What's new

Match-up Discussion Nightwing Match-Up Discussion (1.06 and on)

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
So what Ds players have you d1cks played that make you think its 6-4 his favor?

Nw DOES outzone him, the only way he regains the zoning battle is neutral/foward jumping a spark then returning fire. Even then, block either gun shot, low/high, and you can take the zone back, with either a trade or a hit in our favor, also some ds players love the low gun shots, if you get them in a rhythm that you want them to dance to, wings dings every once in awhile can be annoying and have them thinking. So they'll *insert gunshot of choice on the ground, then air gunshot. stance cancel mb gp and you can keep zoning ot use FG to get in then, do what nw do.

Curious d1cks: But dirty, what if they have the lead and just run like hoes..

Well, let me give an example.. Even on one of the bigger stages like the one with mobile robot that goes back n forth, i will literally walk his ass to the corner, walk block, dash block, block a few mb gun shots into bomb, keep walking.. The chip on gun shots is flat out laughable, and nothing to fear. Then, once we get them close or anywhere near the corner, they'll either panic attack, or try to play the footsie war. And D1ck with staff out just doesnt fear anyone when we have someone cornered..

Idk why any of you are doing flip kick on ds lol! On knock down, sit at a certain range wait for air spin < They must be stupid ever using this on wu, or ground spin.. Nw's staff S1 Is SO FUCKIN SEXY.. Im suprised more d1cks dont use this as a footsie tool..

Ramble,,,,, OVA :)

Last edited:

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
So what Ds players have you d1cks played that make you think its 6-4 his favor?

Nw DOES outzone him, the only way he regains the zoning battle is neutral jumping a spark then returning fire. Even then, block either gun shot, low/high, and you can take the zone back, with either a trade or a hit in our favor, also some ds players love the low gun shots, if you get them in a rhythm that you want them to dance to, wings dings every once in awhile can be annoying and have them thinking. So they'll *insert gunshot of choice on the ground, then air gunshot. stance cancel mb gp and you can keep zoning ot use FG to get in then, do what nw do.

Curious d1cks: But dirty, what if they have the lead and just run like hoes..

Well, let me give an example.. Even on one of the bigger stages like the one with mobile robot that goes back n forth, i will literally walk his ass to the corner, walk block, dash block, block a few mb gun shots into bomb, keep walking.. The chip on gun shots is flat out laughable, and nothing to fear. Then, once we get them close or anywhere near the corner, they'll either panic attack, or try to play the footsie war. And D1ck with staff out just doesnt fear anyone when cornered..

Idk why any of you are doing flip kick on ds lol! On knock down, sit at a certain range wait for air spin < They must be stupid ever using this on wu, or ground spin.. Nw's staff S1 Is SO FUCKIN SEXY.. Im suprised more d1cks dont use this as a footsie tool..

Ramble,,,,, OVA :)

Yea thats what I'm saying

Staff 1 into ground pound gives NW tons of options at neutral.

as for DS zoning, I don't try to stay full screen against DS but you have options to fight back and advance forward, which where NW gains control of space and DS will have his back to the corner, but as scary NW is in the corner, so is DS. That MU is 5-5 imo also.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Yea thats what I'm saying

Staff 1 into ground pound
I feel like no one is getting that Deathstroke (and Batman )are able to jump out of this free. That's a big deal.

Btw, the only person i feel NW successfully outzones is Joker, GA, Lex Luthor and NW.

LEGEND

YES!
So play some Nightwings to find out. You act like Flash 7-3 NW. You went from saying Flash that Flash out footsies to NW to now say Flash has slightly better footsies. This is the way too inconsistent to understand what you're trying to say. I think the match up is an even 5-5.

Flipkick MB gets punished by what? Its 0 on block. You make no sense, you can't say "This gets punished" and end your statement on that. explain yourself or show footage. What are his unstoppable footsies that can't be out poked by Nightwing? B22? D12? all that gets poked out from any distance.
im not saying its 7-3. Saying a character gets out footsied doesn't mean they have no options, just that their options aren't equal. "slightly out footsied" and "out footsied" are the same thing, there is no inconsistency. Also, i don't want to have to name drop every time someone doesn't understand what they're talking about.

Flip kick wiffs alot of the time, won't cross up and can be interrupted on reaction. Much like Flash's own Sonic Pound in some MUs
I feel like no one is getting that Deathstroke (and Batman )are able to jump out of this free. That's a big deal.
Well NW could just blow that up on read. I don't think its that big a deal

Last edited:

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Give this man a cookie, and a happy ending @WonderChef

What i mean by using staff s1, is using it as a whiff punisher. If players are gonna take that chance of jumping out, completely ignoring the 1f1 or 1b1 or 1d1 or 1 spin or 1 stop, 1 again into whatever or 1 "YOLO" fg <lol Then, by all means i bow and will never use S1 as a punisher.

Shaazzyam

It works both ways. The only way NW punishes it would be Flying grayson. However, if DS chooses to not jump its full combo punishable. If he gets hit its like 10% and he's fullscreen. Look at the risk/reward.
Standing 1 into Ground pound MB or regular GP is a standard pressure tool in staff. We need it.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
It works both ways. The only way NW punishes it would be Flying grayson. However, if DS chooses to not jump its full combo punishable. If he gets hit its like 10% and he's fullscreen. Look at the risk/reward.
Standing 1 into Ground pound MB or regular GP is a standard pressure tool in staff. We need it.
what about j2? that should catch someone for a full combo

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™

What i mean by using staff s1, is using it as a whiff punisher. If players are gonna take that chance of jumping out, completely ignoring the 1f1 or 1b1 or 1d1 or 1 spin or 1 stop, 1 again into whatever or 1 "YOLO" fg <lol Then, by all means i bow and will never use S1 as a punisher.
Who knew a day would come when DIRTY would be making sense! Maybe it's time for me to find a new game =[

Shaazzyam

I'm pretty sure DS can jump out of 1f1 GP the same way. And 1f2, 1b1 1d3 are block strings at certain ranges so they can't jump out and youre at negative or neutral frames. I don't know what you're going on about Dirty.

And Chef, do you mean Standing 1to bait a jump then j2?

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Shazzy shazzy.. Hit confirm

The rest of what you said, if theyre good, and know how to block after repeated tries or even after the first try with the 1f1. Then 1f1 j1 into *insert combo and or block string* Or s1 into j1 or 2 orrrrrrrrrrrrr

Just watch my match with Viking. I lost the matcj cause of a bad read at the end, but the corner where i drain his whole life bar is"SOME" of what im talking about bro.

@EGP Wonder_Chef I dont know how you were able to understand this, and not some others.. Can you make this crystal clear for the masses, my son.

Last edited:

Shaazzyam

Shazzy shazzy.. Hit confirm

The rest of what you said, if theyre good, and know how to block after repeated tries or even after the first try with the 1f1. Then 1f1 j1 into *insert combo and or block string* Or s1 into j1 or 2 orrrrrrrrrrrrr

Just watch my match with Viking. I lost the matcj cause of a bad read at the end, but the corner where i drain his whole life bar is"SOME" of what im talking about bro.

@EGP Wonder_Chef I dont know how you were able to understand this, and not some others.. Can you make this crystal clear for the masses, my son.
Hit confirm what? You can't react to whether they are going to jump or not. You have to make a read.

As for Chef's question, no. You can't punish a jump in time after a whiffed groundpound.

AssassiN

Noob
Can someone tell me what NW can do against Grundy pressure?
His D2~Trait grab, 1~Trait grab is something I keep falling for.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Can someone tell me what NW can do against Grundy pressure?
His D2~Trait grab, 1~Trait grab is something I keep falling for.
D2 trait grab is something you just have to get used to up backing on reaction.

Stand 1 trait throw you just have to eat, because if you try and up back that 112 into mb swamp feet connects, and the damage from the command grab is 100% better to take.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
There's absolutely no way on earth cyborg beats nw 7-3. I've played it offline against relaxedstate and it's 6-4 cyborg at worst. Cyborg cannot compete with nw at all up close, if cyborg had some form of mixup up close then maybe it could be 3-7.

Also lex is 5-5 IMO. I've played @rev0lver a ton and last time I checked we said it was even.