another thing that sucks for Nightwing is Zods parry like after a staff spin try and go for a ground spark cancel ground pound or a jump in so the parry does not hit .Because if you get hit by the parry when your in staff pressure your going to be
sent five feet away in staff, and that will not be a fun time. two more things about Zods down 4 in trait is -13 so your best punish in escrima is B2 and your best punish in staff is 1 also the best way to play the matchup is to be very very passive aggressive.
If d4 is negative 13 then b2 won't punish. F213 is your punish, or 22 for a really frame tight punish