What's new

New Yomi Tier List after The Big Patch 9/1+

NariTuba

disMember
I hear you.

What I mean is the Injustice mentality but to a new extreme.
Ed Boon: "We don't want to nerf the high tiers...we want to buff everyone so all have dirt!"

MKX is the game where dirt = 50/50 and semi infinite block pressure (only limited by either meter or stamina)

it is a very lazy way to balance a game. Bt with 90 fucking characters I can't blame them.
i don't think many people here will understand what you mean when you say "is how NRS balanced MKX and it is balanced. Just not the way I would have preferred it." i am 100% with you on this. i think is the lazy way to balance a game
What would be the non lazy way to balance the game?

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
@General M2Dave surely this is in contention for fool of the week?

React to the 15f overhead and punish the + on block move lol.
Or maybe you guys' combined efforts of inability to understand that a period stands for "end of thought" should be fool of the week.

Punish accordingly meaning - when you get the chance, punish.

I can watch Cage's front leg and notice when he is doing overhead. Idk how to explain it. His front leg scoots up, I can block it fairly often. Idk how that makes me a "fool", maybe you guys are "fools" for not noticing it, iunno.

rafaw

#YouSuck
Or maybe you guys' combined efforts of inability to understand that a period stands for "end of thought" should be fool of the week.

I can watch Cage's front leg and notice when he is doing overhead. Idk how to explain it. His front leg scoots up, I can block it fairly often. Idk how that makes me a "fool", maybe you guys are "fools" for not noticing it, iunno.
Dont even matter the animation it has, it comes out in 15f, no one can react to it consistently!

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.

Did you even know the move can be made plus before this thread? Reacting to 15f overhead consistently during his pressure is a laughing riot.

If you were standing there watching him training for f2 over and over again then yeah you can react, but in the middle of his staggers and run cancels you're not reacting to his leg, you're fuzzy guarding and confusing it for reacting.

Haou Shoukou Ken

I am for wine & the company of questionable women

lol fool, who cares about the d4/f2 mix up thats not even his strong point, he can just lol dizzy knee into death by skc 50/50s
you guys are arguing over airplanes when the real problem is the terrorists

LavaG

Representing Gamers Republic GH
Dragons fire Liu and A list cage are probably more execution heavy, Dvorah you only really need a handful of cancels and none of them are BF inputs
:DOGE
And that is why people keep ignoring liu kang DF, that variation is A+ with the right execution imo.

FinalBoss_FGC

Dont even matter the animation it has, it comes out in 15f, no one can react to it consistently!
Did you even know the move can be made plus before this thread? Reacting to 15f overhead consistently during his pressure is a laughing riot.

If you were standing there watching him training for f2 over and over again then yeah you can react, but in the middle of his staggers and run cancels you're not reacting to his leg, you're fuzzy guarding and confusing it for reacting.
Hey @I Am The LK how many times have I gotten hit by f2? especially in the corner.

Once? Twice a game?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
What would be the non lazy way to balance the game?
This game will always be this way. No changing that. Example of a well designed character is Liu Kang and kano. They have 50/50 but do not over power the character. These 50/50s either splat and do minimal damage or are very hard to hit or there is no 50/50 (including all variations). Pressure is still relevant but set play is less accessible.
No 50/50s or strong pressure would lead to a game with only footsies and zoning.

A.K.A Ryu or Guile Mirrors.

A.K.A Boring as fuck.

Nobody wants to play or watch a game like that. It's obvious they didn't think their statements out lol.
True nobody wants that. I'm not sure if you were referring to me, but that's not what I was saying at all.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Hey @I Am The LK how many times have I gotten hit by f2? especially in the corner.

Once? Twice a game?
Isn't that the guy who said this?:

Heres what I gotta say about that Mr.YOMI: Cage has a good D4. BUT ON BLOCK LIU KANG CAN F44 RIGHT AFTER YOU DO THE MOVE. SO IF I DO THIS AND IT'S BLOCKED IM HANDING A TURN TO ATTACK OVER TO MY OPPONENT. OTHER CHARACTERS CAN DO THAT TO CAGE TO. His F3 is great. But awful if it whiffs. And it leads to a frame trap on block where I will either EAT ARMOR. DO A GRAB WHOOPTY FUCKIN DOO. D4 (IF BLOCKED IM HANDING THE TURN TO ATTACK TO MY OPPONENT.) DO AN OVERHEAD WHICH WILL GET BLOCKED. GO FOR A 11 AND GET POKED OUT OF IF MY OPPONENT IS SMART. OR 113 AND RISK GETTING FUZZY BLOCKED. OR 113 EX FORCE BALL WHICH CAN BE DESTROYED BY CASSIES FLIP KICK AND REPTILES DASH AND SEVERAL OTHER FAST MOVES. ANYONE WITH AN 8FRAME POKE CAN GET OUT OF THE EX FORCE BALL TRAP. SO MY OPTIONS SUCK. AND ALL FOR 23% OR 33% Good day. My opinion
Sounds like a real high-level player you're getting your experience from man.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
They over nerfed raiden so much:( seriously what's the point in removing everything raiden had just to give it to another character because they're too weak without it, then calling that 'fair' just because top tiers got worse and low tiers got better and in reality the tier lists just flipped for some characters...

The reason why this post is so stupid is because this has never happened. You're using a reasoning of something that never happened saying Kenshi will fair well. Make it happen and prove Kenshi is viable. I'd love to see 100% Kenshi in a major as well as multiple ft10 set Kenshi vs a top player outside of Yomi. Otherwise, your statements have zero merit.
My post is stupid? Lmao whatever floats your boat. I actually dnt care what you or others think about kenshi because just because many ppl say a character is bad, doesn't mean they actually are. Also u are not interpreting my post correctly so reply back to me when u actually understand what I was trying to say. Also no merit? Lol u are hilarious.

Well I keep hearing this line

"Wow have u seen how he uses kenshi? "

I mean that's all I have to go by.

No sense in arguing, your set in your ways as I am
I guess so, but I dnt care what anyone on here says, kenshi isn't an unviable character. Until he is losing most of his matchups 7-3 or something drastic like that, then I can't see why u can't main kenshi and do well at events.

@YOMI MITYEAP actually, I do wonder why you guys have ShaoJin as A and not A+

I really think he has tools for everything, gets mid 30s damage on 50/50s, standing reset that does 20s damage, a low and mid projectiles...iunno. I think he is better than A, that's my opinion tho.
Quite possible, some of the characters as have ranked in the A group could very well be A+, u can make the case for it. He has the potential to be top 10 in the game.

FinalBoss_FGC

Quite possible, some of the characters as have ranked in the A group could very well be A+, u can make the case for it. He has the potential to be top 10 in the game.
That's what I was telling the guys at STB.

Even at full screen you have to respect his low chakram, if I read the jump in...I up kick and punish you for trying to get away from low chakram lol I just think the high-mid tier guys are all so close.