What's new

Tech Nightwing - Corner Wakeup Reversals

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
If we can find a way to end our combos into a hard knockdown/situation that can't be mitigated by a roll and reverses wakeups Nightwing is going to become insanely ferocious.
Hmm you gave me an idea to try messing with the Staff Spin on the corner... Let's hope I'll find something lol

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
@macro

Find a midscreen setup and I will give you midwestern props :p
You Dare question Midwest Dick!? lol

OK here are some midscreens

any starter works I just use f213 cause its generic.
F213,F3, u3 Works every time and takes no excursion
F213, F3, dash under, 223
any midscreen B3 can go to j2, u3 or 223
Mb flipkick B3, j2, u3 or 223

there are more but these are the ones that come to mind

gpmoney

OK videos are up (some of them are still being processed in YouTube though):
So when you do a D3 then do an empty jump in immediately shit becomes hilarious. The hitboxes of the moves reverse if they do the inputs too early and if they delay the inputs then the inputs get reversed because Nightwing has crossed up already.
This doesn't work on all moves but it works on most of them and maybe we can finish a combo with D3 and make this practical?
Here are some stuff:

Lift whiffs because the hitbox is reversed just like the Rocket

@TakeAChance this thread has turned out to be multiple setups.. Maybe you could ask one of the mods to rename the thread to something more general and update the OP to be like a general NW corner wakeup reversal thread?
<3 I hate GL

Braindead

HA HA HA!
Lawlz I found something super dirty.
After a Staff Spin in the corner if you stance cancel the staff spin then do a U3 it crosses up AND reverses the wake-up inputs AND it keeps them in the corner AND you can follow it up on hit with the dash forward for another wakeup reversal just as in the tech @TakeAChance showed in the OP!!! Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatt?!?!?!

VIDEO COMING UPPPP!!!!

gpmoney

HA HA HA!
After a Staff Spin in the corner if you stance cancel the staff spin then do a U3 it crosses up AND reverses the wake-up inputs AND it keeps them in the corner AND you can follow it up on hit with the dash forward for another wakeup reversal just as in the tech @TakeAChance showed in the OP!!! Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatt?!?!?!

VIDEO COMING UPPPP!!!!
I always end my staff spins in this :3

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
HA HA HA!

VIDEO COMING UPPPP!!!!

I thought all of this was covered in other threads? The dashing WU reversal, cross-up U3 after staff spin (you can also crossup U3D3 too) Or am i just crazy?

Braindead

I thought all of this was covered in other threads? The dashing WU reversal, cross-up U3 after staff spin (you can also crossup U3D3 too) Or am i just crazy?
I didn't see it in any of the threads.
This is why we need to make a stickied thread where all the good techs are gathered in one place instead of having to search through the entire forums to find stuff :S

Braindead

Well a question then, if after a staff spin, which is the usual combo ender, in the corner we can U3 which basically kills the opponents wakeup game because they have to reverse the wakeup inputs pre-emptively, why are we still looking how to reverse the wakeups on corner?
Also the U3 after the staff spin can be a bit delayed for it not to cross up which basically makes it a 50/50...
I don't know it feels like the corner game is complete. What am I missing?

gpmoney

Well a question then, if after a staff spin, which is the usual combo ender, in the corner we can U3 which basically kills the opponents wakeup game because they have to reverse the wakeup inputs pre-emptively, why are we still looking how to reverse the wakeups on corner?
Also the U3 after the staff spin can be a bit delayed for it not to cross up which basically makes it a 50/50...
depending on the juggle of the combo staff spins knock down changes. Causes them to tech faster. I usually do U3xxx d1 B2 (crosses up) or u3 d3. I pretty much just freestyle and go with whatever I get lol

its never a bad thing to have 'too' many options ;) lol

Braindead

depending on the juggle of the combo staff spins knock down changes. Causes them to tech faster. I usually do U3xxx d1 B2 (crosses up) or u3 d3. I pretty much just freestyle and go with whatever I get lol

its never a bad thing to have 'too' many options ;) lol
Ah man I don't know. I feel emo that I didn't know about the U3 after the staff spin in the corner before while apparently everyone uses it. I have seen in a thread before that after a SS you can switch to escrima the do a F3 and it crosses up but the timing on that is weird and it usually whiffs with me. The U3 looks amazing and it reverses the wake up inputs and it's safe so it sounds like that's all I need.

AssassiN

Noob
HA HA HA!

VIDEO COMING UPPPP!!!!
Yeah, I found this a while back. Work with 113 as well.
Posted about it, don't get credit :(.

This doesn't work against the likes of DS, some characters with advancing moves get away as well(Flash, ...).

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
You Dare question Midwest Dick!? lol

OK here are some midscreens

any starter works I just use f213 cause its generic.
F213,F3, u3 Works every time and takes no excursion
F213, F3, dash under, 223
any midscreen B3 can go to j2, u3 or 223
Mb flipkick B3, j2, u3 or 223

there are more but these are the ones that come to mind
All Rollable :( No midwest props yet.

Corner game is fine. We need the midscreen reversal dirt.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight

This doesn't work against the likes of DS, some characters with advancing moves get away as well(Flash, ...).
The reversal setups in the OP do.

Braindead

How have I not seen it before?! I swear we need to do something about the NW forums and tidy everything up it's a mess you can't find anything when you try to look. Who is supposed to be the NW forums moderator? @GuamoKun? I am calling him out!

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
Ive posted about this stuff in like july of last year.
Bam! Dick'd em. Stay 10-0'd in meta chance.
Edit: posted it in april.

Last edited:

Braindead

:(
Corner game is fine. We need the midscreen reversal dirt.
I have a feeling that we won't because that was deliberately made. NW is an oki-based character right? If he can reverse wakeups anywhere on the screen he would be broken. At least that's my take on why they made his D3s knock the opponent that far.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
@TakeAChance
Funny how you shift the point in discussion just like back then. But you got me there, buddy. I could not find a midscreen combo with a full 113 ender (just the crappy 11(3)xxspark cancel stuff).
I did however find various ways to corner carry from midscreen and set this up AND i actually explored NW's and opponents options after the hard knockdown.

Chimbz

I named my dick Grayson
I have a midscreen corps hop setup. If timed properly, some wake-up whiff (Am, kf, joker, GL, these are the only ones I tested)

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it works on wakeups that don't change the position of your opponent. I haven't tested it but I'm pretty sure it won't work on wakeups such as zod charge or lighting charge

Braindead

A well-timed B2 after a 113 knockdown in the corner reverses the wake-up, Just like the dash (or spark dash cancel).
It also works instead of the dash after a naked U3.

I don't know if it's better than the dash or if there's any difference/advantage/disadvantage, but I just thought I'd mention it.