What's new

Tech Nightwing - Corner Wakeup Reversals

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Look at the hight. I used to use this pre patch but stopped cause I sucked then lol. any combo with a low enough juggle state ended in 113 can be reversed with spark cancel, dash F. Even staff to Escrima conversions like

staff Corner:
J2,2,B3, jb 3, D2, 4xx EF, d2, EF, 113

you can spark and dash FWRD for the same result. once you get used to it you will notice the juggle timing and do it alot.
why...in all the videos and matches I have every watched...have a never seen another NW do this?

edit...ANY NW do this

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
why...in all the videos and matches I have every watched...have a never seen another NW do this?

edit...ANY NW do this
Mello used to do this at our Locals here. It is on cam but Idk what vid it was lol. ask @macro or @Shaazzyam I try this alot but suck at it lol.

IDK who it was who told me this bu tI remember someone posting it b4. I think @HeroesNZ had it on his YouTube

Chimbz

I named my dick Grayson
SMH hipster! lol
It is really good on Doomsday and bane
I had trouble with HG :mad:
Fuck that bitch! That MU is the most boring MU ever, in any fighting game! All I do is ground spark cancels to build meter and dash forward j3 wing dings to catch them off guard. I don't even bother trying to get the corner lol

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Any of you test if this is left/right corner specific or stage specific? Not all corners are created equal in this game. The set-up might not work on certain stages or in certain corners.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I posted in the thread, I do not feel like a dumbass at all.

Contrary to the original post, this does work with advancing wakeups (except hawkgirls because she pops backwards, so it will work even if it reverses.)

Without turning this into a pissing contest, I guess we should revisit this. I have setups for a 113 drop virtually right next to me midscreen. Time to test and see if we can do this midscreen.

Chimbz

I named my dick Grayson
I have a corps hop setup midscreen. It's kinda hard to pull off. You gotta be down to about 2-3 frames

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
OK wow that spark dash cancel looks amazing why on earth haven't I ever seen anyone doing it?!!

I found another instant of this corner reversal which looks retarded. In the corner do an Escrima D3 then empty jump in. The results are totally retarded.
D3 is -12 I know, but who blocks low against Escrima?
I'll post videos shortly.

Braindead

OK videos are up (some of them are still being processed in YouTube though):
So when you do a D3 then do an empty jump in immediately shit becomes hilarious. The hitboxes of the moves reverse if they do the inputs too early and if they delay the inputs then the inputs get reversed because Nightwing has crossed up already.
This doesn't work on all moves but it works on most of them and maybe we can finish a combo with D3 and make this practical?
Here are some stuff:

Lift whiffs because the hitbox is reversed just like the Rocket

@TakeAChance this thread has turned out to be multiple setups.. Maybe you could ask one of the mods to rename the thread to something more general and update the OP to be like a general NW corner wakeup reversal thread?

Last edited:

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
At least I never posted in the thread so I can't feel like a total dumb ass. best thing I have seen in a while
Last time we played I did this to you. This has been my go to set up in the corner since its came out. i have about 6 different options and I've developed somewhat of a vortex of it.

@macro knows how often I use this.
@gpmoney does as well
@TakeAChance I did this in our set as well.

It works off of any combo that ends in 113, the trick is racking the gravity scaling as high as it can go.

If u watch some CORN videos mellow does this as well.

Basically, you guys need to catch up with the Midwestern nightwings lol

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
@STORMS , @CrimsonShadow, @Gamerblake90

Could you please rename the thread to "Nightwing - Corner Wakeup Reversals "

@Braindead

I will update the OP as more are found.

What we need dicks is a midscreen version. I was trying to get the D3 to work midscreen, I just can't get a setup that's close enough. Same with the 113 ender. Even my "Close" 113 enders were not close enough.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Last time we played I did this to you. This has been my go to set up in the corner since its came out. i have about 6 different options and I've developed somewhat of a vortex of it.

@gpmoney does as well

It works off of any combo that ends in 113, the trick is racking the gravity scaling as high as it can go.

Find a way to do this midscreen, and I will give you mega props.

Braindead

Now we are talking!
Haha I knew you'd like that.
It's so weird btw. I tried that on a few more moves in the cast and it's always hilarious results.
KF's slide hits but the hitbox is weird and NW lands on top of her head instead of being nicely spaced for a follow up combo so I don't think she can combo off her slide wake-up. Kind of like NW's EF in the video above.
Batman's slide is reversed like Superman's grab.
BA's Lightning Storm hits Nightwing but during the animation BA's is facing AWAY from the corner and NW is actually being electrocuted behind his back!
GL's turbine hits Nightwing but knocks him back to midscreen even though GL was facing the corner!
Hilarious stuff!!

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

@gpmoney does as well

I honestly don't remember our last set at all.

macro

Eezeepeezee
Just saying U3 is just a great move and Nightwings need to use it more if they don't already.
It has great setups after it hits it's +10 on block and it goes over lows

Braindead

What we need dicks is a midscreen version. I was trying to get the D3 to work midscreen, I just can't get a setup that's close enough. Same with the 113 ender. Even my "Close" 113 enders were not close enough.
Yeah the D3 knocks down the opponent too far unlike many other characters in this game :S
Gonna keep trying though.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
@TakeAChance lol you misspelled my name in your OP edit.
Fixed. Brainfart lol, I am at work so I keep checking this thread periodically.

@macro

U3 is hella good. The only problem with it is that in order to get the setups (that aren't all negated by a tech roll) it has to hit naked.

If we can find a way to end our combos into a hard knockdown/situation that can't be mitigated by a roll and reverses wakeups Nightwing is going to become insanely ferocious.